UK Shares that interest

chump said:
Grunt,
If you don't mind the question, what package are you using for the P & F chart ?

Cheers

Chump

Shh.......I will get shouted down if I tell you.....Its Updata. No-one does PnF better.

Gallaher?
I'm starting to get nervous.Anyone put my mind at rest?
(I'm long)

jonnyy40
You sound like a Yorkshire man to me.
and glh has dropped from£6.38 to£ 6.28,
no Yorkshire man likes losing money,
BUT my indicators say its a buy, up to £6.57,
good luck.
hornblower

ps your not going to like it
BUT I am going to short it around £6.55 or less

Last edited:
jonnyy40
glh coming up this pm are you still in ? or you get out?
whatever you did ,hope you made a profit
regards
hornblower

Last edited:
reuters at 4 quid - H&S with the neck at 360 pp OR a 50% Fib retracement from 360 to 440 with a trgt of 450ish (127.2% of the retracement)? :)

Still in at the moment.
I think the dow will be below 10000 soon (I just wanted a second opinion).

RTR.L - imo an Inv H&S is forming (right shoulder) after Fib 50% retracement to 4 quid. H&S target 440, Fib 127.2% of retracement target 450ish.

ARM.L - imo after meeting the trgt of an Inv H&S at 135 pp, a bigger scale H&S right shoulder has formed. I'd say that bigger H&S trgt is 110 pp.

Wow! This small ball i started rolling on the first page has turned into a small avalanche on a medium size mountain. Thanks for all your reply's and if there's any shares i see that i have an opinion about then i'll try to post a point of view on it.
I a fan of ARM for trading most certainly. A good channel and trend to trade with, it may be due to the width in the price channel and a wide deviation from it's mean or average. IMHO this makes this share good for jumping on trends and upward movements.

i luv trading ARM as well. however we all shud've bn into good old Rolls-Royce at 180 pp :)) actually since march 2003, when it was trading at 50 pp - RR outperformed all our darligs, ARM, LOG, SGE, even RTR :) speaking of an old lady....

Yes the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing! Similar to looking back on a chart and seeing where we could or should of got in. But is it that easy on the right edge of the chart?

i know this post will bring about a huge grin on the faces of those who traded in 2000 :) but any1 here trading Geo Interactive (Emblaze now) or Autonomy?

how i c it:

RTR.L - tempting 400 pp level again. However the inverse H&S with the neck at 440 didnt materialise - which is not too bullish is it. We hv 2 c if 400 holds. No trade here yet.

ARM.L - clear H&S in the making with neck of 110pp. However, leg down from 136pp to 127ish, followed by a bear flag was completed by the "measured move" from 131 to 122ish (same distance). Bear flag trgt met. Speculative long at 122 level is well justified imo. Definitely out if 119 does not hold this time.

AUTN.L - 300 is def too tough to b/o. Small uptrend cclearly broken. Needs to re-test 270 pp sup (if not 260pp multi-month sup). Short anywhere round 295 pp is a good trade imo with 305ish as a natural stop loss.

MSY.L - yesterday's short at 237ish (b/d of tri with 242 being too tough) played out well but dont forget 220 pp is a multi-month sup. U either cover here for 15 pence profit OR move your stoploss to right below yr entry looking for a big wash-out to the downside.

Well ARM is the only one there that i like to trade. Personally i wouldn't be stopping that close to this one. Pro's gun for those areas and know that punters maybe a point or two round the obvious areas to put stops. The last low was 118.75 in early feb which saw a bounce from that area, which probably stopped the weak hands out and gave it a chance of an upward move. I would be more inclined to have a stop in 110-115 with less risk on the trade via my position size.
On RTR (and in my opinion) 400 wont be holding. I think it'll come back a bit more to find the buyers.
I'm interested in your trading style and ideas China. What timeframe or timeframes are you using?

Last edited:
matey - I am 90% ES intraday trader. with ES u shoot for anything from 15 min to several hours.

UK techs r my old passion. I traded options (mostly OTC) on UK techs as a pro (Geo Interactive, Autonomy, Bookham, Mysis, Sage etc.) - and i just love this good old Great British illiquid tech world - illiquid by comparison to US techs. With options on UK techs if it goes against u - u just hv NO chance to stop yrself out - too illiquid - unlike US techs where u go to listed mrkt - take a loss - but u KNOW what exact loss u'll take.... :)

anyway answering yr Q - I dont daytrade UK Techs - go for swings, couple of days maybe longer sort of thing.

Very good observation about ARM btw. Well spotted. I was working 119 back then, didnt get a fill, but got filled later on when the Old Lady was closed on ADRs at 6.50 USD. Of coz next morning I cud get 119 on LSE :) but anyway was a nice 10% win over the couse of just a few days.

With reuters e.g. got filled on exactly what u mentioned - this early morning dip to 395. comfortably closed right after 10:30 that day at 415.50 pp. But i agree this time round it probably neds to retrace more.

I'm justing sticking to one trading strategy at the moment. I'm a swinger myself in the trading sense, holding from one to four weeks and trying to let the move play out. I find this easier for me, it saves me having to make decisions on trades every five minutes! And churning all my cash up in spread differences and slippage. I stay away from my intraday impulses!

Last edited:
just noticed

SGE.L - quite an interesting 4-5 days triangle. sitting on its lower bound @ 194ish, upper bound currently wud be about 2 quid. Juicy for a speculative L imo, since any significant move up will bring SGE to re-testing 210pp (if not b/o), however, any b/d from this triangle will be well supported by 190 mega sup level so u r probably looking at 8+% upside vs. 2% possible downside.

Hmm i wouldn't count on that 190 so much just yet. It does look like heavy support on a daily chart. But it's not a historic level for the stock so i'm not too sure. It's only been tested once (from this side) and it hasn't bounced too far from that test. Personally, i would chose to stand aside on this one. I would call a support major support once it's been tested 3 or more times. It's been tested as resistance that many times and more but this one would be to close to put my judgement behind it. In my opinion this share may be trading in the middle of it's channel from a wider view of the chart.But that all depends on where you draw you channel lines and whether you think the trend has slanted it's gradient slightly. I mean, it may still be in the consolidation phase but just moved up a notch! Similar to what KGF had been doing over the last couple of months. Wow, this one is really hard to work. Coz, if that was the case then the last high would be a false brake and the chart would currently be at the top of it's (my) channel line. <--------this is the reason i'm not trading this one at the mo. I'm gonna wait for some kind of island of order amongst all this chaos! But hey, what do i know!

Last edited:
tech u mentioned u'd put a stop on ARM round 110pp. but imo if this H&S plays out it'll just go to 110ish - dont u think u'll be stopping yrself at exactly the level where u might want to be long?

Sage - agreed - thats why i called it a "speculative" long here :)

I don't really take your opinion that were gonna find that level. And measuring the the head and shoulders from the top to the neckline would put the share to about 100p, IF that happened. Which IMHO i don't think it will. There may be too many bulls and too much power behind this tech leader. But hey! that's why the markets work like they do. If we all had the same opinion then the markets wouldn't work. I would be putting my stop where i have i suggested because i'm not working from the same plan and strategy as you. Heck! i don't even know your strategy so you can't expect me to agree with you on that one. Here's a chart to explain my interest. Using a weekly timeframe gives me a big picture view. I believe that buying near a moving average is buying into value. At the moment with the weekly EMA still rising, I like the look of ARM. So hence the bullish stance for me!

Attachments

• arm weekly[1].jpg
    arm weekly[1].jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 293