UK Shares that interest

Trading Shed - 900 pixels wide is the maximum without sideways scrolling.That would give a "natural depth " of around 750 pixels.

OK

Thanks, it would be nice if charts were posted of a sort of 'standardised size' by all.......perhaps asking too much.... there are some real mammouth in some threads ;)

Last edited:
Shell

Anyone has any thoughts on the Shell Chart?

Here is my interpretation:

The support line @ 370 seems to be a valid one as it provided support on several other occasions. Even when recently broken in November, my indicators give an oversold condition then, that was rectified in December.
Now after a major sell off we are in the same boat.

Should the price move down again, I have found support @ 342 and 330.
The downtrend channel line would also point at a max low + support at around 345.
It could, of course be an almighty triangle, the target of which would wipe Shell out of the picture!

If we believe that the sell off is overdone and that is more an issue of corporate governance, than probabilities would be greater on the upside. I have a target @ 415/420 with a stop @ 330 giving a ratio of around 2:1.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• shell 3 copy.gif
    shell 3 copy.gif
    28 KB · Views: 379
I read this on monday regarding shell - You may find it interesting.

Stock to Watch - Shell
Shell has suffered a double whammy in the past ten days. The first blow was self-inflicted. Its announcement that it was reclassifying its reserves. This was not Enron type fraud. And it did not imply wholesale incompetence as the financial press (men and women who can't see further than their next expenses fiddle) implies. Basically reserves which were just probables or possibles are being downgraded. Shell still has reserves worth over 10 years of production and is replacing them at between 70 and 90% a year so it is nowhere near running out. Profits and production going forward will not be affected. Shell still has a very powerful balance sheet and is generating lots of cash. Frankly it could "drill in the City" if it wished to.

The next whammy (well a minor blow) is that crude has slipped back from c$32 a barrel to c$30 a barrel. But this is no collapse. Critically OPEC has made it pretty clear that it will keep oil prices high (i.e. $28 plus) yet most analysts are basing 2004 profits forecasts on Brent trading at $24-25. So we think most profits and earnings forecasts are wrong (i.e. too low) and will be revised upwards as 2004 progresses. Shell should have generates earnings of around 33p last year and should make, at least, 30p this year. That funds a dividend of 16.2p this year and frankly Shell could afford more. At 360p the yield is thus 4.5% which for a rock solid giant starts to look attractive.

Shell has been in a 360p - 420p range for over a year and despite the gap down in the shares a week last Friday there is little sign of this range being broken. If that mammoth IR disaster can't break the range what can? In due course as the dust settles the shares should return to the top of the range.

At 360p Shell looks attractive.

any1 here like me looking to Buy ARM.L on a dip to 120 pp?

sort of same sup (seemingly) at 290 for LOG.L - but I am more wary of that. If u look at it more carefully - i reckon it's more like 240 pp.

any1 here into Army and Logics? :)

I watch/trade ARM. Keeping close eye on it too. Chart shows potential support around 118/122 level. Do you think 122. 75 price on Thursday was the successful test of the support

Attachments

• arm.gif
    arm.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 385
Logica:

Short term double top at 314 and failed to make new high for year.

Retracement of recemt moves

38% = 286
50% = 277
62% = 268

294/5 level was peak of pause on the way down during Nov/Dec.

Attachments

• log.gif
    log.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 407
mully said:
....Do you think 122. 75 price on Thursday was the successful test of the support

mully, I'd need a close above thursdays high (127.75) to confirm

I daytrade ARM for a living and don't usually formulate any opinions on what I see it doing - but here's my quick view:

I reckon ARM hit support on Thursday and today, for that matter, and will wait and see what the Nasdaq will do, before it makes up it's mind.

By the way any other ARM Day Traders out there?? It would be nice to see how other traders are managing it?

Attachments

• arm.png
    arm.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 376
I forgot to mention that ARM touched 122.75 first thing this am again as Frequent Trader noted.

it was 123.50 this am - lod - wasnt it? I think 122.75 was the bid for a couple of secs, but it never traded there.

anyway - yes I do think it was a test of 120 area, mully. sadly :( as I've been working 119.50...

yep - agreed it will all depend on Naz. If Naz picks up on the heels of this Semis report - we'll go back to 140ies.

I agree-

This could make a big move later today or tommorrow. Volume has been real light today, but there is someone trying to hold it up.

But I'm ready and waiting to get short for a quick fire few pence...

China White do you day trade this??

ARM and LOG? no I daytrade mostly SP, in UK techs I take swing positions from a cupl of days to a cupl of weeks. well obviously depends on the market mate :)

Definately interested in discussing Uk shares.

Am also a full time trader who has jacked in his job to make his own money.

British Energy is an interesting one, every 3 to 4 months the share jumps 50-60%. it has happened four time to date, with it currently in the top bip with a 20% gain today.

Network Technology has also got really predictable peaks and troughs. currently slowly making way down slowly but will definately jump again when it reachs the low.

Been riding on the big boys back on Trafficmaster and Charter to day. Done pretty well for the day but hopefully gains will continue tomorrow.

Speak to you later.

Reuters keeps on catching my eye.
Despite recent poor FTSE100 performance,
RTR keeps on trying to break to a new 52 week high.
Pull back after recent run has been very shallow.

Any thoughts/comments?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    43 KB · Views: 293
Reuters looks like an interesting one. Very short bid/offer spread which is nice.

Probably more a medium term gain than short term.

I tend to go by the LSE RNS news, so there is usually big movement. Today got African Diamonds and Bioprogress both doing pretty well.

What else are you looking at.