UK Shares that interest

Anyone getting excited over Amvescap. Appears to be holding its 50% retracement. Cheaper p/e than overall market, figures out of the way. No great surprises, if anything fund outflow less than feared.

Attachments

• avz.gif
    avz.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 482
LOG lost 288-90 sup, think its heading down to 240 pp, which is apparently a mega strong level.

ARM - did gap down a bit and lost that 122.75 level we discussed. However I think there is an opportunity here - as the real multi-month sup seems to be slightly lower, I'd say 120pp. Which hasnt even bn touched yet.

I am working 120 pp bid here at the mo. Not the safest trade (if happens) but - the upside here is the retest of mid 140ies. 5% stoploss against 20% potential upside with reasonable odds - I am playing this :)

ARM ADRs

another thought.

looking at ARM's ADRs u may want to argue that the real sup is USD 6.50ish which is 7% off yesteday's US close, so roughly given 2.5% current UK decline wud mean that we need to go another 4.5% = 6 pence, so down to 116 pp to find support.

HOWEVER, USD 6.50 back in October is actually more in Sterling than same amount today, due to FX. As much as 6-8% really. SO it is 120ish, IF NOT higher.

Attachments

• arm holdings- plc- daily.jpg
    arm holdings- plc- daily.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 481
Running into resistance. P&F target reached. Have to be a seller at these levels.

Attachments

• arm holdings.jpg
    arm holdings.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 480
mully

AVZ - ah you're playing my music :) :)

I have it changing intermediate trend to up, although not very
convincingly (the vertical blue line) and on the point of completing
its first reaction. Just waiting for a close above 416.5.

Could wish ftse was stronger tho'. :(

Attachments

• avz.gif
    avz.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 442
Amvescap

Barjon. Amvescap is an interesting one. Bought a couple of months ago in the middle of the investigation.

Managed to buy at around 352 mark then watched it bounch right back up again. I have played this one a few times since and made small gains.

Do you still think there is money to be made now that the price has come back up?

Looks like it may hold. The Volume action is in a strong uptrend and looks bullish. I would like to see the Tracker down below 75 again, which there's a good chance

Attachments

• amvescap ord 25p.png
    amvescap ord 25p.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 468
Anyone have thoughts about Gallaher?I'm Bearish towards the Dow so am holding it for now.(Put a limit sell in day before yesterday on British Energy for 8.5p!But I got another little bite and it all adds up).

Barc broke the down trend on the 4.2.04 at £4.99
results thurs , target £5.30

edit stopped out,
only 5 pts profit

Last edited:
The Charts

Here are the relevant charts:

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 299
a different chart for SGE.

Since last September it had 7 attempts to break through the long
term fib50 resistance. Finally made it and changed intermediate
trend to up on the way.

Like AVZ would wish ftse is stronger. My rules don't let me enter
full positions against the ftse intermediate trend (which I have as
down at the moment).

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 320
Grunt,
If you don't mind the question, what package are you using for the P & F chart ?

Cheers

hornblower - by break-out u mean break down thru those levels right? so if i get it right, u r not a buyer on pullbacks there? I am actually looking for a Long. On Sage missed the entry today (on th dip in the mrng) by a penny :)

Also, is any1 here seeing this slight pullback on Arm to 126ish as the right shoulder of an Inverse H&S? with the trgt of mid 140ies?

good lk

china white

If you don't mind me asking, what time frame are you using to view the inverse head & shoulders on ARM?

I seem to be reading this opporsite to you as I have a possible head & shoulders top forming on the daily chart, starting at the beginning of December. If this breaks to the downside then I would look at sub 100 as my target.

If I were to trade this aggressively then I would look to enter at the pullback to the trendline that was broken at the end of Jan.
Today's action seems to be pretty significant as its around my short entry price now, so I'm stalking it.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Kind regards

Marc.

it is a shorter time frame i am lookin at m8 - since arm peaked in mid 140ies. i hv to correct myself tho - the pulback wich i c as the right shoulder is actually recent dip to 123ish (not 126 :) ) and 2ndly - yep u may argue that the trget for this Inv H&S is 135ish, not mid 140ies.