UK Shares that interest

Next continues to decline in a clear down channel. It may find a temporary support around 1075p. Breach of this level would give us a target of 960p, a50% fib level.

Attachments

• nxt weekly.gif
    nxt weekly.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 745
The Smart Money has already been moving out of NEXT since the middle of last month as indicated by the OBV.

Moving Averages have also crossed over. Looking very bearish!

Attachments

• nxt daily.gif
    nxt daily.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:
bonsai/bluechip

my last swing high for MKS was 14/11 when I added my third
(and last) bite. I won't have abandoned my entire short position
until it closes above that level (290) although I'll be out of two
thirds of it by then. Pyramiding out - is that a legitimate phrase!!

Superb charts peeps :cool:

Bonsai - The charts are a little bit big, but nothing too troublesome :)

BCT - In Photoshop it's best to save the image as either .GIF or .PNG as these file sizes are a lot smaller.

Hope this helps

Hi FTSE Beater,

Perhaps you should change your name to DAT Trader/Beater! :LOL:

I now use a very small (309kb) magic of a screen capture programme called MWsnap.

File size now only 22kb. Beat that Bonsai. :)

Blue Chip

sorry but I think you may have overloaded the system.
can't get any of the charts to show now.

any chance of you converting to gif, so we can see them?

edit

coming through loud and clear now
thanks BC.

Last edited:
BARC suddenly looking bearish?

A lower high followed by a break of the lower channel boundary that it's been stuck in since March's lows today.

Ideally I'd like to see a pullback to the broken up trendline before getting in for a short at <480p, target 415p.

There doesn't appear to be any strong support short of March's low although it could bounce from the uptrend's reaction lows at 457, 432 and 403ish.

Attachments

• barc031211.gif
    barc031211.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
BA- also looking dicey?

Double top followed by lower high giving a saucer top (almost?), divergence in OBV shows money running away from this share through the post top rallies.

Pulled back to 170 today would like to short on next move down below 167 if downtrend still intact by then, target 140, stop at 176 gives a nice 2.5:1 risk/reward.

Attachments

• ba031211.gif
    ba031211.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 555
wouldnt it better to actually buy the warrant on these stocks/either put or call.lower capital outlay/higher profitablity

Has anyone got any views on Aviva at the moment? It must be worth a punt given current value. An eminently strong insurer with at least upside to £5.00.

Aviva is a play on Footsie given its large holding of UK equities in its life funds. Chart has not acted well for some time, with lower lows. However, if you want to be bullish be aware that it is at a Fib level (38% retracement of its 2003 bull run). See chart below

Attachments

• aviva.gif
    aviva.gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 634
Icap?

How about Icap .. been a fantastic performer for past 3 years as a buy and hold stock and as a buy on dips strategy. Sorry this is not the best chart I could find but I am at home not at work.
Currently FTSE 250 but soon to be 100.

Peter

Attachments

• iap.png
    iap.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 604
To answer the dentist007, I personally these days avoid warrants and options after making a bit of money on the latter mainly by uninformed gambler's luck ( :-0 :rolleyes: ) back in the nineties.

The big problem with buying options and warrants is the time value: it works against you on longer term positions particularly if you end up holding the warrants close to settlement, and can also be adversely affected by changes in volatility. I am looking to get into writing options/more complex strategies at some point in the future, which popular wisdom says is where the pros make lots of money from the amateur option buyers, however it's such a complex subject that I don't consider myself nearly savvy enough yet.

Better to use to CFDs or spreadbets to get the gearing required, IMHO, unless you're constrained by trading from a SIPP. OK the potential loss is much more than your initial margin, but that's what Money Management is for.

Resize ShareScope so that it is smallish in size. Then press Alt + PrintScreen. Then open Paint (start, programs, accessories, paint) or whatever graphics package you usually use.

(Alt + PrintScreen pastes the 'live' screen onto your clipboard, whereas PrintScreen pastes the whole screen which is a pain if you are using multiple monitors as it will paste all the screens.)

Then in Paint, edit, paste, and your image will be in Paint. Then file, save as, and choose the name, and also choose the format - jpeg is good, which is at the bottom of the list of options. I always save mine to my desktop, then I always know where it is!

Then on the T2W boards, at the bottom of the thread hit Post Reply, and type the message. At the end you will see Attach File - click on Browse to find the image saved on your desktop (or wherever), and then Submit Reply.

(You cannot attach an image using the Post Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread.)

testing

Testing how to attache charts

Attachments

• barclays.jpg
    barclays.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
TS
you can also go to "edit" in Sharescope then click on "copy graph
to clipboard" then open Paint , edit, paste and save as a gif file.
Then as Skim says above.

Jon

charts

Thanks guys
What's the best size (kb) and format to post? (jpg, jif...) Don't want to cause problems.....