UK Politics

There is the possibility he took his own life for real because he could not bear the consequences of his sexed up traffic dossier.

Bit like David Kelly and the sexed up WMD dossier, so the big G said.

If the Scots Nats had their o
Gordon should spend his time giving this lecture to Nicola and the Scots Nats. Another failed politician trying to con the public into believing that he knows best.

If the Scot Nats had their way there would soon be a border wall like Trumps'. The anti Brits would be overjoyed to see a once great country on it's knees. However the coming 4th Reich in Europe would NOT be half so kind to them.

Ok I can see you are very serious about this BBC larky and what you say is true.

You are undermining the intelligence gathering operations and mouth piece of British government.

I hope you realise this amounts to a mutiny and in earlier days you might be flogged to death if not swiftly hanged.

I don't watch much telly either but do like the science and horizon progs. The weather and wind direction is pretty important to me too. As the BBC goes, it is awful but I do like it (y) :love: (y)
I'm looking forward to this, I'll use the paperwork either as firelighters or bog roll.

In the coming General Election I thought the Brexit party and Nigel Farage would do well but
1. Boris says it's Brexit for sure on Oct 31st. So his new party are redundant.
2. Nigel has had a rant against the Royals.

Does that mean you can watch ITV and all other channels on your TV set then but simply not BBC?

What about radio? Does no licence mean you can't listen to BBC Radio 4 anymore?
You are not allowed to watch ANY live broadcast, so that includes any channel not just the BBC, see how they tried to screw us there! It doesn't apply to prerecorded catch-up services or the internet ( unless it is broadcast live).

Doesn't apply to radio either or any of the non-live broadcast services such as Netflix, prime etc.

On a practical basis, I am wondering how they will stop you watching live broadcast if someone decides to break the law, they would somehow need to catch you in the act and then provide evidence in a court of law to secure a conviction.

With so many people now cancelling their licenses Capita have got a bit of a job on their hands trying to catch people who are watching live broadcast.

In the coming General Election I thought the Brexit party and Nigel Farage would do well but
1. Boris says it's Brexit for sure on Oct 31st. So his new party are redundant.
2. Nigel has had a rant against the Royals.

We don't have Brexit yet, Tories cannot be trusted, seeing is believing.

Good on Farage for calling out the Royals, if they are going to make political statements then they should be critised as much as anyone else that makes political statements.

The royals, like the house of lords needs closer scrutiny as to where the benefit of the tax payer is realised, paying for royal luxury holidays and private jets does not appear to be a fair spend of taxpayers money.

We don't have Brexit yet, Tories cannot be trusted, seeing is believing.

Good on Farage for calling out the Royals, if they are going to make political statements then they should be critised as much as anyone else that makes political statements.

The royals, like the house of lords needs closer scrutiny as to where the benefit of the tax payer is realised, paying for royal luxury holidays and private jets does not appear to be a fair spend of taxpayers money.

The Queen, wisely, has always stayed out of politics. Charles & the young royals have failed to follow her example and will pay the price.

You are not allowed to watch ANY live broadcast, so that includes any channel not just the BBC, see how they tried to screw us there! It doesn't apply to prerecorded catch-up services or the internet ( unless it is broadcast live).

Doesn't apply to radio either or any of the non-live broadcast services such as Netflix, prime etc.

On a practical basis, I am wondering how they will stop you watching live broadcast if someone decides to break the law, they would somehow need to catch you in the act and then provide evidence in a court of law to secure a conviction.

With so many people now cancelling their licenses Capita have got a bit of a job on their hands trying to catch people who are watching live broadcast.

Thanks SC. I agree to some extent. Don't see why they should have a monopoly over the TV box. BBC are just another channel provider.

If they own the TV distribution channel then maybe they should charge other channels for using their distribution terminal (TV) so to speak.

I'm tempted to cancel licence as I listen to radio more than watch TV. Have Prime but hardly watch anything on that either. I can see how more people will leave the BBC.

BBC can always start advertising to pay for her ways.

On another note I think UK is under cyber attack.

London gets power cut.
BA outage
FTSE hiccup this morning.

Just coincidence or something else going on?

UK maybe under attack from China and/or Iran. Being US poodle makes us a target for no good reason. We should be like Germany, just get on with production and good living. Meddling in places all over the world where we have no business.

I could simply have an over active imagination and perhaps UK infrastructure and corporations just struggling with age fatigue.

On another note I think UK is under cyber attack.

London gets power cut.
BA outage
FTSE hiccup this morning.

Just coincidence or something else going on?

UK maybe under attack from China and/or Iran. Being US poodle makes us a target for no good reason. We should be like Germany, just get on with production and good living. Meddling in places all over the world where we have no business.

I could simply have an over active imagination and perhaps UK infrastructure and corporations just struggling with age fatigue.
It does seem a bit too coincidental doesn't it? You just wonder what the true Chinese thought is on our leaving the EU (who don't support the US and are afraid of upsetting the world's trouble makers) and if they would like to stymie it?

If the Scot Nats had their way there would soon be a border wall like Trumps'.

The quicker the Scots get their independence and Ireland re-unites then England will be a step closer to true autonomy. The UK has been on the way out for decades and the most efficient course of action would be to put it out of its misery....which is sort of what Brexit will achieve, eventually. Of course, that will still leave us with the vexatious Welsh Question but I'm sure that the political class will find an answer.

The quicker the Scots get their independence and Ireland re-unites then England will be a step closer to true autonomy. The UK has been on the way out for decades and the most efficient course of action would be to put it out of its misery....which is sort of what Brexit will achieve, eventually. Of course, that will still leave us with the vexatious Welsh Question but I'm sure that the political class will find an answer.
Good things those walls – Hadrian & Offa knew a thing or two about them! There should never have been an Irish "wall" in the first place.

Good things those walls – Hadrian & Offa knew a thing or two about them!

Wasn't Offa more into dykes? ....the old folk weren't so politically correct back in those days.

There should never have been an Irish "wall" in the first place.
Why build a wall when there is already a ditch? :)

Walls are for short sighted people who don't want to look very far.

Chicken brains. :unsure:

There will be a good business opportunity on the Mexican side of the border with electric ( quiet ) drones that can hop over Dump's wall and back again in minutes.

There will be a good business opportunity on the Mexican side of the border with electric ( quiet ) drones that can hop over Dump's wall and back again in minutes.

Maybe this was just a test flight demonstration for the Mexican market? :unsure: