UK Politics

Boris did give a rousing speech today up North. Must have pleased them jam butty munchers with his rhetoric and handouts.
My expectation is that he will get Brexit done on Oct 31st and then have a General Election soon after.
So the remoaners had better get used to it.

How long before Big Don summons baby Boris ?
6 weeks ?

mini me.jpg

Boris's Righthand Man

It's significant that Boris has appointed Dominic Cummings as his chief of staff. Cummings is clever, ruthless, radical, and it will be interesting to see how effective his tenure will be. He was well portrayed by Cumberbatch in the TV docudrama of the 2016 referendum. You can get a good idea of his thinking from his blog https://dominiccummings.com/ – It's a long read and you will need to concentrate but if you've ever worked in government/political circles you will recognise his viewpoint.

Itchy finger hovering over the TV Licence cancel button, anyone else TV license free?

Cancelled, saving myself £154, not paying for Biased Bullshit Broadcasting Company any longer, let's see what happens now.👍🤜🤛🤘🙌:)

Cancelled, saving myself £154, not paying for Biased Bullshit Broadcasting Company any longer, let's see what happens now.👍🤜🤛🤘🙌:)
Just gets an error message ????????????

The BBC needs a good shake up imho. They pay overated B list celebs millions and for what ?
I dread to think how much public money they give themselves.
It's becoming like the USA with being driven by greed not content. There used to be worth watching documentaries and comedies especially. Not anymore !!

Just gets an error message ????????????

What get's an error message?

The BBC needs a good shake up imho. They pay overated B list celebs millions and for what ?
I dread to think how much public money they give themselves.
It's becoming like the USA with being driven by greed not content. There used to be worth watching documentaries and comedies especially. Not anymore !!

Looks like they are making moves towards a subscription based service, good luck with that, the competition is already established and growing.

Because the BBC is an institution we have all grown up with, it has been quite difficult to separate what the BBC does from reality. I agree about the comedy and documentaries, unfortunately it has all been politicised, I wasn't aware until Brexit, that's how insidious it is. They probably did a good job holding govt to account at one time, but now they won't hold them to account unless it promotes the globalist agenda, they would rather hold the public to account instead, that is arse about face, they also promote UKGov propaganda in foreign countries as an extension of UK foreign policy, basically it acts as the propaganda extension of the foreign office when setting up operations abroad through BBC media action. I already pay income tax that pays for our big govt and foreign aid, why should I be taxed more?

They also try to make out that TV licensing is mandatory, it is not, however they screwed us by extending its use to ALL broadcast media, not just the BBC, also wrong.

It's not restricted to the BBC either the politicised MSM promotes a one sided view of the globalist agenda, the BBC is the worst for it, compare with the much more informal ITV news for example, there is more balanced coverage, even though still biased, more of ITV's news just report the news without reporters opinion or politicisation, they still do it though, some channels are worst than others.

Why should I be paying for that? Unless I supported the globalist agenda? Or I hadn't realised what was happening? It's galling to think I've paid thousands over the years for this, to be fair I have enjoyed quality documentaries and comedy until recent years, but the politicisation has gone too far, comedy is 'woke' and left wing, documentaries are 'woke' and left wing, especially the nature and wildlife documentaries, incessantly pushing the climate change agenda, just report the facts and all would be OK, don't throw the guilt trip onto the screen unless it is a specific documentary to do that, I like to think I'm an adult and can make my own decision on facts presented, but if 'facts' are politicised then no................

Most of what the BBC does is available elsewhere, it's had it's time, I'm moving on, I already pay for Netflix and Prime, youtube is free and high quality (although I also object to youtube as it's owned by Google, you just can't escape the globalist agenda, it's everywhere) :cool:

The TV Licensing company (outsourced for profit Capita) must be having a hard time, there must be thousands of people cancelling if mild mannered me has taken the leap, they must be on a recruitment drive for extra letter writers and door knockers 😂

Check out the BBC news App on a mobile phone (a service you don't need the license for), over a period of time you will see the bias, their 'video of the day' feature (the video clip rollover without actually watching any videos) constantly pushing the globalist agenda, LGBTQ+, minorities, women, anti-Trump, anti-Brexit and so on, it's stark (not Ned Stark, he was a good bloke who's life was cut short too early :-D)

UK is going to have to call on independent UN observers at this rate to keep an eye on what is happening to citizens, I thought police brutality and bias was consigned to the history bin, it appears not [emoji44]

Have you considered where you gonna get your weather forecasts from now? :unsure:

Ok I can see you are very serious about this BBC larky and what you say is true.

You are undermining the intelligence gathering operations and mouth piece of British government.

I hope you realise this amounts to a mutiny and in earlier days you might be flogged to death if not swiftly hanged.

I don't watch much telly either but do like the science and horizon progs. The weather and wind direction is pretty important to me too. As the BBC goes, it is awful but I do like it (y) :love: (y)

Ok I can see you are very serious about this BBC larky and what you say is true.

You are undermining the intelligence gathering operations and mouth piece of British government.

I hope you realise this amounts to a mutiny and in earlier days you might be flogged to death if not swiftly hanged.

I don't watch much telly either but do like the science and horizon progs. The weather and wind direction is pretty important to me too. As the BBC goes, it is awful but I do like it (y) :love: (y)
My own form of civil disobedience, I feel liberated, I am in solidarity with my fellow comrades across the globe, the gilet jaunes, Hong Kong protestors, the suffrajettes, and the Simpsons [emoji16]

Quick, murder him in prison before it all comes out.

That was quick.

That was quick.

2nd time lucky.

Difference between US and UK avoidance of justice scheme:

1. US incarcerate suspected perpetrator, murder him/her. Leaving all other high profile sex perps in the clear.

2. UK incarcerate victim/whistleblower and dose up to incoherence, make up additional charges to lengthen stay, eventually deem not fit and detain under psychological act. Setup bogus enquiry, run as a sham inquiry with collusion of establishment, don't call for evidence from a key witness/whistleblower because she is psychologically unfit. Eventually close enquiry with no more action to be taken leaving all high profile sex perps in the clear.

Same result, different methods and UK victim/whistleblower still incarcerated, unable to tell her story.