UK House price charts?

Can't wait to see interest rates go up and then back down again when the double dip kicks in and I own!

To clarify -

- £200 on negative or positive change in house prices,
- for the year 1st June 2010 - 31st May 2011
- based on Nationwide's house price monthly price survey press release in June 2011...

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/default.asp (here is the one for April 2010)

If you are happy with above - I accept gentleman's agreement for the wager... (y)

If not please amend for review...

Hi KTF,

I accept you won the bet.

How do you want to receive the dosh? If you send me pm I'll honour the £200 wager.

Well done.

On another note house prices have risen approx 9% in Redbridge and Worthing so delighted to say personally I'm up on my finances by good many K... :)

I think Trader333 was spot on. Whilst the rest of the country suffered prices in London and South East/West held and in fact have risen. He did point this out and pretty much exactly what has come to be.

Once again well done and let me know how you want the prize?

Best regards (y)

Payment received, cheers Mike. Good luck.

I'm glad you've got it. Well earnt. It was a good run.

So Mr K, what is your prediction for next year?

May I also enquire as to whether you were surprised by the strength of the recovery or was it as expected? From my experience based on Land Registry sold prices London and West Sussex is doing exceptionally well.

In fact to anybody interested in moving out of London - after Brighton, I can state Worthing is the next bright spot. I met one of my neighbours good few doors down who said she took redundancy and headed straight to Worthing. She too started touring the South coast and settled on Worthing. We have a new swimming complex being built and a number of developments along the sea front. Goring by the sea is also a delight.

I'm dissapointed the rest of the country isn't feeling the lift but I sincerely feel with inflation at 5% and negative interest rates - house prices will be maintained - they will categorically not come down. The historical ratio with income and house prices is not a valid one in light of foreign investment and inheritance passing over to children.

So I'm bullish on property and would favour it as an integral part of any investment. (y)

(y)

Thought it would have been at least -10 rather than the -1 or so % on the year. Mortgage approvals keep falling, and there's very little good cheer for the market bar the buckets of mostly aisan moola coming in to the top end of the london market. 60-70% of all prime property was bought by foreigners last month which probably kept the average up.

I'm happy to do a similar bet?

Thought it would have been at least -10 rather than the -1 or so % on the year. Mortgage approvals keep falling, and there's very little good cheer for the market bar the buckets of mostly aisan moola coming in to the top end of the london market. 60-70% of all prime property was bought by foreigners last month which probably kept the average up.

I'm happy to do a similar bet?

So to clarify you saying house prices will continue to fall.

Are we talking identical bet as before?

-ve you win and +ve change I win. Amount £200. Using Nationwide stats as before?