Trump Presidency and the Consequences

No. This Muslim nonsense is already working its way toward the courts.

The left and the Supreme Court have repeatedly reminded us of during the past 8 years that the President and federal government have broad authority over immigration.

Peter

Attachments

• dt.JPG
    dt.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
In terms of GDP, China has been rising for several decades while the US has been declining at pretty much the same rate. Given that Republicans are pursuing exactly the wrong course, all China has to do is wait. As for confrontation, do you mean war? Considering how we've fumbled the ME and have learned zip from the experience, I wouldn't bet too heavily on the US.

As we prepare our budget request for Congress, our military strength will be questioned by no one and neither will our dedication to peace. And we do want peace.

--Trump

IOW, don't think about what I'm saying; look at this flashy object over here.

This is consistent with what I've been saying about societies and social contracts. It's lengthy, but important:

Why Even Have a Country in the First Place?

Our best defense is knowing what America stands for.

Many of the folks I know are getting ready to play serious defense in 2017, and they're not wrong. Before we take up our three-point stance on the national line of scrimmage, however, maybe we should ask ourselves not only what we're fighting against, but what we're fighting for. What kind of United States of America do we actually want? Maybe, in fact, we could start by asking: What is a country for? What should a country do? Why do people establish countries in the first place?

If Dump & co. make a complete mess of things there will be a strong swing the other way imho. The left may get in yet.

In a presidential memorandum, President Donald Trump gave top aide Stephen Bannon a role on the National Security Council, while military and intelligence leaders including the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff were downgraded. (The Guardian)

Just keeps gettin' better and better.

In a presidential memorandum, President Donald Trump gave top aide Stephen Bannon a role on the National Security Council, while military and intelligence leaders including the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff were downgraded. (The Guardian)

Just keeps gettin' better and better.

According to a top official from the Cold War era it is only The Joint Chiefs of Staff who could cancel a Presidential order to fire a first strike missile launch. Not much then and now even less if they are being downgraded.

According to a top official from the Cold War era it is only The Joint Chiefs of Staff who could cancel a Presidential order to fire a first strike missile launch. Not much then and now even less if they are being downgraded.

don't believe everything Dbphoenix says. He has an agenda. When it suits his agenda he quotes questionable news sources and doesn't provide a link.

Peter

Know what? I'm going to get on with the life that I have left and let the world get on with what it has to do.

Perhaps, Trump will turn out to be more popular that we expected. In any case, there is little that most of us can do about it, except worry---and for what?

God Bless everyone--in the US and all over.

don't believe everything Dbphoenix says. He has an agenda. When it suits his agenda he quotes questionable news sources and doesn't provide a link.

Peter

Scat and DB love to throw spaghetti.:LOL: What does everybody think about May's meeting with Trump. I hear she is getting backlash for not speaking out against Trump. :whistling

obama tried to make history for 8 years....trump did it in 2 weeks. And yes we're kicking mo farah out even if the queen knighted him....all hail king trump

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Hearing some of the personal stories on TV and it is really really sad. Even US government and administrators are confused.

Detaining people, turning them back with no warning, whether they were about to board, in mid-flight or waiting in the queue. One gentleman with a green card aged 78 detained like a criminal. Whether they have family in mainland, have been resident for 20 years plus not matter, people ordered and simply just detained or to be returned back to country of origin.

Then there are business personnel who can't return back. Google have 128 employees who are not allowed back in. Absolutely stunned at the administrative shambles.

Not how one imagines government policy should be designed, communicated or implemented. Apparently it's a major security concern. REALLY????

Is this how he perceives US greatness. Martial law more like. US is under attack. Siege mentality. Is US stronger?

Just heard on the BBC he has said the world is in a mess and this is making America stronger. What a joker. A clown.

It may have started with these 7 countries but this mad man will sooner or later do something that will impact you. Somebody else today and you may well agree but it could be you another day with some other **** poor decision and judgement. What goes around comes around. :eek:

Apparently, he doesn't want Prince Charles to raise green issues otherwise he will errupt? I'm an eco-friendly kind of chappie and I would like nothing but green issues to be raised with the numpty. To stipulate what one can say or not is just sooo freaking wrong. Moreover, to say it publicly about our Royal Family who do so much public good without being able to speak out. Queen has concerns that numpty will tweet out some rubbish against protocol.

I can see eggs and tomatoes greeting this amazing wonderful man who talks of doing many great fantastic things.

Good luck to all you Americans. You going to need it for the next 4 years to see this over grown ape pick up some management and leadership skills. :eek:

Good luck to all you Americans. You going to need it for the next 4 years to see this over grown ape pick up some management and leadership skills. :eek:

Not all that different from right-wing zealots in England and Europe. If you're not very careful, you could be looking at your future.