Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Well, I wasn't joking actually. I, like many others, want to see how he handles himself and perhaps more importantly, if he manages to bypass all the useless politicians and get things done.

If you weren't joking, then you must be wandering in an alternate reality.

Ironic, isn't it, that the two countries that come down harder than most on immigration were founded on mass immigration, have excelled economically because of it and wouldn't exist in their present form without it.

Take a bow Australia and USA :)

Australia worked out that controlled immigration works better in todays global environment.

Mass immigration was needed in certain periods of time.

There is still talk of a big Australia, would be hard to see a government voted in on this policy.

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-a...nging-face-of-modern-australia-1950s-to-1970s

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/01/bernard-salt-still-unabashed-supporter-bigger-australia/

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep that sounds like CV alright ;)

Yeah, I think the problem here is that all this was foreseen by a few and that you and others don't like the idea that change is coming. I have no idea why so many people have been wrong footed on all this. To people like me, it was obvious there would be a backlash to the ever creeping, controlling, invasive govt's of the past.

Given that Two of the most influential and powerful countries are moving and shaping future direction of travel, it would be extremely naive of you to think that we are done on this path. Other countries will join in the movement guaranteed. Will you be surprised at every event that goes against you're incorrect world view? :LOL:

I'm almost hopeful that you stay with you're current views.
The lulz is first class, a gift that keeps on giving :LOL:

If you weren't joking, then you must be wandering in an alternate reality.

I found this, pretty funny :LOL: states where Trump is president.

Attachments

• map of states where trump is president.jpg
    map of states where trump is president.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
So ......................... the President Elect supported waterboarding/torture etc. Theresa doesn't support it under any circumstances. Hmmm ...... difficult :confused:

Latest: the President still resolutely believes in waterboarding/torture but has handed responsibility for it over to his defence chief who entirely agrees with Theresa.

Now ........... Everybody happy. :) Rather a neat solution I thought. Will we see more of this?

Hey guys, this is a great observation from Jack Ma and equally applies to UK and the British position of spending fortune on weapons.

Chinese billionaire Jack Ma says the US wasted trillions on warfare instead of investing in infrastructure

"It's not that other countries steal jobs from you guys," Ma said. "It's your strategy. Distribute the money and things in a proper way."

He said the U.S. has wasted over $14 trillion in fighting wars over the past 30 years rather than investing in infrastructure at home.

As I say samething applies to UK with Brexit.

What is shameful is now UK and US are suggesting NATO enforce 2% of GDP to be spent on military and production of weapons.

Many advanced countries in EU only spend 1%. This has been the case for decades. Moreover, US has spent 3-5%. Big difference.

Instead of US and UK recognising their failures, they are trying to enforce other nations to follow them.

If you do not identify the problem then your solution response will also be the wrong strategy going forward.

Good point coming from Trump and credit to him, he is questioning defence spending costs and in due course one hopes defence budget and expenditure.

I think this attached chart speaks volumes on how the distribution of income is skewed so much between the EU, UK and the US.

So to lean on the hard working low paid and long suffering Mexican or Chinese worker is just soooooo off target, I trust you take heed and look at what Jack Ma says as a friend, with due concern and attention it deserves.

All the best. (y)

Attachments

• income share.png
    income share.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Given that Two of the most influential and powerful countries are moving and shaping future direction of travel, it would be extremely naive of you to think that we are done on this path. Other countries will join in the movement guaranteed. Will you be surprised at every event that goes against you're incorrect world view? :LOL:

I'm almost hopeful that you stay with you're current views.
The lulz is first class, a gift that keeps on giving :LOL:

You are so wrong hombre!

I hope you see the light soon ;)

Loads of money always has and no doubt in the future will be, "wasted" on defence/preparation/military or call it what you want. You can argue the toss on that and depending on your political standpoint will come up with a view that somebody else can comprehensively and legitimately trash. So probably not a lot of future there!

Where I think Donald is correct is that NATO needs "a good seeing-to". Since the end of the Cold War it's basically been an organisation looking for a purpose and its leaders haven't really had any clear idea of what they want to do with it. Before anybody talks about how much money to spend they need to define NATO's purpose and how to achieve it: do we concentrate on hardware? Cyber warfare? What are the priorities and what can we achieve in the long term?

It's a big question and no doubt will get fudged as usual.

Loads of money always has and no doubt in the future will be, "wasted" on defence/preparation/military or call it what you want. You can argue the toss on that and depending on your political standpoint will come up with a view that somebody else can comprehensively and legitimately trash. So probably not a lot of future there!

Where I think Donald is correct is that NATO needs "a good seeing-to". Since the end of the Cold War it's basically been an organisation looking for a purpose and its leaders haven't really had any clear idea of what they want to do with it. Before anybody talks about how much money to spend they need to define NATO's purpose and how to achieve it: do we concentrate on hardware? Cyber warfare? What are the priorities and what can we achieve in the long term?

It's a big question and no doubt will get fudged as usual.

That may be largely due to your not having been threatened until recently. Only now do you see the need for addressing these issues, not unlike the homeowner who gets an alarm system after he's been burglarized.

Trump Supporters Refuse to Believe Their Own Eyes

They still think Trump’s inauguration crowds were bigger, despite the evidence. Here’s why.

. . . There’s actually good reason to think that at least some Trump supporters really do believe there are more people in Trump’s inauguration photo. In the landmark 1956 sociological study,
When Prophecy Fails, Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter join an apocalyptic UFO cult. When the prophesied time comes and goes, the cult members do not lose faith. Instead, they came up with an alternative explanation—God saved the world thanks to their work—and continued to preach their message with even greater vigor. The same thing happened in 2011 with doomsday prophet Harold Camping, whose followers eagerly awaited the end of the world on May 21, despite Camping’s repeated failures in the past.

Trump and his vision actually have a lot in common with UFO-enthusiast cults. They’re both charlatans, selling snake oil. His appeal lies in the salvific vision he has sold to his supporters, a compelling narrative of paradise past, the fallen present, and a glorious future. For his followers, it is essential to reinterpret apparent facts so they fit this narrative—otherwise they lose the hope it provides and the dignity they’ve invested in its truth. . . . (more)

Trump’s executive order [re refugees] is nothing short of a death sentence for Syrian families fleeing the atrocities of war back home. The order also bars entry to immigrants from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. Conveniently, it excludes Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Turkey – all places where Trump does business.

--Daily Beast

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

That may be largely due to your not having been threatened until recently. Only now do you see the need for addressing these issues, not unlike the homeowner who gets an alarm system after he's been burglarized.

Some of us have been banging on about the inadequacy of NATO and some members' unwillingness to pay their dues, for many years!

Can he completely govern the USA by executive orders ?
What don't they cover ?

Trump’s executive order [re refugees] is nothing short of a death sentence for Syrian families fleeing the atrocities of war back home. The order also bars entry to immigrants from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. Conveniently, it excludes Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Turkey – all places where Trump does business.

--Daily Beast

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Especially so, considering 9/11 attackers were Sauidies :idea:

Even more so when ALL flights were grounded during the day of the attacks, the only plane that was given Presidential permission to fly was one that happened to be flying out Sauidies. The very bodies one may have considered questioning?

I dunno, like why point the finger at Sauidies when you can point the finger at Sadam who had nothing to do with WMDs or the 9/11 attacks.

Moreover, the torture of Iraqi prisoners referred to as abuse and not torture didn't yield any freaking WMD or 9/11 information but Trump can endorse that sh1t too.

I don't see much happening yet as Mr Trump is doing wonderful great things peddling his tripe;

1. building a wall and asking Mexico to pay for it
2, banning muslims from some countries
3. banning abortion
4. endorsing torture

Anyone who scratches the surface will find that your food industry probably kills more Americans than terrorists but let's not go there.

Some of us have been banging on about the inadequacy of NATO and some members' unwillingness to pay their dues, for many years!

I hope you understand that by "you" I mean European nations. Certainly there have been both private and public citizens who have warned of the consequences of letting these things slide, but it's not unlike the situation in Germany after WWI: anyone who could not see what we were doing to create the situation that gave birth to the Nazi party had to have been extraordinarily dull (ditto the situation we've created in the ME).

Especially so, considering 9/11 attackers were Saudis

True. The hypocrisy of all this is staggering, but at least it serves to provide yet another excellent example of deflecting responsibility for one's own poor decisions.