Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Not all that different from right-wing zealots in England and Europe. If you're not very careful, you could be looking at your future.

Yes indeed, quite right as Nigel Farage has supported DT's faux paus as working amazingly well and gives it thumbs up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...eal-poll-british-people-warming-a7550711.html

Then on the other side there is a campaign out to stop Trump visiting the UK.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928/signatures/new

I think it's a two edged sword supporting Trump. Theresa May holding hands with Trump now doesn't looks so hot. :rolleyes:

The irony of all this claptrap from dbphoenix is that he could be facing an investigation from the SEC if Hillary Clinton were president. To me this is like watching a video or reading a blog of people from prison complaining about Trump the evil guy, I can't read more than a sentence without thinking "hypocrite", although it's more amusing than that because of his obliviousness to the irony and absurdity of the situation which is his claptrap stream.

Don't let the Chinese leadership fool us into thinking they are the GOOD GUYS now.
Expanding into the South China Sea, subjecting Tibet by force and protecting Kim in N. Korea says otherwise.

Last edited:
so I think this time around I'll nail it....I think trump will do everything that he said he would do during the campaign, lastly he will not be impeached but turn out to be a one term president.

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Hearing some of the personal stories on TV and it is really really sad. Even US government and administrators are confused.

Detaining people, turning them back with no warning, whether they were about to board, in mid-flight or waiting in the queue. One gentleman with a green card aged 78 detained like a criminal. Whether they have family in mainland, have been resident for 20 years plus not matter, people ordered and simply just detained or to be returned back to country of origin.

Then there are business personnel who can't return back. Google have 128 employees who are not allowed back in. Absolutely stunned at the administrative shambles.

Not how one imagines government policy should be designed, communicated or implemented. Apparently it's a major security concern. REALLY????

Is this how he perceives US greatness. Martial law more like. US is under attack. Siege mentality. Is US stronger?

Just heard on the BBC he has said the world is in a mess and this is making America stronger. What a joker. A clown.

It may have started with these 7 countries but this mad man will sooner or later do something that will impact you. Somebody else today and you may well agree but it could be you another day with some other **** poor decision and judgement. What goes around comes around. :eek:

Apparently, he doesn't want Prince Charles to raise green issues otherwise he will errupt? I'm an eco-friendly kind of chappie and I would like nothing but green issues to be raised with the numpty. To stipulate what one can say or not is just sooo freaking wrong. Moreover, to say it publicly about our Royal Family who do so much public good without being able to speak out. Queen has concerns that numpty will tweet out some rubbish against protocol.

I can see eggs and tomatoes greeting this amazing wonderful man who talks of doing many great fantastic things.

Good luck to all you Americans. You going to need it for the next 4 years to see this over grown ape pick up some management and leadership skills. :eek:

Wasn't Brexit about similar issues?

Peter

Last edited:
so I think this time around I'll nail it....I think trump will do everything that he said he would do during the campaign, lastly he will not be impeached but turn out to be a one term president.

The chief difficulty there is that he said so many things, many of which conflicted with each other.

There won't be any lack of drama. And the markets don't like drama.

The USA looks to have been in self destruct mode for some time now. Obviously going along in the same old way wasn't a viable strategy but will Trump turn it around.

Depends on what you mean by "it". He hasn't exactly been drawing the people closer together.

Quit your whining and stop using false and incorrect links to advance your agenda. May you should actually read the articles that you link to. That article has absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump. It's all about the Obama administration. Even the date it was published is shown as April 2014. YOU are worse than the crooked media.

You don't even deny any of the posts against you. The members on this thread should wake up instead of responding to your worthless posts.

Peter

Depends on what you mean by "it". He hasn't exactly been drawing the people closer together.

My American friends say neither did Obama or George W Bush. The only people embracing unity and harmony of all peoples and creeds are doing it in an abstract and detached way like you dbphoenix. It's the equivalent of the preacher who doesn't believe in the religion but believes in a belief in religion. When it comes down to it, people are nasty, brutish and short-sighted, more like the typical trading vendor than any ideal, which is why the first inclincation is to type out idealistic claptrap rather than actually try to engage in it in the real world.

yu

The chief difficulty there is that he said so many things, many of which conflicted with each other.

There won't be any lack of drama. And the markets don't like drama.

he tried to sign the executive order on no new regulations....typical trump move to cushion the market reaction from immigration ban. You in the midwest? It's getting pretty crazy here too, massive protest this early at the state capital.

From The Department of Unintended Consequences:

After a weekend of protests around the country, President Donald Trump’s . . . immigration ban continues to meet intense pushback. The American Civil Liberties Union, which successfully fought for a court-ordered stay on part of the executive order on Friday night, netted $24 million in donations over the past few days, more than six times its yearly average. And during Sunday night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, artists ranging from Julia Louis-Dreyfus to Mahershala Ali to the cast of Stranger Things powerfully railed against the president’s recent actions before a national audience.

The resistance also welcomed another familiar face: Kal Penn. The actor, who briefly served in the Obama administration and currently stars in
Designated Survivor, turned nasty harassment from an online troll—specifically, “you don’t belong in this country you f*cking joke”—into an effective crowdfunding campaign on behalf of the International Rescue Committee. “We are better than the hateful people who tell us we don't belong in our own country, that America can't be a beacon of freedom and hope for refugees from around the world,” Penn’s Crowdrise post reads. “We will turn their bigotry, along with the President’s, into love.” As of 9:00 a.m. on Monday, Penn has raised over $518,000 and is showing no signs of slowing down.

--David Canfield, Slate

I bet Kim Jong Un is livid that his title of been officially world's craziest leader has been totally swamped.....:LOL:

Trump's talking tough before negotiations with the Chinese.
Kim could be the fall guy in some deal but even he has a dangerous collection of nukes at hand.