Trading the E-mini

Since the 18th August, the market has been in an expanding range.

I wouldn't say at this point that the upside - ala poke up thru 1710 is assured by any means.

Yes - I could see it has been building for 10+days now hasn't it. What made me think we might be in for a poke up (after another test down first btw) was that another 70k contracts have been absorbed in this range without price moving further down after it unloaded 150k+ to get to this area.

Trading the ES now

The ES currently looks like some kind of pennant to me. Do you think it is going up or down. I think up according to my sympathy indicator.

Cheers

The ES currently looks like some kind of pennant to me. Do you think it is going up or down. I think up according to my sympathy indicator.

Cheers

you dont always have to have an opinion numbertea, it's good to be agnostic.

I flipped that one after losing 1.5... No worries. Thanks for the tip, good rule to have. I missed the stronger pennant angle going down.

Cheers

and another one - filled at 37.75 thinking this would be off to 43 area, didn't trust and came out at 38.25

+1pt today off 2 trades....not great trading but a result is a result.

struggling to dial in today. can tell i have been off the horse for a while.

Sitting on my hands is so difficult. It is such an emotional time waiting for a good signal that is not coming.

Am I stating too much useless stuff? It helps me to relieve the stress.

Cheers

just goes to show you can make money against the trend if you are careful. ES has barely pulled back the whole way up, there would have been some pain in chicago this afternoon fo sho.

You would have to be a complete tool to try and trade against this..:eek:

You would have to be a complete tool to try and trade against this..:eek:

I almost was that tool...but I took no trades yesterday... I kept looking for a fade, but fortunately I didn't step up. The price action looked like it kept wanting to go higher, but I have have a hard time buying the top, because my luck I always get hooked at the worst price.

I almost caught a sell off late in the afternoon, I was watching the buying getting absorbed, and thought I should take a shot here, but I hesitated, because no one was hitting the bid, then all the sudden 12 ticks down...damn.

Oh well...we'll trade it up today and see what happens.

I almost was that tool...but I took no trades yesterday... I kept looking for a fade, but fortunately I didn't step up. The price action looked like it kept wanting to go higher, but I have have a hard time buying the top, because my luck I always get hooked at the worst price.

I almost caught a sell off late in the afternoon, I was watching the buying getting absorbed, and thought I should take a shot here, but I hesitated, because no one was hitting the bid, then all the sudden 12 ticks down...damn.

Oh well...we'll trade it up today and see what happens.

I have very similar sentiments. My confidence to follow the trend was non existent all day yesterday for reasons I do not know since my system was telling me over and over to be long. I fumbled after missing the first entry point and just couldn't see my way to enter after that. My system got all of the move. I got nothing.

New day!

Cheers