Trading the E-mini

today was a tough day to trade, i got smashed up on the dow, first losing day for a while. I hate losing on Monday's as it sets a bad tone for the week. uggh

today was a tough day to trade, i got smashed up on the dow, first losing day for a while. I hate losing on Monday's as it sets a bad tone for the week. uggh

Yeah, I got whipped, dipped, tripped, flipped, and ripped.
And that was just my wife ragging on me, pre market.
Once I started trading it was all downhill from there (n)

:mad::mad::mad:

Peter

Yeah, I got whipped, dipped, tripped, flipped, and ripped.
And that was just my wife ragging on me, pre market.
Once I started trading it was all downhill from there (n)

:mad::mad::mad:

Peter

Well - at least I feel better now.

First trade was great - runner straight off the open, I just jumped on board, no messing about with trying to get a good location, just pure momentum, itdidn't go against me a tick. My partner Ian called me whilst I was in it and I remember saying, "should be a good day today, looks like it's going to go up all day".

And of course, that is pretty much how I played it from there :rolleyes:

I did try playing the range from 10:30 onwards but I just could not get into the swing of it.

It's interesting you got in straight off the open DT. I saw it climb and then build a base around the top of S/R - normally a good sign to get long. I went short........that is where the 1.25pts went. The second trade was I thought it was topping but it was base building so got out 1 tick light.

Nice trade though Pedro :)

+0.25. Short around the previous high, looked like it would roll-over, then it became apparent it was base building and then I got out for a tick onside.

Long at 42.

Added in at 44.

Came out at 45.25.

4.5pts today. Not a bad recovery from a sluggish start to the week.

that moment when a stagnant market you've been long of for a week moves 3% and you login to find out your idiot SB firm has closed the position 'because of rollover'

-1.5, 0, +4.5, net +3 today.

First time I have posted on here for a little while.

-1.75, -2, net -3.75

Two entries, two add-ins, two come back and take me out. Chop-chop today. Packing in for the day.

Incidentally, this is the result of adding in on a choppy day and it coming back against me. The 2 original entries were both good calls, short at 69.75 and once again at 70 early on in the session

Last edited:
Dog dirt volume on the ES this week so far. Yesterday <1m contracts traded, today is thin. If you look back at last July you see the volume constantly around 2m. Bernanke's tinkering is weighing heavily on the market people are simply choosing to stand aside until he speaks tomorrow.:confused:

Dog dirt volume on the ES this week so far. Yesterday <1m contracts traded, today is thin. If you look back at last July you see the volume constantly around 2m. Bernanke's tinkering is weighing heavily on the market people are simply choosing to stand aside until he speaks tomorrow.:confused:

As did I today...

Long at 67.25 - out at 70.50 when it looked sticky. Could have taken a bit more really as it hit 72.50 but you know, 3.25 isn't a bad day. Had to wait for it today though...

Time & Price - also 67 is an LVN - nobody wanted to trade below there, it gave plenty of clues between 18:15 and 18:30 BST.

Took an entry off the open at 77 short. Was uncertain so bailed at 78.25. Reason for entry was that I felt the high was acting as resistance and the open lacked legs to push through it.

Re-entered at 77 again, came out at 74.25 after it looked like 73.50 area was being defended. Was looking for the NVPOC at 71 area. Seems there was an intention to keep price higher for a bit longer.

-1.25, +2.75, net 1.50

Took an entry off the open at 77 short. Was uncertain so bailed at 78.25. Reason for entry was that I felt the high was acting as resistance and the open lacked legs to push through it.

Re-entered at 77 again, came out at 74.25 after it looked like 73.50 area was being defended. Was looking for the NVPOC at 71 area. Seems there was an intention to keep price higher for a bit longer.

-1.25, +2.75, net 1.50

Hi Mate

good effort. A long time ago I remember you posting a list of all the abbreviations you referred to when using the MP. Any chance you could post it again?

Cheers

CM

Hi Mate

good effort. A long time ago I remember you posting a list of all the abbreviations you referred to when using the MP. Any chance you could post it again?

Cheers

CM

So the ones I use most commonly are:

RTH - Regular Trading Hours (this is the the timing for the US equities session for me (14:30 to 21:00 BST)
VPOC - Volume point of control (the price at which the most volume traded in the previous RTH session)
NVPOC - Naked Volume Point of Control (this is a VPOC where price has not been near since it established the VPOC = liquidity)
LVN - Low Volume Node (where few/no contracts traded)
HVN - High Volume Node (where lots of contracts traded)