Trading the E-mini

I got out at 1635 for a massive 1 point profit after being 50 points in the hole thanks to the vague mention of tapering yesterday.

That's real trading for you. 50:1 risk reward ratio.

:LOL::LOL::cool:(y)

Have you reversed, after all it is guaranteed to test the high again before it really rolls over.........

:LOL::LOL::cool:(y)

Have you reversed, after all it is guaranteed to test the high again before it really rolls over.........

Much as I enjoy providing entertainment with my stopless half cut trades outside of forex, I think I shall take a break until June...

Much as I enjoy providing entertainment with my stopless half cut trades outside of forex, I think I shall take a break until June...

I can understand why. Your trade ironically resembles some of the "sh1t or bust" trades I occasionally take on EURUSD - they are always messy.

24th May

Nice couple of days we've had!

Getting volatile with major downside levels of 1634 & the 1616-1619 area.

In terms of the week so far:

Value is above us at 1649->1685.75 and we have 1659.50 above being a major pivot area. We do seem to be building some volume at the lower half of the weeks range and so value may well come down to price or vice-versa.

Weekly Numbers
Range - 1632.75 -> 1685.75
Value - 1649 -> 1685.50
Single - 1659.50

Daily Numbers
Range - 1632.75(globex), 1634.25 (pit) -> 1654 (pit)/1659 (globex)
Value - 1643 -> 1652.50
Overnight Range - 1638.75 ->1655.25

Volatility is up but we do look set to open within yesterdays value but below the value for the week. First thing for me is to see if something sets up there. Otherwise I'm looking for a test of the 1633 area or the overnight low.

I go away for the first week in ages where there has been some decent volatility/movement. Typical.

Not a bad start to the week - 3pts. Write up later.

So once again this is the ES/FESX hitting resistance levels at the same time kind of thing. At 14:48 ES hit 1627 - a support level off the hourly. At the same time, FESX had demonstrated it had no desire to trade lower than 2753, another support level off the hourly. Guess what, ES turns aggressively for a MFE of 4pts off an entry at 28.25 with me coming out at 31.25.

Last edited:
5pts down on FESX this morning, short at 2741, stopped out at 46. Seems I was about 2 hrs early on that move.......

Had a corker on FESX today it came off 2748 ->2714 and then almost 5k hit the bid @ 2716 and then almost 7k hit the bid @ 2715 with only 3.7k hitting the offer @ 16s. It went down to 2714 and 18 contracts traded. I got a long @ 2716... wish I could get one of those every day.

Slow market but very civilized.

Had a corker on FESX today it came off 2748 ->2714 and then almost 5k hit the bid @ 2716 and then almost 7k hit the bid @ 2715 with only 3.7k hitting the offer @ 16s. It went down to 2714 and 18 contracts traded. I got a long @ 2716... wish I could get one of those every day.

Slow market but very civilized.

So you took the trade down that I tried to do but mistimed it by 2 whole hours :LOL:

Nice one Pedro - great work.

BTW, Sierra was telling me to rollover today - checking on CME it looks like rollover is next Thursday 13th - anybody else ever seen this problem before?

people often roll a week early

i guess it's just a heads up so they don't have to deal with an idiot still long CL on thursday night next week

-1, -2, +4, net +1 although looking at the long I took at 27.25, I maybe should have held on for the high again but I thought it got sticky around 31.75 so bailed.

So today's good trade is a relatively interesting phenomena.

a. NFP takes price outside of the previous days RTH range
b. Unless it is a stellar number, it usually does a bit of selling off
c. Often it bounces at NVPOC or the 'scene of the NFP crime', also known as the price it last traded at when NFP printed.

Today it returned to the scene of the crime and price was rejected around 26. Hence long at 27.25.

The other two fails were (1) NVPOC and (2) random entry because it looked a bit sticky and I should have known better really.

So this week on ES has been +3, +3.5, +1, +2, +1 - that is a very good week for me. FESX is -1, -5: not so good lol.

Have a good weekend folks

Last edited:
Long at 8.25 today - moved onside to 9.75, pulled stop to BE, came back, took me out, then took off. Just rolls that way some days.

....worse than a roller coaster ride.
I'm getting sea sick.

My definitions:
Risk off = sitting on the sidelines
Risk on = dipping toe in and getting rolled

It's a good thing I'm not emotional about this stuff :whistling

Happy Trading!

Peter