Trading the E-mini

I went with short before your post on the sight of the 8:45 close. I was so convinced that I -2. Maybe I will take not trade premarket for a while and compare to my other days.
Thanks for pointing that out. I am bound to make a lot of mistakes.

Cheers

I went with short before your post on the sight of the 8:45 close. I was so convinced that I -2. Maybe I will take not trade premarket for a while and compare to my other days.

Cheers

Just an FYI pay attention to the news....Alot of those bars are reaction to the JOBS report released at 8:30.... This is big report, and the treasuries go nuts when it is released, usually the first Friday of every month.

If you are day trading...I highly recommend you go to forexfactory.com and check out when news gets released. Sometimes reports get released at 10:00 am etc, and if you are in a position when the news comes out, you could get taken out quickly if you are not paying attention.

About Pre-market - I am not saying that there are not trades to make, but you will notice that the market can move on light volume and it doesn't take many contracts to move it 4 ticks.

Cheers

I hope you held your trade :)

Just an FYI pay attention to the news....Alot of those bars are reaction to the JOBS report released at 8:30.... This is big report, and the treasuries go nuts when it is released, usually the first Friday of every month.

If you are day trading...I highly recommend you go to forexfactory.com and check out when news gets released. Sometimes reports get released at 10:00 am etc, and if you are in a position when the news comes out, you could get taken out quickly if you are not paying attention.

About Pre-market - I am not saying that there are not trades to make, but you will notice that the market can move on light volume and it doesn't take many contracts to move it 4 ticks.

Thanks!

Cruzen down but just got out at 45.00

Cheers

I didn't reverse but my signal lightened for any movement now. Waiting for another signal. Mmmmmmm;-)

Cheers

Gap up after long green, reverse? Too much indicision, I can't pull the trigger.

Cheers

Alright, got it back and out at top, then made mistake of thinking resistance could be passed, -1.75... Learning. Now no trade.

Cheers

Is the break through resistance point 61,62,62.50? In case it breaks through with steam where is it safe to get in?

Cheers

It's going for triple top on ES 5 min, with higher lows. Will it break through?

Cheers

So are you saying price so often retraces to the place where the move started in order to make those that were long (referring to your GBPUSD chart) from the start of that move emotional and easier to read? Just trying to clarify what exactly you're saying without cinemas and fires.

another great example of the cinema door today. Putin's comments spooked the market, I got in when they smelled smoke. When Putin clarified his comment and Obama started talking everyone realised nothing had changed and people started yelling fire. :whistling

Attachments

• cinema door2.png
    cinema door2.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 157
  • cinema door.png
    cinema door.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 172
another great example of the cinema door today. Putin's comments spooked the market, I got in when they smelled smoke. When Putin clarified his comment and Obama started talking everyone realised nothing had changed and people started yelling fire. :whistling

Awesome trade. So much strong movement today. I had no idea of news. I am still uncomfortable and new to day trading, keeping an eye on the news would distract me. My only regret was missing the obvious matching lows on bottom reversal and not getting in until 10:30. It was a discretionary entry there.

Cheers

Scalped again for .75. Waiting for a real signal again now. The breakthrough resistance was not very strong so I am out.

Cheers

Fantastic trade amigo.

Been talking with Mrs robster this evening about how I should just not bother turning on the screens when I've only had 4hrs sleep. Important lesson learnt today, primarily in being too unfocussed to catch the move down (the move back up I would not have taken).

e2a - the make-up of today was:

Long shortly after open thinking it would be an OTD but then that went offside and I got out -1.25pt
Long on Support - it took off went 2pts onside, I had moved to scratch and then it took me out for 0.
I thought about reversing and then decided against - a trade in hindsight had I been awake had the following attributes:

- Shape of volume profile yesterday indicated that it was not ready to move higher than 1650 area
- Assumed a test for value today called by news
- Absorption on NFP print
- Open out of yesterday's range - sign for responsive selling on open
- Drive was only 2pts before fade kicked in

How many more clues do you need......

Good weekend lads.

Last edited:

Great trade...Just curious why you decided to go long there, was it the breakout of the consolidation area?

Slow ES today so far. I had a clear signal to get me +2 but fumbled because of the slow movement. I need to increase my patience much more.

Cheers

Not any great signals for me so far today. I had a trade earlier but got in it late, lesson learned. Scalped 10 ticks out of boredom when market was flat to recover my loss. Learned for free so far today ;-)

Cheers