Tradestation?

thx mmillar, ive read it, interesting...anyway i spoke to TS representatives yesterday, seems pretty simple to open an account...they sent me a link where i get some forms to fill in, then i ll post that today (they dont accept the faxes anymore) and ill see pretty soon what this TS s worth...:)

thx to all for ur help and answers!

I've been with Tradestation for about 3 years.No complaints at all.
They're always updating things and trying to make things better.I've not downloaded the 7.2 version yet however i saw someone else using it and i thought it looked quite good.

I dont trade through them but their brokerage fees seem to be excellent and about on par with IB.

hey Naz

i know ur a regular here and that uve been successful trading. i just opened an account with tradestation (took 3 weeks, not too bad considering holidays period) and just waiting for the funds to be in.
i just wanted ur point of view. basically im excited about all that coz for the 1st time ill be able to create and backtest systems and strategies and execute at low spread/com...i was trading CFDs before and it s just impossible coz of the cost. now im starting with $50k capital and will trade only nasdaq stocks, intraday and very short term swings, few days and i already set some kind of money managemnt strategy (0.5%of capital max loss on any trade, 2% on day, 6% on week, 12% on month)...really want to preserve my capital.
So do u have any main advices? is it how u went successful (trading naz with a system u created)? is $50k enough?
i ve always traded europe and US before (even when i was a prop trader in a bank) and now i must say it feels a bit weird to start the day at 2:30pm! :confused:

TradeStation 2000i/7

It seems when you open an account with TS you get TS v7.2 and that's on a monthly rental rather than on a one-off purchase basis.

Why do so many non-US traders here on t2w seem to prefer 2000i - particularly as it's no longer supported and difficult to get hold of even second-hand?

Tony,

1) It is only recently that you could subscribe to TS7 if resident in the UK.

2) I dont want to have to convert all my funds to USD and place it in a TS Account and then have the hassle of converting it back and the problems of getting money back to me.

3) Once bought TS2000i does not incur additional subscription costs of around $100 per month as there is with TS 7

4) You can do backtesting offline which is not possible with TS7

5) It is still an excellent package that more than serves mine as well as many others trading needs.

6) I bought TS2000i several years ago and nothing else was available at the time. I also dont want unnecessary trading costs that I would incur if upgrading to TS7

Paul

Paul
Perhaps you could clarify the position with TS2000i and the availability of/procedures for obtaining non US data
Thanks

Paul
I was under the impression (probably wrongly) that there possibly were some problems with accessing UK and European data for TS2000i?
Please put me right on this or if you can't then surely someone else can/will
Thanks

There are a couple of tools available to connect TS2ki with esignal, IQ, Qcharts and even IB. One of those is free: Hypertrader

Hittfeld

Ron,

Hittfeld is right, Hyperserver allows TS to interface with most data feeds including UK and European markets.

Paul

so can one just use interactive price feed to run the charts instead of paying for the like of esignal?

Yes you can, You can subscribe to IQ Feed (via Hyperserver), for $30 per month + Exchange Fees and the quality is excellent.

Paul

im so behind i have been paying us129 per month!! for esignal to run the charts... so i use interactive's feed instead great help cheers, can this software save the days data so one can back test/optimized etc?

herbie,

I am not clear on what you are saying here and what you actually need to chart. Are you saying you want to use IB as a datafeed ? Also how many instruments do you want to chart and what are they ?

Tradestation is not to cheap to purchase as an initial cost.

Paul

hi ,
i am looking to get feeds in for
eurex(dax)
liffe(ftse) and (euribor)
futures
i have tradestation 2000i and would like to get as cheaap as possible as long as they are realtime. i currently use esignal to power tradestation but if i could use interactive and hyperfeeds this would be good.
can hyperfeed store the data so i can back test do you know?
all your help is greatly appreciated

sorry yes i would like to use interactive as a broker and as a data feed for my charts if possible

The probem is that you cannot get backfill data from IB but Tradestation stores the data on your hard disk. So the issue is that if you get a break in data then you cannot fill this without a separate data feed supplier. In my view IQ are one of the best for your requirements.

Paul

TS 2000i - Obtaining

I may be a little naive, but on a quick Google for TS 2000 I came up with a large number of (US-based primarily) entities selling this 'original s/w and documentation' for fairly reasonable rates - $250-300.

Is this more likely to be pirated then genuine?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bona fide supplier of this product or is it all based on classifieds and the second-hand market?

All Re Data Feed and TS2000i

IQfeed from DTN can provide all US stocks as well as CMB,NTFE,CBOT,Eurex, LIFFE Futures and Forex. They even provide a NAZ L2 service. The data feed can be accessed via Hypertraders Hyperserver or Traders-Soft Metaserver to TS2000i Globalserver. There is up to 4 years for EOD data and about 3 Months of 1 minute downloadable data.

Versions of TS2000i are available from mostly European suppliers, full versions costs around £ 1,600. However, there are still some suppliers in the UK with stock. Omega (title holders of TS) discourage re-sales of TS2000i. Take a look around eBay although used versions will not be presented for long. In the US there are suppliers of what are called "after market" versions of TS. Not convinced of the legality of these versions.

Hope this is useful.

DaveG

is iq feed with dtn reliable do you know? i have had esignal and i know i can trust this although sometimes esignal does not work a good when plugged into tradestation as it does by itself?
i just do not want to sign up for iqfeed and it not to be exact
any veiws comments would be greatly apppreciated