Mini Dow

SOCIALWORKER

Junior member
15 0
Evening All
Anyone out there trading minidow at $5 a point. I have been
trading it for about six weeks now using Tradestation platform
and their direct access, cost is $2.50 per round turn and all seems to be going well.

SocialWorker

"Imperfect action is sometimes better than perfect Inaction"
 

SOCIALWORKER

Junior member
15 0
No minimum number whatsoever and what was interesting
was the fact that you only need $1000 to open an accout to trade the YM with Tradestation, although I think this is way
too low
 

rossored

Senior member
2,103 56
tx jonny
 

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
Hmmm. I think thats a very good rate, even including the $99 subscription. You'd probably have to pay that in data feeds and solid chart app (like tradestation!).

Brokerage isn't just about low costs. Service is a BIG factor as well. Although stock traders seem to find TWS to be ok, I've seen a few reports that say TWS falls over when the market becomes fast. I don't care how cheap commissions are, I'd never trade futures on a platform I never had confidence in. It only needs to happen once and your losses will equal what you could have paid for quality execution plus...
 

rossored

Senior member
2,103 56
I actually find TWS pretty stable 99% of the time, BBB

Just had a look at tradestation's site, and anyway it says $2.50 each side unless you're doing 500+ a month?
 

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
RR - yep - thats what everyone says - 99%! Im $hit scared of when the other 1% is going to come! Not a question of if, but when!

It's only fair to point out that I've never used TWS though. I do know people personally who have horror stories, although that was a few years ago. In fairness, I bet every large brokerage is going to have some deeply unsatisfied customers somewhere along the time line - thats business.

The main thing is you're happy with them. I guess its as personal as trading style.
 

schoe

Well-known member
343 3
cucuchris said:
Could anybody tell me the spread on Mini Dow $5 and Dow J $10, please ??

Thank you :cheesy:


Not sure what you mean by Dow J $10 but the spread on Mini Dow is 1 tick with IB its $5 per tick.
 

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
full Dow J is far too illiquid, stick with mini dow if you really have to trade dow jones. During market hours the spread is usually 1 pt for market orders. YM is still quite illiquid and ecbot isn't the best exchange - the market tends to evaporate in a fast move, ES and NQ are far better for traders.
 
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock