YM Mini DOW using prorealtime charting ; data error

ww3361

I subscribe to realtime mini CBOT data through prorealtime. I've recently had a long list of problems and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same. I would appreciate it if responses were from people that subscribe to the realtime data and do not use prorealtime through IGindex.

Initially I trialled the realtime data and found the charting package and customer service to be first class.

Eventually, when taking out a 3month subscription to their new and updated package (summer 2008) I was faced with a host of issues.

Firstly, everything was slower than before.

Secondly, prior to 23rd August 2007 the intraday data for the miniDOW is simply wrong (looks like they've taken the out of hours trading data and put in where the correct data should be; judging by the weird low ranges and virtually absent volume)

Thirdly, backtests and custom indicators often crash; even though on another day the exact same coding will function.

Fourthly, the whole platform will suddenly crash and an error message will come up saying that I've been disconnected because I tried to connect from two computers (which was never the case).

Fifthly, when adjusting the number of units of data you would like the chart to display, sometimes it will not update and just freezes.

Sixthly, sometimes when trying to display spreads the chart will only display a few bars of price info (no matter what you do with the settings).

Seventhly, customer service has been very slow and responses of no use whatsoever.

Apart from all the above I love the software!?

Basically, I don't know whether it is just my computer or whether the software is fundamentally temperamental.

Also, it seems like the previous version was fine and that it is the new version with the porblems.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Hello
I know this is a year late but I use pro real time live data only for YM.
I think the whole system is great. No problems so far, onto my second sub with them. Very quick customer help and always helpfull...
My feeling is you have a computer error. Maybe clear a cache or increase memory or even better get a newcomputer and ONLY use it for trading , nothing else.
Hope you sorted this out a long time ago.