Prorealtime errors , crashes , bad data , bad customer service ?

ww3361

I subscribe to realtime mini CBOT data through prorealtime. I've recently had a long list of problems and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same. I would appreciate it if responses were from people that subscribe to the realtime data and do not use prorealtime through IGindex.

Initially I trialled the realtime data and found the charting package and customer service to be first class.

Eventually, when taking out a 3month subscription to their new and updated package (summer 2008) I was faced with a host of issues.

Firstly, everything was slower than before.

Secondly, prior to 23rd August 2007 the intraday data for the miniDOW is simply wrong (looks like they've taken the out of hours trading data and put in where the correct data should be; judging by the weird low ranges and virtually absent volume)

Thirdly, backtests and custom indicators often crash; even though on another day the exact same coding will function.

Fourthly, the whole platform will suddenly crash and an error message will come up saying that I've been disconnected because I tried to connect from two computers (which was never the case).

Fifthly, when adjusting the number of units of data you would like the chart to display, sometimes it will not update and just freezes.

Sixthly, sometimes when trying to display spreads the chart will only display a few bars of price info (no matter what you do with the settings).

Seventhly, customer service has been very slow and responses of no use whatsoever.

Apart from all the above I love the software!?

Basically, I don't know whether it is just my computer or whether the software is fundamentally temperamental.

Also, it seems like the previous version was fine and that it is the new version with the porblems.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

These three tasks may help you:

You may encounter problems if you are not running the latest version of Java
java.com: Java + You

You may encounter problems if your computer has stored old java files and old security certificates.
Go to "Control Panel" and select "Java Control Panel".
Select "General" then "Temporary Internet Files" then "Settings" then "Delete Files" then "OK" then "OK".

Select "Security" then "Certificates", delete all certificates pertaining to ProRealTime.

Close PRT and Re-Open.

In a nutshell, Java apps can be a PITA if you don't have the latest versions of everything!!!

Last edited:
I have been a satisfied ProRealtime customer for several years, but the latest version is giving my a lot of problems. I use the realtime forex feed and I have noticed it is much less stable. In particular I use 2 screens and if I move charts from one screen to the other it will lock up. I have tried everything recomended here and by Prorealtime without success. Is anyone else having problems?

These three tasks may help you:

You may encounter problems if you are not running the latest version of Java
java.com: Java + You

You may encounter problems if your computer has stored old java files and old security certificates.
Go to "Control Panel" and select "Java Control Panel".
Select "General" then "Temporary Internet Files" then "Settings" then "Delete Files" then "OK" then "OK".

Select "Security" then "Certificates", delete all certificates pertaining to ProRealTime.

Close PRT and Re-Open.

In a nutshell, Java apps can be a PITA if you don't have the latest versions of everything!!!

Hi ww361,

I have experienced similar to you. When you are trialling the product things are fine.

I too signed up for a subscription to the forex for 3 months and found the customer service pitiful to say the least. You send responses to the programming department and half the time you will get a response after a week or so which is fine (althought ProRealTime will tell you have to wait about three weeks) and the other half the request will just be ignored and you will never hear anything.
Customer Service at ProRealTime apparently have no visibility of the requests that have gone through to the programming department.

I sent a request off on the 23rd March with a question, absolutely no response so I sent another email off on 27th March and received no response. On the 28th March I sent off another email asking if anyone actually bothers checking the customer service email account.

I got an email back saying they were about to answer my email (what a load of rubbish) and the response they gave was totally wrong and is not how the ProScreener worked. They told me when they have a high volume of support calls you have to wait. That is NOT customer service, it is just a joke. Smaller companies like automated email responses so you know that at least your email got through, ProRealTime has nothing.

ProRealTime would be better off having a look at how Amibroker handles support. It is exellent.

Having said that the platform is really good. If you have a problem you are stuffed because you are on your own. My suggestion would be to open an IG Markets account. Their platform is not as up to date at ProRealTime but has most functionality.

My subscription is up in the middle of next month month and with the way their customer service is I won't be renewing again.

Regards
Steve