Data Feed

sb2601

I'm a newcomer to trading and would be grateful for some advice. I've just opened a spreadbetting account but I find my SB firm (finspreads) doesn't seem to offer candlestick charts, so I am considering purchasing charting software and data feed.

I'm primarily interested initially in intraday trading on the FTSE or Dow. Can anyone recommend suitable charting software and data feed package for a UK resident ?. I have taken a look at some of the packages mentioned in these forums (Sierrachart and ProRealtime), at the moment I am leaning towards ProRealtime as it's UK based, but I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you,

Simon.

As I've said before on this site, PRT is excellent. Price is reasonable and their cutomer support is good, I'd advise signing up for their free end of day service to try out the package and see if you like it before spending any money.

danfreek said:
As I've said before on this site, PRT is excellent. Price is reasonable and their cutomer support is good, I'd advise signing up for their free end of day service to try out the package and see if you like it before spending any money.

Any chance of a web address for these?

Thanks

It is very unlikely.

Tier1, direct sourcing is such an expensive business that it is usually not viable for most companies.
Some companies have direct links to one or two exchanges and revend data for the others.
Almost all private investor feeds just revend data from one of the main tier 1 wholesalers.

As they are European, I would expect they get data from either Fides, Comstock or Tenfore.