Help choosing a software package?

RMB299

Hi

I am looking for a bit of guidance on which software package to use for day trading.

I am a relative newcomer to the markets but I have recently been enjoying some success with a simple system and as I am soon to be made redundant I am planning on taking my trading up a gear.

My strategy is based almost entirely on charting/technical analysis using live prices, the primary instruments I use are the FTSE, DOW and FOREX with a small amount on regular stocks and shares.

I currently use ADVFN for my live prices and charting but I realise that this is somewhat limited for full time day trading.

My preference would be for an all in one package that includes the data feed. I was looking at Sharescope Pro, I have used their demo version and found it to be quite good (I guess anything would be compared to ADVFN) but having read the posts on T2W some of the feedback suggests there are better charting packages for primarily TA and that with Sharescope a lot of what you are paying for is the fundamental data which I don't really need.

To summarise, my main requirements are:

1. Live prices
2. Good charting/technical analysis capability (not too concerned about fundamentals)
3. Combined package without the need for a separate data feed (this is not essential but it is preferable)

Any advice from experienced members would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Rich