Trading Forex through Tradestation with GAIN

FTSE in mouth

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any experience with trading Forex through GAIN via Tradestation. I have heard bad things about the futures broking side of Tradestation. If anyone has used GAIN/Forex.com before or GAIN through Tradestation please let me know what your experience has been.

If you have a $5000 account with Tradestation you pay $100 (normally $199) less per month for the feed even if you don't use it and if you trade 10 round turn lots or 100 round turn mini-lots you save the $199 per month so I was wondering if it was worth using them at a broker as I can 'save' between $1200 and $2400 per year.

Any comments would be appreciated.

TIA.....

FIM

FTSE in mouth said:
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any experience with trading Forex through GAIN via Tradestation. I have heard bad things about the futures broking side of Tradestation. If anyone has used GAIN/Forex.com before or GAIN through Tradestation please let me know what your experience has been.

If you have a $5000 account with Tradestation you pay $100 (normally $199) less per month for the feed even if you don't use it and if you trade 10 round turn lots or 100 round turn mini-lots you save the $199 per month so I was wondering if it was worth using them at a broker as I can 'save' between $1200 and $2400 per year.

TIA.....

I have been trading with TS via Gain since last Oct. Before that time i used TS charts and had an account with RJOFX who use the "deal book" platform, which i liked very much.
At the present time trades go thru the Gain Platform which is java based - works ok.
Whenever TS gets the api hooked up we will be able to trade via the matrix.

Prior to trading forex i traded futures with TS and never had any problems. If you or anyone wishes any other details send me a private message.

hi, just wondering if any plan ts is going to allow automated execution of forex trades in the near future? thanks.

gus said:
FTSE in mouth said:
Hi everyone

TIA.....

I have been trading with TS via Gain since last Oct. Before that time i used TS charts and had an account with RJOFX who use the "deal book" platform, which i liked very much.
At the present time trades go thru the Gain Platform which is java based - works ok.
Whenever TS gets the api hooked up we will be able to trade via the matrix.

Prior to trading forex i traded futures with TS and never had any problems. If you or anyone wishes any other details send me a private message.

Any updated reviews/comments? How has the new sub-pip pricing been so far?

It seems they're somewhat of a quasi-ECN (like MBT/EFX), allowing sub-pip pricing but still routing orders through GAIN (and not directly to the banks like IB). How does this affect trading? Are inside orders actionable (can you get filled if you outbid the market by 0.1 pip?). I've been successful with this on IB/IdealPro, especially if the spread widens.

Any comments on the rollover rates?