Tradestation?

gfrachet

12 0
mmillar

thx...helpful

how long have u been using it? i suppose u just use it as a whole package right? u happy with it?

but it looks like paul is right on the day pattern account...if i wanna trade with the 4/1 margin, 2/1 overnight, i need to have at least $25k on balance on the account and trade at least 4 in/out in 5 days or something...

Bobtarrel

13 0
I've had an account with TS for a month now and am very happy with it. The data feeds are always there (something that I haven't experienced with Updata) and their help desk is quite good. I spent an hour with them on the phone once. At 3p a minute, my cost was £1.80, so I got good value.

There will be a new version within days or a couple of weeks. It looks really good.

Setting up an account did take 2 or 3 weeks to get through all the US money laundering hoops. I dealt entirely with the US operation rather than anyone in the UK. I don't know if it makes a difference.

Based on my short time with them, I have no problems recommending them.

mmillar

330 5
gfrachet said:
how long have u been using it? i suppose u just use it as a whole package right? u happy with it?

I've used TS2000i for about 9 months and TS7 for about the last 3. I use TS7 as my charting package, backtesting package and broker.

I am happy with TS7 but wouldn't necessarily rate it No. 1 in everything. If I had to rate different packages then ...

Real-Time Charting
1. eSignal
2. TradeStation

Brokerage
1. IB
2. TradeStation

BackTesting
1. TradeStation

Just my opinion and based on the packages I have used. I don't believe there is a perfect package out there, though hopefully with the improvements TradeStation are promising TS7/8 should get close.

Cheers

gfrachet

12 0
thx mmillar, ive read it, interesting...anyway i spoke to TS representatives yesterday, seems pretty simple to open an account...they sent me a link where i get some forms to fill in, then i ll post that today (they dont accept the faxes anymore) and ill see pretty soon what this TS s worth...:)

thx to all for ur help and answers!

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 24
I've been with Tradestation for about 3 years.No complaints at all.
They're always updating things and trying to make things better.I've not downloaded the 7.2 version yet however i saw someone else using it and i thought it looked quite good.

I dont trade through them but their brokerage fees seem to be excellent and about on par with IB.

gfrachet

12 0
hey Naz

i know ur a regular here and that uve been successful trading. i just opened an account with tradestation (took 3 weeks, not too bad considering holidays period) and just waiting for the funds to be in.
i just wanted ur point of view. basically im excited about all that coz for the 1st time ill be able to create and backtest systems and strategies and execute at low spread/com...i was trading CFDs before and it s just impossible coz of the cost. now im starting with $50k capital and will trade only nasdaq stocks, intraday and very short term swings, few days and i already set some kind of money managemnt strategy (0.5%of capital max loss on any trade, 2% on day, 6% on week, 12% on month)...really want to preserve my capital.
So do u have any main advices? is it how u went successful (trading naz with a system u created)? is $50k enough?
i ve always traded europe and US before (even when i was a prop trader in a bank) and now i must say it feels a bit weird to start the day at 2:30pm! :confused:

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
TradeStation 2000i/7

It seems when you open an account with TS you get TS v7.2 and that's on a monthly rental rather than on a one-off purchase basis.

Why do so many non-US traders here on t2w seem to prefer 2000i - particularly as it's no longer supported and difficult to get hold of even second-hand?

Trader333

8,655 981
Tony,

1) It is only recently that you could subscribe to TS7 if resident in the UK.

2) I dont want to have to convert all my funds to USD and place it in a TS Account and then have the hassle of converting it back and the problems of getting money back to me.

3) Once bought TS2000i does not incur additional subscription costs of around $100 per month as there is with TS 7

4) You can do backtesting offline which is not possible with TS7

5) It is still an excellent package that more than serves mine as well as many others trading needs.

6) I bought TS2000i several years ago and nothing else was available at the time. I also dont want unnecessary trading costs that I would incur if upgrading to TS7

Paul

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Paul
Perhaps you could clarify the position with TS2000i and the availability of/procedures for obtaining non US data
Thanks

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
Paul
I was under the impression (probably wrongly) that there possibly were some problems with accessing UK and European data for TS2000i?
Please put me right on this or if you can't then surely someone else can/will
Thanks

Hittfeld

437 12
There are a couple of tools available to connect TS2ki with esignal, IQ, Qcharts and even IB. One of those is free: Hypertrader

Hittfeld

Trader333

8,655 981
Ron,

Hittfeld is right, Hyperserver allows TS to interface with most data feeds including UK and European markets.

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock