Tradestation?

Herbie14

IQFeed do a 14 day trial. I've found them to be quite reliable. Although you have to be tolerant of the occasional spike. Happens with most feeds. Support is comprehensive and very professional.

Hope this helps.

Tradestation Data Feed

End of Day or "Refresh" during the day for effective live data feed for tradestaion - The Cheap mans Solution $55 one off then- FREE for life :eek:

www.hquotes.com

I have no financial Interest in this personally other than thinking most Data Feed is Very Very Expensive!!!! - and I'm on my :cheesy: charitable mode this morning

What TA software is supported? You can use HQuote Pro with Metastock, Omega Research Tradestation and Supercharts, Elliott Wave Analyzer,WinWaves32, Advanced Get 7.x , Neuroshell Trader, BioComp Profit, Omnitrader, SierraChart, FCharts SE, Bull's-Eye-Broker , Excel and other programs.

What about monthly charges for the data? There are no monthly charges for the data as you download it directly from free Internet sources like Quote.com and Yahoo.com We do not (re)sell the data, our software is just a kind of a very smart and intelligent Internet browser.

Do you provide a free trial? What are the limitations? Yes, all products have a free trial period (30 days) during which you can evaluate its features, speed and reliability and decide whether it meets your needs. One limitation of trial version is the size of Portfolio limited by 10 to 200 items.

Can I use your data with the charting software which is not listed above? If your technical analysis (TA) software can read ASCII data (please consult your user's manual) which is a standard feature nowadays, then we are 99% sure that you'll be able to use HQuote Downloader with it. If it reads Metastock formatted data, you can install free Metastock Downloader and use it with our program.

What are the benefits of being a registered user? Free stock quotes updates
Free software upgrades
Free technical support

mmillar said:
What you were looking at was TradeStation 7. TradeStation 7 costs $100 per month + exchange fees if you use them as your broker ($200 per month if you don't). You need a minimum of $5,000 in your account to trade equities and $10,000 to trade futures. Don't know how much you need to trade Forex.

The advantage of TS7 is that your data is managed for you and everything is in one package. No grabbing different bits of data from different sources or trying to get various packages from different suppliers working together. It allows you to concentrate on trading.

The disadvantages are that you only get American exchanges and Forex, and the brokerage side doesn't have the same functionality as IB e.g. to trade equities, futures and forex you need three different accounts.

I use TS7 and am happy to answer any specific questions you have about it. :)

Cheers

Dear all,
thanks for the information which has been very helpful. So far I have been using Java and coding my screens and even my charting (based on a library available on Internet). As my charting/screening software is becoming more and more complex to maintain and seen that I want to bring my trading at the next level, I have now decide that I want a professional setup.

The things I expect to do with my professional tool are:
- keep studying my market trend following system based on EOD data. Can I use Yahoo EOD and transform it into TradeStation data?
- back-testing my stock picking system (again daily data)
- putting my proprietary indicators into the hours/minutes timeframe and start developing a strategy there.
What is the best tool for that considering that I also have a IB account?

Is e-Signal better of Tradestation when considering the following characteristics:
- clarity of charting
- possibility to extend with new indicators
- automated trendlines
- possibility to create a complex system (with complex rules)
- possibility of market replay (like in Ninja Trader)

Thank you.
Regards,,,
Giuseppe

Some of the good things about Tradestation 8.2 are -
Free spot forex data.
The ability to freeze your futures brokerage account at the end of a calendar month, have X number of days off, then unfreeze your account again by faxing a letter with your authorising signature, whenever you want to, and only being charged for that month on a pro rata basis.

Although client services can be inadequate, if you follow up a fax with a phone call in the above situation, they will act speedily.

www.firstnumber.co.uk enable cheap international calls (USA 2p per minute).

JTrader
If you want to call TS free in US then use 0808 234 1993
It is a UK freephone number that links to their US switchboard. Good to know with the amount of wasted tiem you can spent trying to get any sense out of those monkeys.

TS8.2 - effects of switching from GMT to BST on chart data

Hi

I've just had a chat with someone in tradestations data intergrity department, and they reassure me that switching from GMT to BST does not affect the data that i look at.

For example, if today, on a spot forex chart i want to look at the 1 hour bar that was 1500 GMT (opened at 1400 & closed at 1500) on 22/3/7 (before we switched to BST), all i need to do is scroll back to this day, and the candle that is labelled 1500hrs on this day now, is the same bar that was the 1500 bar on 22/3/7, despite the fact that it wass GMT then and BST now. TS8.2 uses my computers time, and it takes this into account to ensure that the 1500 candle would remain the exact same candle now.

However, the person i spoke to did not sound 100% convincing. Therefore if anyone knows anything to the contrary of what I've been told, please explain the situation as you understand it.

Many thanks.

JTrader said:
Hi

I've just had a chat with someone in tradestations data intergrity department, and they reassure me that switching from GMT to BST does not affect the data that i look at.

For example, if today, on a spot forex chart i want to look at the 1 hour bar that was 1500 GMT (opened at 1400 & closed at 1500) on 22/3/7 (before we switched to BST), all i need to do is scroll back to this day, and the candle that is labelled 1500hrs on this day now, is the same bar that was the 1500 bar on 22/3/7, despite the fact that it wass GMT then and BST now. TS8.2 uses my computers time, and it takes this into account to ensure that the 1500 candle would remain the exact same candle now.

However, the person i spoke to did not sound 100% convincing. Therefore if anyone knows anything to the contrary of what I've been told, please explain the situation as you understand it.

Many thanks.

After a bit more thought, I think the safest solution is to set the time to GMT, if looking back over a period where GMT, US DST & BST overlap, that way its easer to keep track of and misinterpretations are easier to avoid.............

Supercharts4

:cool: Hello, I'm new and was trying to find a copy of Supercharts4, any chance of getting any help on this? I would pay you for your trouble. Thanks!

CT,

That post was nearly 4 years ago and I never used DataBull as I was using IQ feed at the time. I was just making a suggestion to someone else at the time.

Keep trying with TS2Ki, you could even advertise on here asking if anyone wishes to sell a second hand copy.

Paul

Many thanks Paul, I know that post was a while ago !

Currently paying $210 for esignal incl forex - esignal`s market depth for Nasdaq stocks is great - but my experience of other feeds is nonexistent.

Will keep trying for TS, they have an official site where I have sent an email too.

Cheers
Shamik.:)

Yesterday, TradeStation ticks for $INDU were much slower than IB ticks. Anybody noticed that?

Since the Martin luther holiday in US I notice that a lot of data issues occured with Tradestation, their comex gold data was only printing one tick every few minutes..As ever their cutomer support were totally useless. Still have problems with daily chart closes on lots of things.
why do their technical support people always have the most peculiar names?