Tradestation?

TWI

2,536 254
JTrader
If you want to call TS free in US then use 0808 234 1993
It is a UK freephone number that links to their US switchboard. Good to know with the amount of wasted tiem you can spent trying to get any sense out of those monkeys.

Reactions: JTrader

JTrader

5,741 506
TS8.2 - effects of switching from GMT to BST on chart data

Hi

I've just had a chat with someone in tradestations data intergrity department, and they reassure me that switching from GMT to BST does not affect the data that i look at.

For example, if today, on a spot forex chart i want to look at the 1 hour bar that was 1500 GMT (opened at 1400 & closed at 1500) on 22/3/7 (before we switched to BST), all i need to do is scroll back to this day, and the candle that is labelled 1500hrs on this day now, is the same bar that was the 1500 bar on 22/3/7, despite the fact that it wass GMT then and BST now. TS8.2 uses my computers time, and it takes this into account to ensure that the 1500 candle would remain the exact same candle now.

However, the person i spoke to did not sound 100% convincing. Therefore if anyone knows anything to the contrary of what I've been told, please explain the situation as you understand it.

Many thanks.

JTrader

5,741 506
JTrader said:
Hi

I've just had a chat with someone in tradestations data intergrity department, and they reassure me that switching from GMT to BST does not affect the data that i look at.

For example, if today, on a spot forex chart i want to look at the 1 hour bar that was 1500 GMT (opened at 1400 & closed at 1500) on 22/3/7 (before we switched to BST), all i need to do is scroll back to this day, and the candle that is labelled 1500hrs on this day now, is the same bar that was the 1500 bar on 22/3/7, despite the fact that it wass GMT then and BST now. TS8.2 uses my computers time, and it takes this into account to ensure that the 1500 candle would remain the exact same candle now.

However, the person i spoke to did not sound 100% convincing. Therefore if anyone knows anything to the contrary of what I've been told, please explain the situation as you understand it.

Many thanks.

After a bit more thought, I think the safest solution is to set the time to GMT, if looking back over a period where GMT, US DST & BST overlap, that way its easer to keep track of and misinterpretations are easier to avoid.............

Tom Murphy

1 0
Supercharts4

:cool: Hello, I'm new and was trying to find a copy of Supercharts4, any chance of getting any help on this? I would pay you for your trouble. Thanks!

Trader333

8,655 981
CT,

That post was nearly 4 years ago and I never used DataBull as I was using IQ feed at the time. I was just making a suggestion to someone else at the time.

Keep trying with TS2Ki, you could even advertise on here asking if anyone wishes to sell a second hand copy.

Paul

combotrader

187 10
Many thanks Paul, I know that post was a while ago !

Currently paying $210 for esignal incl forex - esignal`s market depth for Nasdaq stocks is great - but my experience of other feeds is nonexistent.

Will keep trying for TS, they have an official site where I have sent an email too.

Cheers
Shamik.:)

leovirgo

3,161 156
Yesterday, TradeStation ticks for $INDU were much slower than IB ticks. Anybody noticed that?

TWI

2,536 254
Since the Martin luther holiday in US I notice that a lot of data issues occured with Tradestation, their comex gold data was only printing one tick every few minutes..As ever their cutomer support were totally useless. Still have problems with daily chart closes on lots of things.
why do their technical support people always have the most peculiar names?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock