Tradestation with Esignal

ilia king

I am currently trying to get Tradestation 2000i setup with Esignal in real time. Tradestation has got the latest service pack 5, and the patch that is available on the Esignal forum.

I then open Global Server, File, Download from Esignal. I select forex, the settings, date, etc. Then I get an error message saying that "Symbols No Found".

:confused: Thanks

Ilia

Attachments

• tradestation2.jpg
    tradestation2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 743
Okay, I figured out that I had no symbols, so I imported them through, Insert -> Insert Symbol -> Add from Dictionary -> * to get all the symbols. Howere I ran into two problems, firstly the symbols have strange nameslike the GBP is called GBP A0-FX, is that the chart for the GBP, how do I get a chart for the GBP-USD? Also there is no EUR/USD I think that there is no EUR?

:cry:

Thanks FTSE Beater. The only symbol containing GBP is GBP A0-FX, so if it were GBP/USD, the symbol would be GBPUSD A0-FX but there is no such symbol?

Ilia,

From memory, I think the symbol for GBP/USD is GBP A0-FX I suggest you contact esignal and ask for a list of all FX names which they will be happy to give you and then you can import them into TS.

The problems you are having are down to inexperience of the package being used and it will all become clear as you use it more.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I only got Esignal yesterday it seems good but that price it be better be made from gold. The problem now is when I open tradestation and open the chart and select a symbol and choose the time interval to 5 min, tradestation gives me an error message saying that the data is corrupted this seems strange as in esignal I can view the data perfectly. Also the daily charts in tradestation work fine its only the realtime charts.

Maybe Tradestation does not support real time data from Esignal?

Tradestation does support data from esignal. You have to make sure that the datafeed in TS is set to "DBC Online Subserver". If not then go to GlobalServer and click on Tools and select Setup then go through the options and make sure you select the the above. It should be OK after that and if you are still getting problems then try re-installing TS.

Paul

I have configured Tradestation and added all the symbols and I am able to recieve data, daily, 5 min, tick however it does not update itself in real time. For example I have chart (tick) ranging from 5am yesterday to 5am today, and nothing moves only when I click in Global Server on download data and download it over again. Is that how it is meant to be? Is it not possible to get streaming data into tradestation.

I would greatly appreciate any comments

Ilia,

Check that you have done the following in GlobalServer:

1) Highlight all the symbols that you wish to update in realtime

2) Click on "Connect Symbol" as shown in the attached screenshot.

3) Now click on the "Performance" Tab

Check and see if data is updating in the "Quotes Received" field also shown. If it is not updating then you have an interface connection problem.

Paul

Attachments

• GS Connect1.png
    GS Connect1.png
    5 KB · Views: 491
  • GS Connect3.png
    GS Connect3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 364
Thank you Paul but it is still not working, the quotes received dialog is increasing, and the daily chart (3 years) has a "close" thing on the very top which updates at the same time as Esignal is updating, so basicaly the daily chart is working but the intraday charts are not, after downloading the data from global server they show the data but do not update them selves in real-time. Only when I download the data again in Global Server

Thank you for you effort

Ilia,

If the quotes are updating then it must be a setting in your chart or window setup that is the problem. Are you able to post any screen shots of similar to the attached ?

Paul

Attachments

• TS 3 Screen.png
    TS 3 Screen.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 339
Trader333 said:
Ilia,

If the quotes are updating then it must be a setting in your chart or window setup that is the problem. Are you able to post any screen shots of similar to the attached ?

Paul

Thanks Paul below are the screenshots, it has gotten even worse now the intraday charts are "No Data Available for the selected range".

I really appreciate your effort ;)

Attachments

• Paul.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 420
Ilia,

Can you post a shot of the "Format Window" similar to what I posted for the 5 Minute chart ?

Paul

Paul I have, isn't the attachment it?, 'Format Symbol', Settings tab, Scaling tab, Properties tab.

Thanks

Ilia

Ilia,

You have only given me the "Format Symbol" option. Go to TS and click on "Format" and select "Window" then select "Properties" and take a screenshot and then post it.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Ilia,

You have only given me the "Format Symbol" option. Go to TS and click on "Format" and select "Window" then select "Properties" and take a screenshot and then post it.

Paul

Thank you Paul

Attachments

• Paul.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 386
Ilia,

Try putting in a number (say about 5) in the "Bars to the Right" setting. Also try setting the chart type to OHLC rather than line chart and see if that works.

Paul

Thank you Paul however the problem persists. I am at a complete loss, the intraday charts are not moving but the quotes on the daily charts updates?

Thank you very much,

Ilia

Ilia,

It may be worth me giving you a call sometime although I am out this evening. If you wish you can send me a PM with a telephone number (not a mobile though) and we can talk through it and see if we can get round the problem.

Paul