TradeStation 2000i with Esignal

ilia king

Dear All,

Finally I have managed to get Tradestation 2000i working with Esignal, I am posting a full explanation that I got from a range of different members. I hope this piece of information will help everyone as it helped me, a great thanks to Twalker, Paul, Alexis (from Esignal)

Attached is the document:

P.S - If a guide is necessary on linking these two together, I would glady provide one

Attachments

• Forex.doc
    324 KB · Views: 1,024
Any comments glady welcome, would it be a good idea to create a guide on this from all the information I collected on this and Esignals forum

Ilia,
Nice doc. I went through a lot of frustration getting this all working smoothly and totally agree that this needs to be stored somewhere for the benefit of people trying to get this working in the future.

Thanks Twalker, I am currently trying to develop a small guide based on all this information, ie, how to insert symbols, what the correct settings should be, what patches and where to download them, screenshots of all the correct settings, etc. I will let everyone know when I am done

I have got half of the guide ready, hopefully it is attched and working, let me know on any improvements I could do, the second part is in process. :cheesy:

Attachments

• Setting Up Tradestation 2000i with the Esignal Data feed.doc
    350 KB · Views: 926
Now I have finished the whole guide and would realy like some improvements to be pointed out, I great big thanks to twalker, alexis, trader333 and many more for helping me produce this guide, which should help a lot of people as it helped me :cheesy:

Attachments

• Setting Up Tradestation 2000i with the Esignal Data feed.doc
    720 KB · Views: 1,169
I think that in the edit symbol>settings part of Globalserver for FX the point value should be set to 10000 rather than 10. This is important if you are looking at Strategy performance reports as a point is considered difference from 1.0000 to 2.0000 not 1.0001 to 1.0002. Obviously there is no specific contract size for spot FX but using $10/tick (or even $12.50 to equate to futures) is more reasonable than $0.001.

Also necessary if you want to introduce money management stops.