To re-invigorate UK business

An excellent article that expresses my sentiment exactly (Especially when you read the arguments given by Government Apologists!)

REF: http://schiffgold.com/fun-on-friday/fun-on-friday-muh-feelz-trumps-economics/

"I get really frustrated by people arguing vociferously about things they don’t know anything about. And on no subject is this more prevalent than the debate over the minimum wage. Bring up the “fight for $15” and you will suddenly get high school dropouts who can’t do basic multiplication yelling at you emphatically about the benefits of government-imposed wage floors. Because, you know, they feel like it should work."

"And I can’t really blame them. Because the average person has no clue about the economic ramifications of price floors. It’s not like they teach econ in school. And even if they did, most people just aren’t interested. To the average Joe, economics is boooooring."

"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”

"There were a few people making the point that when you raise the price of something, you lower demand. That means all things being equal, there will be fewer people hired at a higher wage. They were being shouted down and pretty maligned for being mean-spirited and only caring about the rich.

But is basic supply and demand. It’s the most fundamental economic principle. It’s easily proven with a little thought experiment. Set the minimum wage at $1,000 an hour. I mean, if we can just willy-nilly raise wages, why not $1,000?

That’s different.” Or so I’m told by many internet economists.

But it’s not."

If anyone has got a spare million or two to spare then they should seriously think of buying up a business that will flourish after this covid crisis is over.

If anyone has got a spare million or two to spare then they should seriously think of buying up a business that will flourish after this covid crisis is over.

Pat, have you spent your whole life living under a stone?

This is exactly what happens in any crisis or downturn.
Those who have monetary means and the right connections hover up everything at pence in the pound.

This is basic capitalism in play.

I wish you would make your mind up about what it is you want!

Pat, have you spent your whole life living under a stone?

This is exactly what happens in any crisis or downturn.
Those who have monetary means and the right connections hover up everything at pence in the pound.

This is basic capitalism in play.

I wish you would make your mind up about what it is you want!
Pity I haven't the time or money to " hover " up a few.

Interesting to note that Pres. Macron has talked about restricting the online super stores like Amazon.
Although really convenient they are killing off small high street businesses and putting many thousands out of work.
Mostly charity shops and boarded up premises remaining .
Wake up Boris and co. !