The worlds longest thread. Lets do it. B&Q it.

I'm eatin Chorizo, drinkin red Bull, and trying to pick my way through a C# for idiots/@ssholes book.

I found out my cleaner is pregnant for the second time and I am thinking about what I should do before she drops it.

Where to start on this post.........

I'm eatin Chorizo, drinkin red Bull, and trying to pick my way through a C# for idiots/@ssholes book.

I found out my cleaner is pregnant for the second time and I am thinking about what I should do before she drops it.

:love: MrGecko for president ?

You ever read like 'la la la for dummies'' - I felt like the biggest dummy in the world having read 'How to play guitars for dummies' 3 times and i still couldn't!
2. Red bull doesn't give you wings.

I think you better get rid of the cleaner before your wife finds out you got her pregnant!

Psychology Revision: Schizophrenia :)heart:)

Clinical characteristics of Schizophrenia:

The diagnostic and statistical manual (DSM) criteria for Schizophrenia is as follows -
For someone to be diagnosed as schizophrenia, they require to have at least 1-month duration of two or more ’positive’ symptoms. ’Positive’ being those that appear to reflect an excess or distortion of normal function.

-Delusions
These are bizarre beliefs that seem real to the schizophrenic yet are not. Sometimes this can be paranonia, for example thinking the behaviour and comments of others (even on tv) are specifically meant for the individual alone, or that they are being watched.

-Experience of control
Individuals may believe they are under control of an alien force that has invaded their minds or body.

-Auditory Hallucinations
These are unreal perceptions of the environment and are usually auditory although sometimes can be visual or tactile.

-Disordered thinking
This refers to the feeling that thoughts have been inserted into or withdrawn from the mind. Sometimes this can be thoughts that others can see what their thinking.

Biological Explanations of Schizophrenia

Genetic factors -
Family studies, such as Gottesman, 1991 have found that schizophrenia is more common in the biological relatives of the schizophrenica, therefore giving strong evidence of genetics being strongly influential on those who have it; Gottesman found that identical twins have a 48% risk of developing schizophrenia, if the other twin has it.
This however also suggests that genetics are not the only factor, because otherwise it would be 100%, therefore most psychologists believe the ‘diathesis-stress’ model to be the best at explaining schizophrenia - Which claims that a biological predisposition for developing schizophrenia exists in genetics, but this may only turn into a disorder if other significant psychological stressors are present as triggers.
Furthermore genetics cannot explain why some patients of the disorder don’t have any close relatives with the disorder, Stirling and Hellewell (1991) found two-thirds of those diagnosed with schizophrenia don’t.

Biochemical Factors -
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter which operates in the brain. Schizophrenics are thought to have an abnormally high number of D2 receptors on their receiving neurons - resulting in more dopamine binding and therefore more neurons firing. Dopamine neurons are key to a persons attention and therefore disturbances in this process may lead to the problems of attention and thoughts found in people with Schizophrenia, (comer,2003). This is known as the dopamine hypothesis.
Evidence comes from antipsychotic drugs. Phenothiazines bind to the D2 receptors, effectively blocking transmissions of nerve impulses through them and therefore reducing the attentional deficit found in schiophrenia.
L-dopa is a drug Parkinson’s diseased patients receive to increase their dopamine and it was found that these patients developed schizophrenic-type symptoms (Grilly, 2002).

'How to play guitars for dummies' 3 times and i still couldn't!
2. Red bull doesn't give you wings.

TBH it's given me a headache. It's an absolutely MASSIVE tin, about a pint. It was on offer in Tesco's, which is where I also got the chorizo from - gotta say its pretty poor quality.

Mary Poppins is FIT.

This is the worst thread on T2W, apart from all the ones everyonerich has posted in.

Psychology Revision: Schizophrenia

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Freudian analysis is constantly being disproved.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Freud was a coke-head

TBH it's given me a headache. It's an absolutely MASSIVE tin, about a pint. It was on offer in Tesco's, which is where I also got the chorizo from - gotta say its pretty poor quality.

Mary Poppins is FIT.

Wouldn't mind her poppin' in.

Reminded me of this for some reason -

Well... It was a nice effort.

But this is the end for the longest thread in the world AKA the shortest attempt at the longest thread in the world.

You're going about this all wrong Halo - if you want a lively thread then it's easy.

Just announce you've found the holy grail in trading, and you will share in due course. Once the "please tell me" suckers have posted then reveal a few scant details and the big boys will come in and rubbish them. Then insist they are all wrong and offer proof with a few vague charts and account statements from a demo account.

Then sit back and watch the ridicule fly into this thread. Keep it going by posting a ridiculous statement that completely ignores what everyone is saying every day or two.

For added bonus include some stories about your slightly illegal activities outside trading.

You can thank me later!

You're going about this all wrong Halo - if you want a lively thread then it's easy.

Just announce you've found the holy grail in trading, and you will share in due course. Once the "please tell me" suckers have posted then reveal a few scant details and the big boys will come in and rubbish them. Then insist they are all wrong and offer proof with a few vague charts and account statements from a demo account.

Then sit back and watch the ridicule fly into this thread. Keep it going by posting a ridiculous statement that completely ignores what everyone is saying every day or two.

For added bonus include some stories about your slightly illegal activities outside trading.

You can thank me later!

I've copy and pasted that and printed it out. Good thinking.

Good job i'm sad enough to follow it through.