The Volatile IBEX - a simple trading strategy..

The enemy...Pogo quote?

Pair of unequal puppies spotted on the dow for a move down.

The most important few words man has ever uttered...and I can't find out who first said it. This is blatantly nicked from Buk, as he doesn't post on here anymore:
"I have seen the enemy...and it is me." [/QUOTE]

The most important few words man has ever uttered...and I can't find out who first said it. This is blatantly nicked from Buk, as he doesn't post on here anymore:

"I have seen the enemy...and it is me."
Here is one source.... ( Yes - nearly finished marking assignments;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo#.22We_have_met_the_enemy.....22

In the Star Trek: Voyager episode Relativity, the "Pogo Paradox" is a paradox in temporal mechanics in which one goes back in time with the purpose of preventing a specific event, only to end up as the reason that event occurred in the first place. It was referred to as the Pogo Paradox because of Pogo's famous quote, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Last edited:
Doc: I spotted it on the 3 min. On the hour it is not even a blip. Only given 20 or so. So far. But chart will tell us how much it is going to give.

Neil: Thanks m8. I now have it.

"The quote, a rephrasing of a message sent in 1813 from U.S. Navy Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry to Army General William Henry Harrison after The Battle of Lake Erie stating "We have met the enemy, and they are ours,""

That appears to be the earliest version of it.

And still no one can tell me where "Puppy power!" came from?

I had my memory jogged the other day and you would have to be around 22 now to have watched this show first hand.

Oh Damn.

Meant to say earlier that there is a possible substantial move shaping up on the Ibex 1 hour chart.

Just flicked to the 3 min chart and a pair of unequal 'puppies' are staring me in the face. at a prime point as well, Never mind just have to wait for the next train.

here y'go

Attachments

• prime puppies.JPG
    prime puppies.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 308
Doc: I spotted it on the 3 min. On the hour it is not even a blip. Only given 20 or so. So far. But chart will tell us how much it is going to give.

I've got a Pivot Point S1 at 13591, so maybe that's as far as it will go for the time being. There is also news out at 1.30pm.......

"Puppy power!" well, that would be Scrappy Doo's saying on Scooby Doo.

I laugh at the scene in the first live action movie when Scrappy shouts "Puppy power!" then p!sses on Daphne.....hilarious!!!!

Something else for the Dow

While sitting here working out my various strategies for the Dow this afternoon, I'm not sure if you guys have read my post on a simple Dow trading system that I've been using for 6 months or so. Obviously some weeks are more successful than others, but I would be deeply upset if I do not garner 40 pips in any given week with this litle beauty.

Here is today's mathematics :

Previous night's close (Dow) 13613 x 0.35% = 48 ish.

Go long if Dow hits 13613 + 48 + 5 (safety factor) = 13666
Go short if it hits 13613 - 48 - 5 = 13560

Lock in 10 pips and then go for 20. Watch out for Pivots/Resistances which can sometimes **** it all up.

Happy Trading Folks

Dr KrugerRand

Hi Nick

Interesting set up for the dow today, is this a formulated scenario or something you have personally developed?

While sitting here working out my various strategies for the Dow this afternoon, I'm not sure if you guys have read my post on a simple Dow trading system that I've been using for 6 months or so. Obviously some weeks are more successful than others, but I would be deeply upset if I do not garner 40 pips in any given week with this litle beauty.

Here is today's mathematics :

Previous night's close (Dow) 13613 x 0.35% = 48 ish.

Go long if Dow hits 13613 + 48 + 5 (safety factor) = 13666
Go short if it hits 13613 - 48 - 5 = 13560

Lock in 10 pips and then go for 20. Watch out for Pivots/Resistances which can sometimes **** it all up.

Happy Trading Folks

Dr KrugerRand

by the way guys, great thread,

missed both puppy set ups this am due to normal work:( but they are going well in all time frames for me, especially the 3 min.

thought this might be of interest as well, i have been experimenting with a macd setting of 3, 11, 17. pretty interesting when used in conjunction with the puppies and rsi. will post a chart later as i have to go out now

heres to another profitable day...:cheesy:

Hi Nick

Interesting set up for the dow today, is this a formulated scenario or something you have personally developed?

I found it on the internet somewhere, last year. Seemed to back test ok (only a few months worth) so I 'adopted' it. If I remember correctly, it's not much use for any other index, but I would be happy to be corrected there. I've never tested it on the Ibex.

NK

thought this might be of interest as well, i have been experimenting with a macd setting of 3, 11, 17. pretty interesting when used in conjunction with the puppies and rsi. will post a chart later :

Now you've got my interest, BD. I've put that Macd setting into the pot, but I can't see much difference between that and the stoch set-up ! What have I missed ?

Another confirmation indicator

Nick,

If you look at ma3, peaks at stochastic turnaround, might be able to build in as another confirmation?

Well done Lightning.

Because of your obvious age though, you can't have a cigar like Neils.
So you win a glass of orange juice (diluted).

Here is something to bear in mind, it proves why you should look at longer time frames and work 'in'. This is obviously too late for your upcoming Glastonbury drinkathon Doc
But work out how nice you would be feeling had you taken this trade last year!

Attachments

• ibex daily.JPG
    ibex daily.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 284
hi options,

hope you dont mind me posting on your index thread, but...

on CMC, my Dow data is 24-hrs, so I get useless data that upsets my MAs, and Stochs.
how do you remove this?
or do you only use it when enough time has elapsed for the duff data no longer forms part of the indicator? (if that makes sense: eg; if you use 20-EMA, you wait for 20 bars to elapse after 2:30pm before trusting them)

oh, and good stuff about the divergences.

Here is something to bear in mind, it proves why you should look at longer time frames and work 'in'. This is obviously too late for your upcoming Glastonbury drinkathon Doc

Thanks options. looks like a CMC marketmaker chart - same as I use. What are your settings for the 2 indicators you're using ? I'm working on the ADX this afternoon, I'll let you know if i get anywhere with it.....

Dr.Tentman.

Trendie: It makes no difference to me. Just wait until the quiet periods are over. Seeing as you can trade at 8 o'clock in the morning on the dow, I prefer the continuous data.
I think there is a way to do what you are after, but best bet is to e mail support. You might get someone who knows what he is talking about.

Dr Tent and wellie boots man: Yes it is a cmc chart. I also use IG and both use the same charting, yet as I've said before. Ig's seem more clear.
The top indicator is one that has taken me around 8 years to develop to this stage, and was literally born of blood, sweat and plenty of tears. It was coded by another trader who happens to be a fantastic programmer originally for the meta charts stuff, and was a real pain in the butt trying to get it into the cmc software. So in fairness to the amount of effort put into this I cannot tell you the details. A few people have come to me to teach them to trade and they have this indicator, but it has cost them a lot of money to walk away with it. Of course it would not be fair to them either if I divulged the make up.

BUT...

Gentlemen...

I do have something else for you.

In an effort to obtain more clarity (And I do like a nice claret). I have made a change to the stoch.
Instead of 1 use number 2. This works quite well on all time frames. Pay attention when both lines are at the 50 mark and also when coming from extremes. From above 80 and from below 20. And the filter still works on this setting. I am still looking at the divergence (puppies) on this though and haven't come to any firm conclusions.

Oh and above 50. long the market. Under, and short.

Last edited: