The UK May 2015 General Election

My guess is a Tory/UKIP Govt next time with riots in the streets due to their meaness. Should he dump the 4 new Trident subs, he might manage an overall majority imho.

Money is power here, like the USA !

Well - right about a Cons majority. But surprised UKIP only got 1 seat. The poor old Cloggy Lib/Dems took a real hammering !
Pretty solid for the Scotts up North. Goodbye to them soonish I would say.

goodbye to Ed Milli, Farage and Clegg too

Last edited:
jees I saw a decent conservative win as the silent middle class came out of the closets..........but never never saw that majority coming

dammit didn't back it on betfair ......looks like offerings were 11/2 - 7/1 .:whistle:rolleyes:

N

jees I saw a decent conservative win as the silent middle class came out of the closets..........but never never saw that majority coming

dammit didn't back it on betfair ......looks like offerings were 11/2 - 7/1 .:whistle:rolleyes:

N

Well I was going to vote green but after that debate the greens and labour really scared me.

I also thought the Conservatives were losing with labour and their online media gimmicks to get the young on board.

If we can bury this in/out EU fiasco and kick some of these wet '*******s' (John Major's words) into touch be great so we can get on with rebuilding manufacturing base and upgrading infrastructure be well cool.

Onwards and forwards. :)

Well - right about a Cons majority. But surprised UKIP only got 1 seat. The poor old Cloggy Lib/Dems took a real hammering !
Pretty solid for the Scotts up North. Goodbye to them soonish I would say.

goodbye to Ed Milli, Farage and Clegg too

Farage is just having the summer off :LOL:...he will be back, make no mistake !

Now that Miliclown has gone, who will provide the entertainment at Westminster ?

Salmond is clearly his obvious replacement....looking forward to him getting biatch slapped around by the tories.

Brexit, the new buzz word

It seems sanity prevailed in the UK with a tory victory. I think a "Brexit" will be good for the UK and US economies. Being part of the EU allows free travel between the UK and the rest of Europe, allowing foreign nationals to leech from the NHS and other ancillary services. I think the people realized England would spend it itself into oblivion trying cover the constant immigrant influx into the system. Hopefully Cameron will take back some power from the EU for Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/eu-wakes-brexit-nightmare-british-vote-111144155.html

Of course anyone familiar with The Blackadder series will know Tony Robinson aka Baldric and a top member of Labour's NEC. Labour after it's disastrous showing might wheel him out for a top post, even shadow Prime Minister ?
Well he did get a knighthood on the Queen's Birthday List.

:LOL:

Attachments

• Baldrick.jpg
    Baldrick.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
It seems sanity prevailed in the UK with a tory victory. I think a "Brexit" will be good for the UK and US economies. Being part of the EU allows free travel between the UK and the rest of Europe, allowing foreign nationals to leech from the NHS and other ancillary services. I think the people realized England would spend it itself into oblivion trying cover the constant immigrant influx into the system. Hopefully Cameron will take back some power from the EU for Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/eu-wakes-brexit-nightmare-british-vote-111144155.html

No need for Brexit to avoid those traps. Just change the rules around qualifying for NHS care and benefits to bring into line with the other European countries (ie needing to be resident for a period, or paying into the system before becoming eligible).

Funnily enough, while international election coverage is obsessed with Brexit, domestically the ajockalypse seems a bigger worry and preoccupation.

No need for Brexit to avoid those traps. Just change the rules around qualifying for NHS care and benefits to bring into line with the other European countries (ie needing to be resident for a period, or paying into the system before becoming eligible).

Funnily enough, while international election coverage is obsessed with Brexit, domestically the ajockalypse seems a bigger worry and preoccupation.

If you think the Brexit is a bad idea, then it doesn't get any worse than Scottish independence. Financially speaking because money is the only thing that really matters especially in politics. Scotland can't afford to be independent.

Ajockalypse Not Now

What a stunning election. And what a great result(y)

Frustrating to see Scotland dominate such large part's of the debate/ panels/ commentary/ call-ins in the aftermath though.

David Cameron meets with the CBI

David Cameron is meeting with the CBI to discuss whether or not they should renegotiate with European Union or extricate themselves entirely from that mess

Farage is just having the summer off :LOL:...he will be back, make no mistake !

Now that Miliclown has gone, who will provide the entertainment at Westminster ?

Salmond is clearly his obvious replacement....looking forward to him getting biatch slapped around by the tories.

Blimy, that was a short break then :LOL: They won't even let him resign !!

Blimy, that was a short break then :LOL: They won't even let him resign !!

Well I was expecting more support for UKIP so was confused as to how even Nigel could not hold his seat.

What's going on there then? If it's anything like my sentiments fear of millipiddling leftist getting in that made UKIP voters vote Tory perhaps. Good for them (y)

I do think Nigel is going to be thorn on pro-European's side. Should make for an interesting referendum. Hoping people will get sick and tired of his old rhetoric and see business sense.

Well I was expecting more support for UKIP so was confused as to how even Nigel could not hold his seat.

What's going on there then? If it's anything like my sentiments fear of millipiddling leftist getting in that made UKIP voters vote Tory perhaps. Good for them (y)

I do think Nigel is going to be thorn on pro-European's side. Should make for an interesting referendum. Hoping people will get sick and tired of his old rhetoric and see business sense.

History will come to see old Nigel as the face that changed the EU, or hastened it's collapse. It's never really about what is said and done at the extremes, but sometimes extreme views are needed in order to gain some smaller ground in that direction.

Consider this....if Nigel had not been so vociferous in his attacks on the unelected EU big wigs, would the tories have bothered to offer a renegotiation and referendum on Europe ?

History will come to see old Nigel as the face that changed the EU, or hastened it's collapse. It's never really about what is said and done at the extremes, but sometimes extreme views are needed in order to gain some smaller ground in that direction.

Consider this....if Nigel had not been so vociferous in his attacks on the unelected EU big wigs, would the tories have bothered to offer a renegotiation and referendum on Europe ?

Eye candy for the masses. Cameron would not have offered referendum if he didn't think he'd win it.

I'm almost prepared to put my pension on it.

Doubt we will leave. Be madness.

As for Nigel - who remembers this guy???

th

I much prefer Nigel to Redwood however, far more charismatic and straight talking chap. Like his ideas and support a point scheme but trouble is there is no one else behind him and those who are seem to be unsavoury characters interested in lining their pockets. I could be wrong.