The Journey from the Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is only the basement, this would be a great place to start as a newbie. I will just absorb what is written here, and thank you all for teaching.

You're welcome, but incidentally we are not teaching ~ we are discussing openly.,
but at a very high level. Therefore you will see there are people who blunder in
because this thread is public. But if they are intelligent they soon realise this is
not a conventional ongoing discussion but something quite extraordinary by
ordinary standards.

Teaching is different, because the pupil has to be delivered the correct information
in a certain sequence, with excercises, questions and answers, both written and
oral, then there are test papers, to ensure each level has been mastered and
then there are final exams and graduation. And then dinner and fun and games
to follow.

Last edited:
Max22 said:
If this is only the basement, this would be a great place to start as a newbie. I will just absorb what is written here, and thank you all for teaching.
Hi Max,

As a newbie, you will need to start from post number 1 on page 1 of this thread and keep reading.

Follow all the links given by other people in this thread to increase your knowledge. You will eventually arrive back here and be much more informed than you are now :) ... then rather wandering around with blindfolds on and bumping into things, at least the blindfolds will be off and you will be able to recognise that there is a basement and there might be a building :)

Firehorse don't take any notice of him, not wired to the standard required.
It has already been done and he does not understand it.
Let us all concentrate our attention on what is worthwhile
and deserving of our interest and not otherwise.
BTW, how are you getting on 333 ?

harryp said:
Can we therefore look forward TODAY to an analysis of what happened TOMORROW ?
And some clairvoyants can ... if you believe such things.

What Socrates is trying to teach (I assume) is to peek ahead a certain amount of time in the limited case of trading a particular instrument.

He is not claiming to teach you how to predict anything and everything 24 hours ahead ... you would need to go elsewhere for that! :p ... and I believe the discipline and innate talent required for that would be higher than required here :cheesy:

harryp said:
And while you're about it can you also change what happened yesterday ? or do we need to say a prayer first ?
The prayer is just a carrier for the intention / energy for change. Even with groups of people praying, there wasn't enough power /intention/ energy to influence the death rate ... but it was enough to change how long they stayed in hospital.

So ... how much power / energy / discipline do you think you have? Then that will equate to how much you can change.

That is why visualisation and seeing yourself in the future in a particular state work. The beliefs have the energy to motivate you to make different choices then before. The resulting actions and bring about the desired visualisation / future. So did you then predict future with your visualisation?

The stronger your visualisation / energy / intention then the more likely the result.

harryp said:
You're right , my understanding of the universe does'nt allow for such a nonsensical theory but if you dont mind I'll keep on reading this thread.
It may appear to be nonsense but remember that at one time it was believed the world was flat, the sun went around the earth and traveling through the air like bird was nonsense.

If you read up on the latest theories on space, physics and intention then you may come back with a different viewpoint.

Kindest regards

Last edited:
Socrates,

BTW, how are you getting on 333 ?

I am still working through your post to me on 19-06-2004, 07:33 PM #1188 as there is a lot in that and I dont wish to pretend to have understood it all just yet . I have not been able to "Slow Time" by my own perception or been able to have "Future Flash" revelation in its truest sense yet. But I have now posted 3 consecutive realtime profitable trades on this thread so I am at least some way to getting the "Mechanics" right for Price and Volume only trading if nothing else.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Socrates,
I am still working through your post to me on 19-06-2004, 07:33 PM #1188 as there is a lot in that and I dont wish to pretend to have understood it all just yet . I have not been able to "Slow Time" by my own perception or been able to have "Future Flash" revelation in its truest sense yet. But I have now posted 3 consecutive realtime profitable trades on this thread so I am at least some way to getting the "Mechanics" right for Price and Volume only trading if nothing else.

OK, alright, when you are ready.

Firehorse, you see or not see ?
Please, be guided by my experience.
I assure you I have a lot.

Ah ! Animal lesson No 5 being prepared.......here goes:~

The incident of the Crow and the Gannet.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Dear darksiders all,

I like to get my business done early if possible, that is if market conditions allow, because
then I have free time to do as I please.

It is my habit to have my breakfast at about 10 AM.

As the weather down here on the South Coast has its own micro climate which is superb,
in consequence of this, it is often sunny here when even in London it may be pouring.

During the summer months I like to have my breakfast al fresco, depending on the
breeze, depending which lawn is chosen as a knowledge of Meteorology is also very
useful. But I digress. My favourite breakfast is Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs, with
Orange Juice, Tea and Toast.

Invariably the Toast is is a short French Roll, sliced down the middle lengthwise.
I am telling you all these details to put you fully in the picture, you understand.

On this particular morning I had 4 guests for breakfast, naturally we all had the same.

When we finished, there was one peice of toast left, and I felt guily as I am averse to
wasting food. So I thought the good deed for the day, would be to throw it onto the Garage
roof, for some hungry bird to enjoy.

Now my next door neighbour lives in the prettiest Bungalow, with a sharply tilting roof,
that has a chimney that is open, because down here many of us use logs in our fireplaces in the winter, are you following this so far ? And are you getting the drift? Good !

Late in the afternoon, I went out to post a letter and I looked up and saw the following:~

Sitting on top of the edge of my neighbour's open chimney, was a huge Crow who had
managed to fly there with the discarded peice of Toast in its beak. This Crow was balancing
itself on the rim of the chimney pot and facing inwards. On the apex of the roof and facing it
expectantly was a Gannet. The Crow looked very self conscious because the Gannet was
observing it, and giving it absolutely its undivided attention.

But the Crow was not only aware of the Gannet's interest, it was also aware of the tricky
situation it found itself in. You see the Crow was facing the Gannet, and the Crow was aware
that it was dangling its lunch over the top of the open chimney pot. The Crow assumed it
would be safer to find a safer perch. So it hopped. And it intended to hop from one side of
rim of the chimney pot to the other. And it did.

On landing on the other side of the rim, the jerk caused by its landing, succeeeded in freeing
the Toast from its beak.

The toast fell in the crease between the Chimney and the Apex of the roof. The Gannet,
immediately slid down the slope between the Apex and the Crease with its webbed feet
facing forward, and went bumpety bump bump on the roof tiles to its target, which it
scooped up with a loud shriek, and flew away with it, leaving the Crow still sitting on
the chimney Pot looking decidedly crestfallen, and I believe, embarrassed, because I
also beilieve that animals are capable of being embarrassed when they recognise
they have committed a blunder.

All animals should feel embarrassed when they commit blunders. The human variety are capable of apologising if their awareness is sufficiently developed,
and if they have been taught proper manners as to how to behave in civilised society,
whereas animals do not speak directly but are capable of indicating their
feelings in other ways that to the enlightened are also obvious.

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
Firehorse, you see or not see ?
100%

I will recognise the signs earlier next time :)

However, it has benefited me to express my viewpoint and I hope it may someday guide another more receptive newbie in the right direction :)
SOCRATES said:
Please, be guided by my experience.
I assure you I have a lot.
Cross posted, otherwise I would have seen and followed your advice :)

Also wondering and looking forward to what new lessons the next story will bring :)

Animal Lesson No 5.
What is the hidden meaning and what can we learn from this ?
Constructive and intelligent comments are welcome.

SOCRATES said:
Animal Lesson No 5.
What is the hidden meaning and what can we learn from this ?
Constructive and intelligent comments are welcome.

I'll take a chance at it.
The Fear of losing his prize has caused him to lose it.

I agree Maxx.. but I have a little more to add, this is akin to the Twig bird in the forest. The crow is the bumbling 95% of the market who feed the 5% through their incapacity and unsuitedness. The Gannet dared to dare and came away with the the spoils of war. He saw an opportunity, that being the exploitation of an animal of the same specie but of less ability, he acted and he came away the ultimate victor. And why did the crow lose his grub, because he made a mistake, he was not sure of what he was doing and not suited to the task, and as a result he paid the price in the dog eat dog world of the animal kingdom.

Not only that, the crow at the end of it was left incapacitated, frozen, not realising what had just happened, when infact he should be looking for another opportunity to snag some grub. This is what I do, I make a trade, I make a pigs ear of it and I freeze, I feel utterly incapacitated and not knowing what to do next. I slump in my chair twiddling my thumbs at what just happened before my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max22 said:
I'll take a chance at it.
The Fear of losing his prize has caused him to lose it.
This is a slant I hadn't thought of, but neverthess valid.

ford said:
I agree Maxx.. but I have a little more to add, this is akin to the Twig bird in the forest. The crow is the bumbling 95% of the market who feed the 5% through their incapacity and unsuitedness. The Gannet dared to dare and came away with the the spoils of war. He saw an opportunity, he acted and he came away the ultimate victor.

Not only that, the crow at the end of it was left incapacitated, frozen, not realising what had just happened, when infact he should be looking for another opportunity to snag some grub. This is what I do, I make a trade, I make a pigs ear of it and I freeze, I feel utterly incapacitated and not knowing what to do next. I slump in my chair twiddling my thumbs at what just happened before my eyes.
Preliminary Comment (there will be more as darksiders come in and post also),
because in this there are several important lessons :~

The Gannet was alert and had a Strategy.

The Crow did not ~ he believed that just by shifting his posture he would be able
to keep his lunch ~ without considering anything else.

The crow had what he thought was an easy lunch but in actual fact had put himself in a precarious position and as a result lost

The gannet on the other hand could see what was developing and was prepared to bide his time until the opportune moment arrived and he could clean up

Minimum effort Maximum profit me thinks

Very Good also, he lost as a result of doing the WRONG THING . The Gannet is not CLUMSY,
and has a very good sense of Timing.

There are shakers and movers who occasionally throw some crumbs out!

They find it quite interesting to see what happens outside their world.

The crow picks up what appears to be a bargain, but in doing so sees the potential for a loss.

He then looks to change his position to something better but in the process loses what he had in the beginning if he hadn't moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.