Alternative & strange trading methods

Pat494

Legendary member
Well we all know about trends, RSI, Moving averages etc. Probably tried a good many and failed so what's left ? Either pack it in or try the wackier methods.

One I tried was to copy the Romans ( they knew a thing or two ) and use nature. To be more precise watch the flight of birds when you have an instrument in mind. Take the next bird you see in the park or elsewhere. If it flies left to right then long and vice versa.

Rope in your pet to help out. Set the rules yourself and observe.

Have you got an unusual one ?

Try pet fish. They don't get bored easily when food is being offered.

:LOL:

Tarot cards have possibilities plus money management of course.

I always fancied using chickens. Remarkably intelligent if you know how to handle them.

Just different versions of coin flipping ...

Not quite imho. Animals can be seen as computers on legs. OK over the millennia they have specialized in food and sex but they can be trained. Perhaps a prison full of inmates could be rewarded to try and make guesses on the S&P 500 ?

Not quite imho. Animals can be seen as computers on legs. OK over the millennia they have specialized in food and sex but they can be trained. Perhaps a prison full of inmates could be rewarded to try and make guesses on the S&P 500 ?

Why a prison ? You have forums . You will get random results that get you nowhere : Break even before commissions .

Why a prison ? You have forums . You will get random results that get you nowhere : Break even before commissions .

Why a prison ? Well that is a captive audience that will be there and together for a while. They probably haven't much to concentrate on but financial investing is about money. They will be interested on that. A crooked but talented lot generally.

I have advocated use of the I Ching. Not so much as a stock-picking or TA tool, but as a route towards clear thoughts and decisions and away from reflexive/impulsive action and emotional involvement in trades.