The Holy Grail. Fact, or Fiction.

Let's get off religion and back to trading.

The HG of trading is 100% of many winning trades imho.

Not possible but worth aiming for

That's certainly on topic if delightfully off kilter.

There has also been a suggestion that the French from which this was originally derived "Saint Graal" was possibly a corruption of "Sang Real" or royal bloodline: The vessel for this precious liquid being the living ancestor(s) of [that] line rather than the cup or chalice associated with the currently extent folklore.

I know I should take all of this with a pinch of salt, but I can't help thinking that before we start discounting the existence of fairies and fairy stories which can be neither validated nor debunked, we should apply that same decision making process to the existence of dark matter for which we are all assured by the scientific community really does exist even if it can't be detected or proven.

Well they could call it "WTF is that", but because there are a lot of literate and technical people in science community, they decided to call it Dark Matter. It's not something they can see, you are right, but it something they cannot see.

See the difference? Well... what I'm trying to say that there are unexplained events happening and we decided to blame it on the dark matter for now..

P.S. Flying Spaghetti Monster is real and I still cannot understand what OP meant by Holy Grail.

I do not think that there are such holy grails and thus traders should not fall prey for such scam programs.

Your are wrong and also quite right!.

There is a holy grail and no you should not fall for scam programs.
The holy grail is in you already, only you can make it happen.
And you really can. But its gonna take a lot of time and practice.
They key is to not lose money while learning, stay in the game, rely on
reality not hope.
The holy grail is good.

Positive expectancy is a holy grail. If you think of it: correctly executed long series of trades with positive expectancy results in 100% probability of profit. Isn't it what every trader wants? :)

Hi Cornix, yes I fully agree. All it needs a a 'holy grail' human to operate the system consistently and away you go.

I recommend people take a look at the Adam principle from wilde ........the actual system is somewhat controversial and open to despute and challenge (what system isnt ?) but the narration and follow up has some very very sobering comments about trading ...including the Author dismissing some of the most famous indicators in the world that he invented .........interesting !

N

Last edited:
I like to think King Arthur's knights set themselves tasks and one of these was finding enlightenment ( Holy Grail) in their own lives. Rescuing maidens in distress ( enjoying a bit of crumpet ) and slaying mighty dragons ( defeating evil men ) seemed part of their mission in life.

Still relevent today

Attachments

• Tyrants defeated.PNG
    Tyrants defeated.PNG
    274.9 KB · Views: 482
I recommend people take a look at the Adam principle from wilde ........the actual system is somewhat controversial and open to despute and challenge (what system isnt ?) but the narration and follow up has some very very sobering comments about trading ...including the Author dismissing some of the most famous indicators in the world that he invented .........interesting !

N

Can you please specify where I can get grip on what you are recommending?

I am sure that I shall see the Pearly Gates before I see the Holy Grail.

Last edited:
There is one for definite. I saw a program on telly and I think some guy called Indiana Jones found it. I remember Hitler tried to take it from him but cannot recall if he got it back.

But it was definitely there.

Positive expectancy is a holy grail. If you think of it: correctly executed long series of trades with positive expectancy results in 100% probability of profit. Isn't it what every trader wants? :)

Even a million trades each with a Positive expectancy would not result in 100%
Probability of profit

Even a million trades each with a Positive expectancy would not result in 100%
Probability of profit

If it didn't I would want to go back to the drawing board and find a new strat. This is over a Month and a lot of round turns, some losers, some winners and some scratches. If I gave up on the strat early on it would be blah but over the course of the month it performed well. Just like any other method. I believe 100% in positive expectancy. Give it a try and see how it shapes up ya.

Attachments

• 3M Trade.jpg
    3M Trade.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
If it didn't I would want to go back to the drawing board and find a new strat. This is over a Month and a lot of round turns, some losers, some winners and some scratches. If I gave up on the strat early on it would be blah but over the course of the month it performed well. Just like any other method. I believe 100% in positive expectancy. Give it a try and see how it shapes up ya.

Well yes we all believe in having a positive expectancy, an edge,
But that does not result in 100% probability of profit

"Holy Grail"?

Nothing to do with trading.

The Holy Grail is a dish, plate, stone, or cup that is part of an important theme of Arthurian literature. A grail, wondrous but not explicitly "holy," first appears in Perceval le Gallois, an unfinished romance by Chrétien de Troyes:[1] it is a processional salver used to serve at a feast. Chrétien's story attracted many continuators, translators and interpreters in the later 12th and early 13th centuries, including Wolfram von Eschenbach, who makes the grail a great precious stone that fell from the sky. The Grail legend became interwoven with legends of the Holy Chalice.[2] The connection with Joseph of Arimathea and with vessels associated with the Last Supper and crucifixion of Jesus, dates from Robert de Boron's Joseph d'Arimathie (late 12th century) in which Joseph receives the Grail from an apparition of Jesus and sends it with his followers to Great Britain. Building upon this theme, later writers recounted how Joseph used the Grail to catch Christ's blood while interring him and how he founded a line of guardians to keep it safe in Britain. The legend may combine Christian lore with a Celtic myth of a cauldron endowed with special powers. (from Wiki)

So there....

sorry Richard, but that's exactly what the Holy Grail is NOT