The funniest thing you have heard on a trading forum?

"So - here is the line in the sand. Respected (or otherwise) people may contribute free, useful information that isn't on the board right now in exchange for the removal of people who are here to line their pockets by selling people information that will lose them money."

Irony :LOL:

n_t - what's wrong with removing people that are selling bogus information?

You do realise that these people that sell bogus systems cause massive financial pain for their unsuspecting customers, right?

You do realise that 99% of trading education is totally worthless?

Or are you still new after 5 years?

T2W in its present form would cease to exist as it would no longer be commercially viable.

I'd welcome it, but Mr Sharky probably wouldnt be to keen. Even if they fancied committing commercial suicide who would police it anyway ?

T2W in its present form would cease to exist as it would no longer be commercially viable.

I'd welcome it, but Mr Sharky probably wouldnt be to keen. Even if they fancied committing commercial suicide who would police it anyway ?

OK - but APART from that... :D:D:D

I'd like to remove people like you, but you had the thread that you started closed. A few weeks later you became a vendor yourself. What a coincidence!:LOL:

DionysusToast said:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...30-price-action-seriously-11.html#post1510382

Just some numpty vendor alluding to how it really is so simple and a pointer to his site.
I want no part of their activity, hence the request to close the thread.

Thanks all for participating.

You do realise that these people that sell bogus systems cause massive financial pain for their unsuspecting customers, right?

You do realise that 99% of trading education is totally worthless?

Or are you still new after 5 years?

Now why would a vendor say this about another vendor’s product? I know, you are altruistic aren't you! Unlike like those 'bad' vendors you want to eliminate as competitors.

Still - to show how altruistic I am. Do you want to give the software a whirl yourself? You could write a scathing review and put me out of business before I start. I'll give you a license for a month so you can see what an evil creation it is. In fact, anyone can try it for free on account it's available for download in a public place and has a free trial. Part of my evil reverse-psychology plan to hook people in before sucking the blood out of them.

Would you like a trial to see what has actually been done? See how much oil I squeezed out of the snake.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...races-dark-side-vendorship-8.html#post1547194

I wasn't joking, I would pull it now and approach some brokers, I don't think you will get the market size here, maybe ET and wilmott as well if you want to advertise via forums.
Personally I would be looking at the broker route.
Getting a patent for the code might also be a good idea...if not done already.

Indeed - and any future thread I start where people start selling useless mentoring services and pointing back to their sites will be dealt with in the same way.

Of course - you are welcome to start a discussion and air your views on trading and do the same thing.

I am not sure where altruism comes in. Do you consider yourself altruistic because you post on a forum? I never did. I like the mental stimulation, personally. I sure don't consider someone altruistic who comes on saying he's got a grail at home and you that can go and see it for $1,500.

As for selling software - that sure isn't altruistic, except for Dale and Joel who helped me out by testing all the pre-beta versions. They get it for free.

Still - to show how altruistic I am. Do you want to give the software a whirl yourself? You could write a scathing review and put me out of business before I start. I'll give you a license for a month so you can see what an evil creation it is. In fact, anyone can try it for free on account it's available for download in a public place and has a free trial. Part of my evil reverse-psychology plan to hook people in before sucking the blood out of them.

Would you like a trial to see what has actually been done? See how much oil I squeezed out of the snake.

When I first joined this site there were two members who quite literally despised each other and it became evident whenever the two crossed paths. I didn’t quite understand why at time because I thought they both had reasonable things to say about trading. Now, 5+ years later I know exactly why the animosity existed.

As for your software, I have no interest in giving it a whirl because I know mine is better and I have no interest in being an appraiser for anyone else. To be honest, anyone with a bit of brains (enough to think they have what it takes to trade) is mad for spending any money on 'special' software.

That's all. You've had enough 'air' time from me. I'll let the gullible sycophants give you what you need to be a successful VENDOR.

N_T - the thing is - you may well despise me but I simply don't feel the same way about you.

I have no ill feelings towards you. In fact, I am happy that your 'special' software is better than mine.

"Technicals work well in spot forex because nobody really knows of any other reason to enter." (or words to this effect). Great quote on so many different levels. Funny.

I'm pretty open minded to all types of trading and watching tape does interest me. The summary tape and the reconstructed tape isn't offered elsewhere at all? It does look good.

Not to my knowledge. If it does, I am sure n_t will tell us!

"Technicals work well in spot forex because nobody really knows of any other reason to enter." (or words to this effect). Great quote on so many different levels. Funny.

That is actually the most coherent, sensible argument I've ever heard in favour of TA.

back on subject one of the saddest things I read on forums is the "I'll start part time and eventually do this full time.." it (moving on to full time having made a nice egg from part time) happens for one in a milion imho.

I suppose this is why so many vendors/systems sellers of black dog with fleas type rip offs have emerged over the years, they sell the short cut/part time "plug this in and off you go baby" dream..to the weak, stupid and gullible..

Last edited by a moderator:
back on subject one of the saddest things I read on forums is the "I'll start part time and eventually do this full time.." it (moving on to full time having made a nice egg from part time) happens for one in a milion imho.

I suppose this is why so many vendors/systems sellers of black dog with leads type rip offs have emerged over the years, they sell the short cut/part time "plug this in and off you go baby" dream..to the weak, stupid and gullible..

There is a cycle within the retail sector :- Try trading - realise that you can't make it work in the way that you wanted - keep it as an occassional punt/interest - set-up as a vendor - give up on a bad idea.

Retail money may not impact on the actual markets in such a big way, but the sheer volume of retailers makes vending an attractive plan B.

There is a cycle within the retail sector :- Try trading - realise that you can't make it work in the way that you wanted - keep it as an occassional punt/interest - set-up as a vendor - give up on a bad idea.

Retail money may not impact on the actual markets in such a big way, but the sheer volume of retailers makes vending an attractive plan B.

Agreed, perhaps the intel suggests that's where the money is for vendors, take it off the newbies by selling the dream asap. I wonder what the numbers are for newbies entering FX per week, particularly in the USA? Probably up massively due to the recession.The vendors on here all PM newbies within hours of them registering..

The vendors on here all PM newbies within hours of them registering..

I can honestly say that I've only been solicited by vendors three times, and I've been a member of T2W since around 2004.

A quick response of **** off you spamming **** seamed to work quite well :LOL:

Amusingly one of the vendors was actually pitching me to join in partnership with him due to my expertese in options trading. I just about know know what an option is, and I have an extremely rudimentary understanding of the greeks. I've never even demo traded an option, let alone traded them, and frankly wouldnt even know how I'd go about doing so even if I wanted too, but that seamed to be of little concern.

I'm a member of a couple of different forums but havnt really experienced problems with this sort of thing. I suspect if a new member make a post that identified them as a potential mark (and many do), then they'll be an obvious target.

Spamming of PM in box's is a very minor problem. There is also a report button on the PM's which links back to Mods. On the odd occasion members do report anything untoward, the mods jump on the offenders and it usually results in a permanent ban. Problem solved.

Spamming of PM in box's is a very minor problem. There is also a report button on the PM's which links back to Mods. On the odd occasion members do report anything untoward, the mods jump on the offenders and it usually results in a permanent ban. Problem solved.

agreed, but pm-ing a newbie isn't spamming though is it? ;)

The purple areas are obvious s/r levels. Agreed?

I personally, would not buy at either of them. Sure, price may react to them but there is only one place I would consider buying that S&P and that is at 1318. And it would have to go lower than 2 or 3 ES points to get me out.

bang on 1318 on 17th May. Went as low as 1316 and as high as 1345. 2 handles against you and 27 handles in your favour. That's not bad R:R. Support and Resistence works for those who know how to use it. This is a great example of how Support and Resistence does work.

Last edited:
bang on 1318 on 17th May. Went as low as 1316 and as high as 1345. 2 handles against you and 27 handles in your favour. That's not bad R:R. Support and Resistence works for those who know how to use it. This is a great example of how Support and Resistence does work.

Makes me glad I ignored the other fella when he rubbished the cornerstone of my strategy!