anyone heard of London Global Investments

I love the 'Senior Trader' bit. What exactly is that and does it actually mean anything?

I also love the screaming ' he teaches bank traders'! Yeah, you'll normally find all the vendors and snake oil salesmen use that one as well.

WTL, you're missing the point about the Turtles. The point is this -

Richard Dennis, at that time one of the world's top traders with a multi-year track record had an idea to see if that same track record of proven success could be taught.

Now Mike Bagdaddy comes along who nobody had ever heard and says 'I have an idea, let's have a turtle training course'. But he has no record of success therefore the turtle training idea as I said before is a marketing gimmick.

So what it all comes down to in this business is cold hard facts, ie audited past results. If you've got them then people will take you seriously, if not then why not...........

I love the 'Senior Trader' bit. What exactly is that and does it actually mean anything?

Richard Dennis, at that time one of the world's top traders with a multi-year track record had an idea to see if that same track record of proven success could be taught.

Now Mike Bagdaddy comes along who nobody had ever heard and says 'I have an idea, let's have a turtle training course'. But he has no record of success therefore the turtle training idea as I said before is a marketing gimmick.

So what it all comes down to in this business is cold hard facts, ie audited past results. If you've got them then people will take you seriously, if not then why not...........

You cannot be much of a trader if a senior position at CBOT doesn't mean anything to you. It's not exactly an easy job to get, with massive competition, and he's obviously been promoted for a reason.

You call the turtle program nothing but a marketing gimmick. These people are being offered a job at his company. I don't know why you want to degrade the guy for that!
Why should it be less valid somehow because Dennis's project is replicated by Baghdady? You got some personal issue with this guy?

I am sure there are many, many good traders in the world that you have never heard of and who have zero interest to publish their accounts for you or anyone else to win your 'approval'.

The NFA website will show you which firms he has been registered at. Nybot is not one of them.

You cannot be much of a trader if a senior position at CBOT doesn't mean anything to you.

Mike (or somebody that works for him), how ya doing?

There is no such thing as a 'senior trader' at the Board you moron!

I'll give you a simple lesson. In the pit, in any pit, there are only 2 groups, brokers and traders. The brokers will work for firms (although some can be independent) and the traders for themselves, ie locals.

So whether you've been a local for 1 day or 10 years you're just a 'trader', a 'local'. It's as simple as that. You cannot in effect be 'promoted' from a 'trader' to a 'senior trader', because a trader is a trader is a trader.

Now, you can be a 'senior broker' but that just means you've been around longer, or are better, than some of the other brokers that work in your firm.

The phrase 'senior trader' is therefore nothing but a crappy marketing gimmick as there is no such thing, nor has there ever been.

As for the Turtles you still don't seem to get it.

Dennis wanted to see if he could REPLICATE his fantastic track record by pulling people off the street and teaching them.

But Bagdaddy doesn't have a trading record therefore there isn't anything to replicate so as I've said before his Turtles idea is nothing but a thin marketing gimmick.

Have a nice day Mike!

I'm not the one putting myself out as an 'expert' and seeking money from others. Nor am I using misleading statements, claims and advertising.

Well, in a way you are misleading people if you're on a constant witchhunt.

Why can't we focus on the benefits some of these course can have - and maybe provide some pointers for improvements rather than criminalize anyone who provides training in trading? This constant (and intentional) smearing of trading seminars is really quite bizarre. One has to wonder if some of it comes from competitors... I sure don't see T2W smear their "partners" that they market frequently! Cooincidence or maybe not?

Mike (or somebody that works for him), how ya doing?

There is no such thing as a 'senior trader' at the Board you moron!

I'll give you a simple lesson. In the pit, in any pit, there are only 2 groups, brokers and traders. The brokers will work for firms (although some can be independent) and the traders for themselves, ie locals.

So whether you've been a local for 1 day or 10 years you're just a 'trader', a 'local'. It's as simple as that. You cannot in effect be 'promoted' from a 'trader' to a 'senior trader', because a trader is a trader is a trader.

Now, you can be a 'senior broker' but that just means you've been around longer, or are better, than some of the other brokers that work in your firm.

The phrase 'senior trader' is therefore nothing but a crappy marketing gimmick as there is no such thing, nor has there ever been.

As for the Turtles you still don't seem to get it.

Dennis wanted to see if he could REPLICATE his fantastic track record by pulling people off the street and teaching them.

But Bagdaddy doesn't have a trading record therefore there isn't anything to replicate so as I've said before his Turtles idea is nothing but a thin marketing gimmick.

Have a nice day Mike!

I don't know Mike Baghdady. And my name is John, not Mike. You guys brought his name up. But then, you're not exactly the brightest bulb in the troll-patrol, are you?

Ok, so I get it: EVERYONE are cheats and liers, scammers and fraudster be it Online Trading Academy, London Global, Baghdady, and on and on. Except you, of course.

Must be amazing for you to be the only decent, honest, transperant trader out there. Can't imagine you have much success if you have so much time on your hands ranting on forums.

Well, in a way you are misleading people if you're on a constant witchhunt.

Why can't we focus on the benefits some of these course can have - and maybe provide some pointers for improvements rather than criminalize anyone who provides training in trading? This constant (and intentional) smearing of trading seminars is really quite bizarre. One has to wonder if some of it comes from competitors... I sure don't see T2W smear their "partners" that they market frequently! Cooincidence or maybe not?

I'll think you'll find that Baghdady was a T2W 'partner' at one point. I notice that you are a vendor, does all this make you nervous?

I'll think you'll find that Baghdady was a T2W 'partner' at one point. I notice that you are a vendor, does all this make you nervous?

Ahhh... so that's where the shoe pinches!

I should be nervous for selling books? Explain why.

Actually it says coach/trainer.

I am. I am a personal fitness trainer. LOL! :LOL:

Not in trading. Sorry to disappoint you! I sell books. I was going to include trading books. That's why I signed up on this forum. But as I said before, I'm not too impressed with T2W.

LOL! You trolls just don't give up, do you! Everything is a witchhunt for you, aint it?

I think that most people would agree that the only reason there is a "witch hunt" is because there are witches to be hunted.

If companies and their 'self proclaimed gurus' wouldn't lie, cheat or scam then their wouldn't be any witch hunting. Unfortunately, in this industry there are really very few companies that I have encountered and visited personally that do not. I am really trying VERY hard to get into prop trading or professional sole income trading, the lying and scammy companies are what is making it hard...

So therefore I honestly do think it is the job of these guys or "witch hunters" to investigate. I actually applaud people that take time out of their day to help the uneducated and often gullible people and help protect them from being sold the dream, often spending thousands of pounds and wasting hundreds of hours on a mis-sold dream.

As far as I am concerned the people who try to cover up or patch over the lies that the hunters have found are more often than not aliases of the company trying to protect the lies and scams.

Without people like pboyles, anley, MajorDutch and many more helping to open up the industry and call out the bad eggs then there would have and will be many, many more people taken for a ride.

pboyles, you have to be commended on finding out these firms who have gone bust, but on the other hand what i really wonder is why you are so against the model of paying for training?

does it have anything to do with your experience with Amplify trading a few years ago?

pboyles, you have to be commended on finding out these firms who have gone bust, but on the other hand what i really wonder is why you are so against the model of paying for training?

does it have anything to do with your experience with Amplify trading a few years ago?

I think you can divide these companies into two main groups. Those that are set up to swindle people and those that make a genuine attempt to train people. There have been several companies that set themselves up, operated for a while and then disappeared, I think that was their intention all along.

There are others that make a good faith effort to train people and have been established for a while eg Schneiders, Amp, Futex etc. However the problem remains that all of these companies have a horrendously low success rate for their paid course. Someone was explaining that only a couple of people out of a group of twenty or thirty make it past the training stage and most of them leave within a year.

So my problem with this whole area is twofold, firstly there are way too many crooks involved and secondly even the honest guys are highly unlikely to make you successful.

It's like paying 5 grand to go on the X Factor with the odds of success about the same.

I am just curious as to why you critiscise all the other companies, as looking on numerous forums, you are critiscising almost every other company (LGI, Savi, London Stone, Gtex (granted Gtex have gone bust, so that was a good call)) that is trying to operate in the same space as Amplify, yet not saying anything bad about Amplify (when they are the only company you have ever had any experience with - correct me if i am wrong).

Why i find it strange is that if i had a bad experience in a company that made me believe the industry was one that could not work (ie - yours at amplify) i would first and foremost critiscise them, above anybody else, but you seem to have taken the opposite view, that anybody else trying to break into the industry on a similar model to Amplify is a scam, whereas say nothing bad about them at all. I have looked through their forum and i think at one point you were saying that people should pay them for training as they are professionals and that is the only way to learn, but i have never seen any negative comment from you about them, which is very strange....

It is almost like you want all the other companies to fail except from amplify, when it seems they are the ones you have experience with and failed to make it with.

Ah ha ! Is it P "amplify trading" boyles?

Do we have an insider in our midst ?! :)

what! a witch hunt, on the witch finder general himself!! :eek:

though in his defence, he has mentioned amplify several times, if anyone can be bothered to look that is. but i guess that's boring, and shouting witch more fun :D

burn him!

Pboyles! He is the one causing all the problems. HE is the one who is working for one of the prop companies and spreading angst among the community. HE is the one who started world war I. HE is the one who caused the JPY earthquake. HE is the one who killed the dinosaurs with a meteorite!

CrucibleAccused.jpg