Anyone heard of Sigma Derivatives?

UK2004

This place have been advertising that they are looking for trainee prop traders, anyone heard of them, can't find website or webpage with reference or anything.

Cheers.

I am having the same problem!! If theres anyone out there with some information please share!!!

Thanks

Yes Sigma Derivatives started out at Xconnect but have just moved to the Fortis offices, Crosbie Court at Bishops gate. they are run by Mathew kent, Simon Tyson and Jamie Wilson and have a good selection of experienced traders.
I am not aware that they have a graduate program as thus far they have only taken experienced traders but if they are advertising then they have branched out a bit.

Thanks for that. Seems pretty good. Do you know whether they run dedicated lines to each exchange they've access to? Can't find mention of it on the site

They have dedicated connectivity by default and by virtue of being in the Fortis trading room.
That is to say that they use Fortis's memberships and exchange connectivity to access the markets and that Fortis staff service the Sigma office as part of the commercial arrangement they have.
It is expected that Sigma will, at some time in the future, move out into their own offices when this will change but it would be suicide for them not to have their own exchange memberships and continue with direct connectivity at that stage.

Are you trading out of there Parky?

I met some of their guys at the Sigma stand at the FOW expo, sounds like a decent setup.

I hadnt realised they were so big into analytics before i saw all their brochures

i heard on the grapevine that Sigma did their a-rse for £500k a couple weeks back when everyone got legged up in the spreads over ZEW number :eek: - anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Arbitrageur said:
i heard on the grapevine that Sigma did their a-rse for £500k a couple weeks back when everyone got legged up in the spreads over ZEW number :eek: - anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Arb,
Sorry been away for a little while, No I am not trading out of Sigma but I know the boys that run it and a few of the traders that are there.
As for the Rumour the answer is yes, but I have heard so many different figures ranging from £ 1 million to £ 250K I doubt we will ever get the real story.
In any case they are still trading away so it cant have been too bad.

Parky said:
Arb,
Sorry been away for a little while, No I am not trading out of Sigma but I know the boys that run it and a few of the traders that are there.
As for the Rumour the answer is yes, but I have heard so many different figures ranging from £ 1 million to £ 250K I doubt we will ever get the real story.
In any case they are still trading away so it cant have been too bad.

yeah, in the scheme of things that sorta cash across a big group of traders isnt really too significant. still a pain in the ass for the individual traders tho

I know this was long ago but What does that mean?

What that means is that Sigma have the worst risk management in the business and hence they are currently in a mess. They did their nuts in Aug last year, and since then have been shafting traders and employees left right and centre. Don't go near them. And this comes from personal experience, not random hearsay!

how bad did they "do their nuts in"? so the mess comes from poor trading coupled with bad risk management?