Anyone heard of Savi Trading?

Block_king

Saw a firm I have never heard of advertising on efinancial careers called Savi trading. Anyone know anything about them? Sound like somewhere where you get charged to learn to trade, but could be wrong.

Savi Trading

TF

Yep, no different.

Playing pro football at the highest level is no different from being a top trader, ie there are 1,000,0001 people who want but only about 5,000 in the world.

Most of these courses suggest you can be one of the 5,000 :)

Yeah I thought it wasn't kosher thanks for reading it a bit more thoroughly. Hopefully anyone considering doing their course reads this thread.

Yeah I thought it wasn't kosher thanks for reading it a bit more thoroughly. Hopefully anyone considering doing their course reads this thread.

Never suggested it wasn't on the level. Nothing wrong with paying for an eductaion. However, people should do their due diligence before handing over any cash. IMO, I would make enquiries beyond the virtual world because opinions [here] can be biased, and identities hidden. So, do your due diligence thoroughly! :smart:

damn I ve just wasted my 224kb my download capacity on mobie broadband while downloading their pdf from email, should have ask TF first

They're another one of these train you to trade firms. Alond with Amplify, Headway and the (allegedly bankrupt) TCA Markets. Nothing wrong with paying to learn, but they do seem like an easy option for the company in that they need not risk a penny of their capital whilst taking £3500 of yours.

They're another one of these train you to trade firms. Alond with Amplify, Headway and the (allegedly bankrupt) TCA Markets. Nothing wrong with paying to learn, but they do seem like an easy option for the company in that they need not risk a penny of their capital whilst taking £3500 of yours.

Regrettably I was foolish enough to part hard earned cash with one of the aforementioned - a company that has recieved mixed reviews here; some very promising from alledged traders on the programme...

At the firm I was with I performed very well on the sim, and well enough on the live market to make a consistent return but only very slightly... many of the other traders faired not so well, and infact 6 months on some are still sticking it out on the simulator with constant promises of being able to go live very soon.

If you want training on how to trade, have relatively deep pockets and are too lazy to search the internet for articles and read a few decent books then these courses provide an expensive time consuming alternative.

If you are serious about trading and are looking for a floor position then do some homework and apply to firms that offer on-floor training and do not charge, more often then not a firm that needs to charge often means they are undercapitalized and are not successful at trading themselves, or else why would they need to charge.

Just my opinion of course, make of it what you will, but be realistic. It is easy to let your imagination run a little far at times and the "mentors" at these firms are a perfect compliment to wishful thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regrettably I was foolish enough to part hard earned cash with one of the aforementioned - a company that has recieved mixed reviews here; some very promising from alledged traders on the programme...

At the firm I was with I performed very well on the sim, and well enough on the live market to make a consistent return but only very slightly... many of the other traders faired not so well, and infact 6 months on some are still sticking it out on the simulator with constant promises of being able to go live very soon.

If you want training on how to trade, have relatively deep pockets and are too lazy to search the internet for articles and read a few decent books then these courses provide an expensive time consuming alternative.

If you are serious about trading and are looking for a floor position then do some homework and apply to firms that offer on-floor training and do not charge, more often then not a firm that needs to charge often means they are undercapitalized and are not successful at trading themselves, or else why would they need to charge.

Just my opinion of course, make of it what you will, but be realistic. It is easy to let your imagination run a little far at times and the "mentors" at these firms are a perfect compliment to wishful thinking.

name names please. As for "get savvy" choose savi trading... ffs:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree. Not familiar with Savi, but hard to tell how vested they are in seeing you succeed. I think there's better learning resources out there than for what they offer.

im going to the open night June 8th...
Hate the fact that they want money up fron 3.5k and that they give you 1k a month as a stop loss (kicks you out) but seems like an easy way of getting in a firm and getting acess to monies

name names please. As for "get savvy" choose savi trading... ffs:rolleyes:

My comments were not targetted at Savi - just to clear that up.

I've done some due dillegence on Savi recently and they do have some very experienced traders working with them trading very respectable size, they also are very upfront and 'fair' when it comes to what is expected and how size/limits are raised, this is in complete contrast to one of their rivals that will keep you on a 1 lot regardless of how well you do before you eventually get frustrated, perhaps have a couple of down days and it is back to the sim, depsite perhaps having an account that is up a few grand already - with savi you would actually be on 3-4 lots by that time.

Anyone been to one of the opendays?

I'm going next week so just wanted to know if I should bother.

same amar, my thinking is dont bother as i dont really want to pay to join a firm if its not gauranteed to be succesful but why not check it out

Guys, I wondered if anyone is on training course with Savi Trading? What's your opinion about the company? Is it true what they say? ( different trading style from major prop trading houses, refund the course fee if you don't make 5K within 4 months or so, etc.). What's the chance of getting a job within their hedge fund after their course? What if you fail to meet the target ( whether on sim or live)- you won't get backed at all or only until you meet the target?

They're another one of these train you to trade firms. Alond with Amplify, Headway and the (allegedly bankrupt) TCA Markets. .

Speaking of Headway, what happening with them? I've just been on their website and they seems to have problems. Tried the phone number and it constantly engaged!:eek:

Guys, I wondered if anyone is on training course with Savi Trading? What's your opinion about the company? Is it true what they say? ( different trading style from major prop trading houses, refund the course fee if you don't make 5K within 4 months or so, etc.). What's the chance of getting a job within their hedge fund after their course? What if you fail to meet the target ( whether on sim or live)- you won't get backed at all or only until you meet the target?

Call them and ask them all this. If you're paying them for a course I'm sure they would be willing to talk to you.

I have heard good stuff about SAVI from some people in the city. Up and coming ambitious young firm. I don't work there or have anything to do with them by the way.

Headway Trading finished in January. James Woodhead(who run it) asked the remote traders for the next months subscriptions and then shut up shop. Looks like he learnt well at TCA!!!