Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

hi Captain,

great system, great thread.

Understand that this is not a mechanical system - there is 'market knowledge' required and awareness of recent market behaviour, news etc which also influence the decision whether to take a 3D signal or not.

Could you give example scenarios
- where the ducks are lined up, but you decide not to trade, or
- where the ducks are not lined up, but you decide to trade

Thanks
AxleZack

Hello AxleZack,

If the ducks are not lined up I'm not trading, simple as. If a currency pair i.e. eur.usd had moved up by +150 pips then did a rectracment that cause price to move back below the 5 min sma. If price then crossed back above the 5 min sma that day technically all our ducks are lined up once again but the move may be excausted so I would not trade.

Andy

Hi Captain,

thanks for sending the system again.

This morning after reading through it again I decided the three ducks were prime buyers on Cable. Managed 34 pips profit in ten minutes or less, lost my bottle and got out. lol.

Will be braver next time and go for 35 !!!!!!!!!!

Hello Captain
Please could you send me the ebook. I've already emailed you, as per your blog.
Cheers
Sam

Hello AxleZack,

If the ducks are not lined up I'm not trading, simple as. If a currency pair i.e. eur.usd had moved up by +150 pips then did a rectracment that cause price to move back below the 5 min sma. If price then crossed back above the 5 min sma that day technically all our ducks are lined up once again but the move may be excausted so I would not trade.

Andy

Hi Captain

I've been looking for these trades for a while, and kicked myself for several mornings whilst watching and not making pips.

So finally pulled the trigger this morning - Yen pairs looked best set ups for me, so took 30 pips on GBP/JPY; not my favourite pair by any means.

This may just work for me...............

I'll try and post chart but just incase I can't do it

Entry 15162
Exit 15192

Martin

£y 22.10.09.gif

good. am mike, completed Captain currency 1 on 1 tutorial, i will only be posting the trades as i take them,

here are 3 ducks trades. EURUSD buy:1.5065, STOP AT 1.5035, TGT AT 1.5095
USDJPY: BUY :92.21 STOP AT 91.91 TGT AT 92.51

here are 3 ducks trades. EURUSD buy:1.5065, STOP AT 1.5035, TGT AT 1.5095
USDJPY: BUY :92.21 STOP AT 91.91 TGT AT 92.51

I'm pretty sure that you need to learn how to use the system - what are they? Just looklike buy orders at day highs.
I'm sure that I cannot be the only one confused:confused:

I'm pretty sure that you need to learn how to use the system - what are they? Just looklike buy orders at day highs.
I'm sure that I cannot be the only one confused:confused:

I too have been looking at the 3 Ducks System. My understanding from what I have read is that it is best used between 7am and 4pm GMT, so when i have been looking at set-ups i've used the most recent high before 7am.

I can see where the 92.21 entry comes from, but that high comes from the overnight price. Personally I would use the high of 91.95 hit at 6am, then again at 7.40am. Then it depends on whether you'd enter on a 'live' candle or a closed. If live you'd have gone long in the 12.05pm candle, but if using closed prices only you may have just gone long at 13.05pm.

I am not saying there is a right and wrong, just passing on my thoughts. I've only been reviewing this strategy for a short while, so am watching this thread with interest.

Cable buy trigger at 1.6425 confirmed at over recent high of 1.6437 at 06:45
Only question is whether to wait for the confirmation befor actioning?
Additional information M5 EMA25 pulling away from the EMA50 at that point also.
Watching!

Cable buy trigger at 1.6425 confirmed at over recent high of 1.6437 at 06:45
Only question is whether to wait for the confirmation befor actioning?
Additional information M5 EMA25 pulling away from the EMA50 at that point also.
Watching!

Aspex
I hope you got in at that, unfortunately I was busy dithering over whether to get in 'late' on a long signal given by Sniper at 1.6409 last night and hadn't really checked the 3 ducks set up. An easy 100 pips missed. :mad:

I did however take a quick 30 pips on GBP/CHF this morning on a 3 ducks trade going long at 1.6870 at around 7am, after the 6.15 high of 1.6865. Albeit I may have got out too soon, with it curently trading at 1.6930 and looking good for more.

Just entered a short on USD/CAD at 1.06059 following a break of the 1.6030 low just after midday, but part of me is telling me i should have waited until the clearer low of 1.0595 from an hour earlier was breached.

Views anyone ?

Yep, may have been a tad hasty, so gonna keep the stop fairly tight at the last minor swing high of 1.0631 at 1.15pm rather than the wider, more natural stop at 1.0640.

Also, as you know, there's market moving data out 1500 today. I'm never sure how to play these since there's data out every day! I'm watching for an entry arounf 1.6005

I hope nobody's gonna post spammy in morse code.. that would make us mods crazy :confused:

Its not a spammy. I was bored and wrote in Morse`a (Does anyone know how to set up alrams for 3 ducks system in MT4 ) because I could not find it in the thread.
There is no need for this CU?NT zupcon calling anyone names.

And I gave you a perfectly polite response in morse code.... except you couldnt read it !

I find that quite amusing :LOL:

beside that I provided you with a clue, but you ve decided to withold the key,
no need to be so enigmatic matey
I thought is just a drunken mumbling
and on the end you call the police WTF!

anyways off topic now
What do you think Zupcon about EUR/USD? Are the 3 ducks lined up for short/long now, for today tommorow?