Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Sorry to hear about last couple of years, Captain.
Good to see you're still about though.

Are you looking to revise / improve the method, or abandon it entirely?

I really liked your method, and as per NVP, think its a good intro for beginners to start dipping their toes.
Are you getting bad results across all markets, or just some?

Hope you had a great Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

I really liked your method, and as per NVP, think its a good intro for beginners to start dipping their toes.

Ehh up Trendie, good to see you too.

It is good for beginners because as you know the poor buggers need all the help they can get …. Back in 2007 when I first put the 3 Ducks out there it was more intended to keep traders out of trouble by giving them somewhat of a safety plan.

Going forward and like I mentioned to NVP in the above post, I'm at a stage where I'm craving a bit of free will, freedom from strategies to take on markets that are trending, reversing or going sideways. All of course while managing risk firstly!

Andy
Captain Currency

Thanks Captain for all your efforts in teaching this method,it certainly helped me on my trading journey using the concepts taught.Im sure you’ll be back better than ever in what ever endeavour you pursue in the future.Cheers Mate I’ll raise a pint of Guinness to you here in Aussie.

Evolve as the roach said to the dinasour.

spot.on.t2w.png

Evolve indeed Pat, the Fx market is more temperamental than I’ve ever seen it. Markets will catch us followers out more often than before, daring us to engage, the set-ups, the stop-loss that has now become even more vulnerable than before, the profit-target that’s now at “odds” with a positive risk versus reward ratio.

Learning to trade broadly rather than deeply may be required from now on my friend …

Andy
Captain Currency

View attachment 275096
Evolve indeed Pat, the Fx market is more temperamental than I’ve ever seen it. Markets will catch us followers out more often than before, daring us to engage, the set-ups, the stop-loss that has now become even more vulnerable than before, the profit-target that’s now at “odds” with a positive risk versus reward ratio.

Learning to trade broadly rather than deeply may be required from now on my friend …

Andy
Captain Currency

yep its certainly more difficult than it used to be .....still possible though

@Captain Currency

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your system, it's very helpful.

Though I have to say, for better or worse, I use just 2 Ducks H1 & H4 for direction, with M15 123's patterns for entry (regardless of their relationship to the 3rd Duck). I've automated everything with Python, and I'm currently forward testing. So far using Ducks is the best method I can find for getting the right trade direction. We will see how it plays out longer term, but it seems positive so far after 3 weeks - too early to be certain though I imagine!

@Captain Currency I did read in another thread you were automating your system. How is that going?

In case it's of interest, here's a little update on my Python Bot that trades M15 123's, with Two Ducks H1/H4 for direction.

After about 5.5 wks of forward testing (with Oanda), and 86 trades, total profit is £270. Which is also about 10% if each trade was at 1% risk. It was looking better, though last week drawdown was around 5%. Hopefully I can improve my stop strategy to help limit drawdown a bit more.

FWIW, the Bot doesn't take every 123 setup, there are various filters in place to attempt to get better results. I'm also AB testing other bots with different SL, Exit/TP strategies. I only forward test at the moment, and can't conclude too much yet with so few results, but so far so good. I'll try and setup some backtesting when I have more time for coding.

I really like the Ducks though, very useful for keeping the right side of the market!
two_ducks_M15_16072023.png