Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

My charting system doesnt have a 4hr option. I have monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, 30minutes, 15minutes, 5minutes and single minutes available.

Can I replace the 4hrs by the daily option?

ie use "daily" as my first duck, 15minutes as my second duck, and 5minutes as my third duck.

Hi Aspex,

HOUSE RULES:

1) Post the 4hr, 1hr and 5min charts with sma's.

2) Tell me what you see and what your thinking.

3) Tell me your potential enteries, exits and stop-loss location.

Makes it a 100 times easiers and more educational for me and the others to be able to discuss the Ducks. :smart:

Andy

1. 4hr above the SMA60
2. 1hr above the SMA60
3. 5m above the SMA60 and has just risen above its previous high.
(At this point my apology as my live graphing for 5min will not let me go back more than 2 days but entry so I am using the 15min)
Entry 1.6175 Stop for me 1.6080
Does that seem OK or am I too tight?
Not knowing the subsequent dip back to 1.624 would a wider stop be appropriate?
Sorry my ability to post graphs is limited.

CC
Here is a go for the charts.
Crossed fingers and toes

Attachments

• chart4hr.png
    chart4hr.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 161
  • chart1hr.png
    chart1hr.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 165
  • chart15m.png
    chart15m.png
    25 KB · Views: 162
Hi Aspex,

Thanks for making the effort to post your 3 charts. It helps if you can draw lines, arrows and write some text on the charts, otherwise I haven't got a clue what your asking me :eek: (the more info the better).

Your trade seems to be ok, all 3 ducks lined up on gbp.usd. (y)

Andy.

USDCHF 3ducks at 05:50 GMT price 1.0823.
Current price 1.0880
I am not sure what the stop should be?

CC Have you any reason not to trade this pair?

USDCHF 3ducks at 05:50 GMT price 1.0823.
Current price 1.0880
I am not sure what the stop should be?

CC Have you any reason not to trade this pair?

OK I now see the EURUSD would have been just as good anyway.

Possible Cable 3Ds at 0930GMT after the latest UK figures out
Entry 1.6370?

House Rules

House Rules​

If you want to follow The 3 Duck’s Trading System you need to read the e-book firstly. It will take you about 1 hr to read and its available for free on The Captain Currency blog: Captain Currency

Don’t post questions regarding how the system works because when you take the time to read the e-book and apply it to your charts all the answers to your questions regarding this system are in the e-book. :whistling

After you read the e-book, read posts number 821 and 823 as these will help you also.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/771888-post821.html :smart:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/771994-post823.html :smart:

When you know how the system works, feel free to partake and discuss possible trade set-ups using The 3 Ducks Trading System with your fellow traders on the T2W forum.
:clap::clap::clap:

For trade set-up discussions you need to:

Post a screen shot of the 4hr, 1hr and 5min chart.
Write what you are seeing on the charts, i.e. Price is above all sma’s, Trend is strong/flat :rolleyes:
What does the last 10 candles look like on the 1hr chart (bullish/bearish/doji) :-0

Say what your potential trade set-up is along with entry price, stop-loss price and possible target price.

This way other traders know exactly what you are looking at and they can discus your trades with you.
(y)(y)(y)

for some reason i stopped getting emails for update to this form so am just suscribing again

4 hour charts

Hi, Captain

I have your excellent 3 ducks trading system. I cant find any four hour charts on ig indx sb platform so i can follow your system. Where can I get these?

Thanks

Diane

Yes I like the look of this system. do you know where you can get good free charting for forex, one that would contain moving averages and the timeframes you talk about?

Yes I like the look of this system. do you know where you can get good free charting for forex, one that would contain moving averages and the timeframes you talk about?

Look at FXPro or ODL Mt4. Jist type any of these 2 into google

Ged:D

Look at FXPro or ODL Mt4. Jist type any of these 2 into google

Ged:D

hi gedward/people

re the SB versus brokerage thing, i too would like to get set up to use such 4 hr charts and sma's and all sorts but wish to remain trading on th SB plaftorm i use for a variety of reasons..this hinders the 4 hour and sma setup though..

could you or someone point me in the right direction as to how i can do this ie: get the bells and whistles of Metatrader say and a feed for nowt and still trade with my SB firm..

would opening a brokerage demo account be enough?

if so any advice on which is best and how i go about setting Metatrader up etc..

which brokerage's demo accounts supply realtime feeds or do they all?

cheers

carlos

hi gedward/people

re the SB versus brokerage thing, i too would like to get set up to use such 4 hr charts and sma's and all sorts but wish to remain trading on th SB plaftorm i use for a variety of reasons..this hinders the 4 hour and sma setup though..

could you or someone point me in the right direction as to how i can do this ie: get the bells and whistles of Metatrader say and a feed for nowt and still trade with my SB firm..

would opening a brokerage demo account be enough?

if so any advice on which is best and how i go about setting Metatrader up etc..

which brokerage's demo accounts supply realtime feeds or do they all?

cheers

carlos

Hi,

As i said in an earlier post you can regisetr with ODL or FXpro and when your free
trial runs out you just create a new account with them.

As for MT4 its just trial and error. It is pretty straight forward and after a couple of days using it you should be ok.

Search on T2W and theres a small thread about tips on how to use it.

Here s the user guide which should be enough. You can still use you SB broker and
use the MT4 CHarts. Probably better as that will confirm what your seeing with your SB broker anyway so you have a form of reference if you see a spike.

Forex Trading Software: MetaTrader User Guides - Support

Ged

Hi,

As i said in an earlier post you can regisetr with ODL or FXpro and when your free
trial runs out you just create a new account with them.

As for MT4 its just trial and error. It is pretty straight forward and after a couple of days using it you should be ok.

Search on T2W and theres a small thread about tips on how to use it.

Here s the user guide which should be enough. You can still use you SB broker and
use the MT4 CHarts. Probably better as that will confirm what your seeing with your SB broker anyway so you have a form of reference if you see a spike.

Forex Trading Software: MetaTrader User Guides - Support

Ged

thanks ged.. in the meantime i downloaded mt4 and opened a demo at alpari..

feed appears realtime. al i need to do now is work out the time settings for uk etc.. ad then proabably another 1000 things.. i'll take a look at the link thanks

thanks ged.. in the meantime i downloaded mt4 and opened a demo at alpari..

feed appears realtime. al i need to do now is work out the time settings for uk etc.. ad then proabably another 1000 things.. i'll take a look at the link thanks

Alpari's fine if you are just trading forex, but if you need other instruments along with forex, ie indices and commodities, try odl as they have these as well on their mt4 platform.