Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

I think what's missing here is that most people don't have the Captain Currency "The Real Secrets to the 3 Ducks System – (what I couldn’t tell you openly)" book.

Without it, you're unlikely to decode the deeply esoteric and occult green code which he obliquely alludes to in the manual deliberately made apparently easy simply to mislead the profane.

For anyone who feels they need to interpret or read between the lines, let me help you out here.

FFS RTFM.

Going quackers

I think what's missing here is that most people don't have the Captain Currency "The Real Secrets to the 3 Ducks System – (what I couldn’t tell you openly)" book.

Ah Ha !!! I knew that there was more ! :rolleyes:

FFS RTFM.

In all seriousness Bramble, for myself, it's not that I haven't read the manual, or that I don't understand the words. It's just that sometimes charts don't fall in to the kind of straightforward "look" that there is in the book. I have tried to use some common sense about this but as a relative newb, I realise that I may not have the judgement or experience that others like you and Andy have. That's why I have posted. I'm not being lazy or willfully stupid, I just want to make sure that I've got things straight.

It's great that Andy has written his ebook, made it freely available, AND that he is here when he can and answers our questions. So I'm very grateful to him and others like you that answer here.

I will take time out over the weekend to study the latest postings here and look at the book and my charts again.

On a slightly different subject, I assume that the Captain's trading profits go to the legitimate purchase of a suitable refuge for them ... somewhere like this perhaps ! :cheesy:

All the best,

Reler

http://sitefinity.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/screenshot001.jpg

The ebook says: "We
would now be looking to buy when prices move above the
last high ( two candles to the left with lower wicks and two
candles to the right with lower wicks) on the 5 min chart."

The Q is: Is it essential or absolutely necessary for those two candles on the left and similar two candles to the right to have lower wicks than the fifth candle in the middle? What if the one in the middle has no upper wick, while the remaining 4 candles look as described?

Don`t get me wrong I am just reading the MANUAL, which says explicitly as above. Please dont ignore me.

Without it, you're unlikely to decode the deeply esoteric and occult green code which he obliquely alludes to in the manual deliberately made apparently easy simply to mislead the profane.

I have to use Dictionary.com every time you speak.

:clover:Jaysus Reler could things be any more aisy? Yer no ordinary eejit ar ya? Sur yill be a great little trader in no time just like me and that aul fellah thebrambles. Just fallooo the bleedin ducks, there brillo, tellin ye. :clover:

Good Weekend to all,

Andy

The Q is: Is it essential or absolutely necessary for those two candles on the left and similar two candles to the right to have lower wicks than the fifth candle in the middle? YES, it wouldnt be a high otherwise What if the one in the middle has no upper wick, while the remaining 4 candles look as described? If a candle has no upper wick then its open or close is the highest it got, I know as Im writing this is going to confuse you even more! Seriously mate have a look over some of Steve Nisons material over the weekend, he is Mr Candlestick. If you can identify candlesticks, open, high, low close you will have no probs identifying highs and lows on a chart

Andy

The ebook says: "We
would now be looking to buy when prices move above the
last high ( two candles to the left with lower wicks and two
candles to the right with lower wicks) on the 5 min chart."

Don`t get me wrong I am just reading the MANUAL, which says explicitly as above. Please dont ignore me.

Yep the above is correct blancspa, it just your lack of understanding of highs/lows thats holding you back at this point in time.

Identifying highs/lows on a chart is fairly straigh forward when you educate yourself on candlestick. Basically a high must have atleast two candles to the left with lower or equal wicks and two candles to the right with lower or equal wicks (opposite for a low)
But you need to get a basic understaning of this for yourself :smart:

Andy

Nisson and his candlesticks, put me in trouble at uni few years back, when I started argue with prof that futures were traded in Japan about few hundreds years before USA was even on a map. The book has value.

As for my Q: take a peak at me chart CC.
1,2, and 4 highs have the middle candlestick higher than the 2 to the left and the 2 to the right. But what about 3? The candlestick in between is lower that those 2 on both sides.
Is this still higher high?

Because ebook says......

Attachments

• 5min.gif
    5min.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 190
Ok Blancspa this is the last question Im answering for you on candles, highs and lows.

If your intending to trade or use any system its criminal if you dont have a basic understanding of the above stuff.

The answer to your above question is Yes it is a high, the evidence are on the attached pic.

Andy

Attachments

• high.jpg
    high.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 214
Ah Ha !!! I knew that there was more ! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness Bramble, for myself, it's not that I haven't read the manual, or that I don't understand the words. It's just that sometimes charts don't fall in to the kind of straightforward "look" that there is in the book. I have tried to use some common sense about this but as a relative newb, I realise that I may not have the judgement or experience that others like you and Andy have. That's why I have posted. I'm not being lazy or willfully stupid, I just want to make sure that I've got things straight.

It's great that Andy has written his ebook, made it freely available, AND that he is here when he can and answers our questions. So I'm very grateful to him and others like you that answer here.

I will take time out over the weekend to study the latest postings here and look at the book and my charts again.

On a slightly different subject, I assume that the Captain's trading profits go to the legitimate purchase of a suitable refuge for them ... somewhere like this perhaps ! :cheesy:

All the best,

Reler
It wasn't a pop at you mate. Or anyone specific.

CC has laid bare the core of a system which will stand you in good stead.

It's simplicity is both its strength and its weakness.

If you look at what CC is really pointing out to you, you'll not believe the obvious.

Most folk will try and 'improve' simplicty to make it 'better'.

You've got both the core of a system to work with and the many caveats that have been highlighted where you must do you own research, make your own judgement, and look beyond what is provided.

But I'll tell you this - even if you did nothing else than follow the basic instructions given - bollox to any judgement or further research or experience - but simply followed the outline provided, with sensible money management, you'd do better than most.

Hey, CC & Co

I was wondering if some of you are availible to trade during the week
I was sort of hoping that I could disscuss my entry points and exit points with you guys, using the 3 ducks strategy sort of combined with mine, here on the T2W forum.

Regards,

STRTRADA

cc am a newbie still learning can you answer a question regarding blanc chart what would be the entry and exit more important the entry

Ok Blancspa this is the last question Im answering for you on candles, highs and lows.

If your intending to trade or use any system its criminal if you dont have a basic understanding of the above stuff.

The answer to your above question is Yes it is a high, the evidence are on the attached pic.

Andy

cc am a newbie still learning can you answer a question regarding blanc chart what would be the entry and exit more important the entry

Hello Maq,

Apperciate your a newbie. Here is the deal, firstly you need to read The 3 Duck's Trading System ebook, it will take you about an hour to read and its avaible for free on The Captain Currency blog. Secondly, after you read the ebook. go to post number 821 and 823, these post will make sence with a bit of Duck knowledge.

The "problem" me and a few of the other kind senior members are having is, a newbie asks a question in say January, we answer it as best we can, then another similar question gets asked by a newer newbie in March :(

All the facts are in the ebook with an extra bit of information on posts 821 and 823.

If you dont know what a high, low, higher high, higher low, lower low, lower high or a candlestick is you wont find the answer in The 3 Duck's Trading System ebook - Thats not the purpose of the book.

Its a bit pointless asking me where you should enter based on a random 5 min chart because its all relative to what else is happing - Like the 4hr chart, 1hr chart, trend, no trend, bullish or bearish candles on the 1hr chart, indecision candles on the 1hr chart, news, time of day, sentiment etc.

If that sounds a bit harsh, its not ment to be. Study the ebook, apply it to the charts, observe what is happening, repeat, repeat, repeat. Experience is King!

Free free to keep posting, put the 4hr,1hr and 5 min chart on an attachment, tell me what you thinking and Ile give you a straigh answer.

Andy.

Hey, CC & Co

I was wondering if some of you are availible to trade during the week
I was sort of hoping that I could disscuss my entry points and exit points with you guys, using the 3 ducks strategy sort of combined with mine, here on the T2W forum.

Regards,

STRTRADA

If its not 99% The 3 Ducks I cant comment on it, if it is 99% The 3 Ducks then go for it,

You suppy the 4hr, 1hr and 5 min chart on an attachment. Tell me what you see, tell me what your thinking, tell me where you could possibly take a position from, tell me your target and if I have time Ile comment on it.

Andy

cc their are 107 pages and yes i can understand you been miffed about answering the same question again i don't blame you and you are a good kind member here

thank you and i will look up the post you suggested

It wasn't a pop at you mate. Or anyone specific.

CC has laid bare the core of a system which will stand you in good stead.

It's simplicity is both its strength and its weakness.

If you look at what CC is really pointing out to you, you'll not believe the obvious.

Most folk will try and 'improve' simplicty to make it 'better'.

You've got both the core of a system to work with and the many caveats that have been highlighted where you must do you own research, make your own judgement, and look beyond what is provided.

But I'll tell you this - even if you did nothing else than follow the basic instructions given - bollox to any judgement or further research or experience - but simply followed the outline provided, with sensible money management, you'd do better than most.

I think the problem with some people looking at this is that they are looking at it too deeply and are unable to see the obvious. Therefore to them it isn't obvious at all.
Things to consider (I think) are trend, momentum, hourly breakout (what's the 5 min chart really showing you - where is the previous swing high and low?). Add S/R (i.e. don't go long into resistance etc) and you'll not go far wrong.

I think the problem with some people looking at this is that they are looking at it too deeply and are unable to see the obvious. Therefore to them it isn't obvious at all.
Things to consider (I think) are trend, momentum, hourly breakout (what's the 5 min chart really showing you - where is the previous swing high and low?). Add S/R (i.e. don't go long into resistance etc) and you'll not go far wrong.

Would you like to elaborate on this? You could PM me.