Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

In case you're wondering what's new in the latest version of Xenforo, I've listed here what I think might be of interest to members:
  • New Suggestion, Article and Question style forums
  • Updated rich text editor
  • User profile banners
  • Username change requests
  • Search forums (means we can display related threads from across different forums in a new forum)
  • Writing before registering support
  • Progressive web app
  • Activity summary emails (possible replacement for our newsletter format)
  • Style archive import and export
  • REST API additions
  • Profile post attachments

And we're back up and running!

I ran into an issue with the icon set we were using, so I've had to use a different set for now, I'll try to figure it out over the next few days and iron out any other glitches I find. Anything else strange please report it here.

Good job on the upgrades. (y)
The "Search" function when using keywords seems not to be in any specific order.
Just as an example, if I wanted to post on the "What are you watching" thread, the results seem to be in no obvious order.
Ideally, they should be sortable in "last posted to" order.
Is this a "feature"?
t2w-search.PNG

Thanks @trendie - looking now, the results don't seem to be ideal. So I'm performing a re-index now, should take about 10 minutes max. Let's see if that makes it any better. In terms of ordering, it's currently done by relevance which is kind of subjective, but you can order by date and other ways via the Advanced Search on Threads. I do think it's one of the few areas that vBulletin handled better, perhaps it'll get an upgrade in due course.

What about the black theme so overdue ?! 😉 Don’t want to pressurise you @Sharky but its arrival is more expected than the comeback of Jesus ! 🤪

What about the black theme so overdue ?! 😉 Don’t want to pressurise you @Sharky but its arrival is more expected than the comeback of Jesus ! 🤪
Haha, not long to wait now.. half term and the kids got a bit in the way, but it's almost ready for the limelight, just need to tweak the colours now. Should be live in the next few days.

@Sharky I was using your dark theme up to today,but switched to white one.It is hard to read red letters on dark gray...The rest is ok.

@Sharky I was using your dark theme up to today,but switched to white one.It is hard to read red letters on dark gray...The rest is ok.
I didn't realise it was selectable yet :ROFLMAO: nevermind, so you can probably test drive it from the button at the bottom left that says T2W and change this to T2W Dark, or via your profile settings. Thanks for the feedback, I know what you mean about the links, I might try making them white or a lighter red colour. It's easy enough to tweak.

is this a bug or a limit on ignoring members?

if the later, then why?
Screenshot_20201119_064818.jpg

As you'll have seen from the site wide notice, I'll be bringing the site down for up to an hour tonight to upgrade our forum software to the latest version. As always, will try and keep the disruption to a minimum. Thank's all!

Sorry new_trader somehow overlooked your earlier question. You’re right we upgraded the forum and the modification we made was lost. There’s a big upgrade coming shortly, I’ll wait for that before applying the mod again.

Hey CavaliereVerde, welcome to T2W. It is indeed Xenforo, and imho the best forum software available today. We were on vbulletin before that. Yes, 2001 I set up the forum, I think only EliteTrader is older than us and still going. Seen it all over the years!

Wen fix?

And we're back up.. all went smoothly.. thanks for your patience all!
Hi Sharky,
Thanks for a great forum and new home for Darwin vets.

I have a slight problem with the display quivering when scrolled to a certain position (see attached short video).
It only happens when at position shown. Stops if scrolled down a bit. Just wondering if I am the only user experiencing this.
Problem goes back before latest upgrades. Accessing via Chrome browser and Windows. Minor annoyance, post is just for information purposes.

Attachments

2.2 MB · Views: 144
Apologies for the outages today, I suspect we're under DDOS attack. I've enabled our CloudFlare protection so you'll probably get some javascript challenge when you first access the site. I'll leave this on until the attack subsides.

Apologies for the outages today, I suspect we're under DDOS attack. I've enabled our CloudFlare protection so you'll probably get some javascript challenge when you first access the site. I'll leave this on until the attack subsides.
I got the site down error for a few minutes.
Good luck with the defending of the site.