T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
Just a heads-up, the new version of the forum software we now use (Xenforo) has just been released and we'll be upgrading shortly, probably next week. The major features include:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
^ reminder of some of the enhancements rolling out in tonight's Friday's update.

Last edited:

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
I'm planning on adding a new tools section to the site as a way to help me learn Python (you've been following my journal, right?!). Think trading calculators, that sort of thing. I'm wondering what to start with (simple?) and whether there are any online (or offline) tools/calculators that people use regularly (or infrequently) that would be good to include?

Reactions: Trader333

trendie

Legendary member
6,089 975
Do you mean like Trading Calendars? showing major news events for the coming week.
(bit like Worex Wactory :) )

edit: are smelly currencies to be found at Olforex Olfactory?

cbrads

Experienced member
1,188 264
I'm planning on adding a new tools section to the site as a way to help me learn Python (you've been following my journal, right?!). Think trading calculators, that sort of thing. I'm wondering what to start with (simple?) and whether there are any online (or offline) tools/calculators that people use regularly (or infrequently) that would be good to include?
How about a Compound Interest/Amortization calculator?

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
Yes, that sort of thing.
Wonder if you could do a sort of ticker-tape running at bottom of page showing "NFP due in next hour" or some-such.
Helps to plan the day, or remind of red-news days, etc.
That's actually a really good idea as well, as you say it would need to be integrated in the main site, so some sort of forum plug-in. I'll give it some thought.

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
We now display user activity on the forums and threads. So you can see, at any moment, who's currently viewing a forum and thread, as per the screenshots below:

On the forum list
(note the numbers viewing after the forum title)

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 13.00.39.png

On the thread list (below the page navigation)

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 13.00.07.png

On a thread itself (below the quick reply box)

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 13.00.26.png

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
I've updated user titles (the one under your username in your post eg. Active member) to better reflect your activity on the site (before it was simply, Junior, (Regular) and Senior Member). It's based on post count and includes the following levels:
  • Established member
  • Experienced member
  • Veteran member
  • Legendary member
I'm not at liberty to reveal the numbers, but I can say there are 39 members who have achieved Legendary status.

Sharky

Admin
5,521 281
I've cleaned up the New to Trading forum, when we moved to the new forum software, the permission changed and members were able to post new threads there when they shouldn't have. So I've restricted the forum again and now all the FAQs are in plain sight. I'll be doing more cleaning up across the forums, and particularly the sticky threads in the coming weeks.