T2W Forex Contest - Week 2 (Prize: Apple TV)

I was just burned using ForexDesk.
Entered long Aud/usd with a 78 pip Stop, automatically closed at -2 pips. Opened a second Aud/usd long, automatically closed at -2 pips.

Opened a third long Aud/usd position without a Stop, has stayed opened.
Had opened Usd/cad short position with a StopLoss, it opened with no problems.

(n)

That's me f*cked anyway, still can't close any positions out.

We've now fixed these issues. So, if you spot anything else strange, let us know right away. Thanks for your patience!

There's only 1 day of trading left, but there's still time to enter to win the Apple TV. Find out how:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-competitions/125834-t2w-forex-contest-week-2-prize-apple-tv.html

Also don't forget you could win a nifty little 8gb USB drive just by making a suggestion at http://feedback.forexdesk.com. Full instructions here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w...test-week-2-prize-apple-tv-2.html#post1565092

With just 2 people having posted their suggestions, odds on winning are pretty good.

Today's rankings are as follows:

leaderboard-thurs.jpg

Sharky,

I've not been able to make a trade for 24hrs. I hope you're not paying the tech guys too much money. Anyway, good luck with the "gremlins".

Kim... now all fixed! It was a bit more complicated than you could imagine! =)

Text book strategy of cutting losses and letting winners run and not maxing out with margin managing risk is working out well.

Keeping it around 80% margin - touched 50% once or twice scalping.

Don't know why Kimo'Sabby dropped out of the list - I had him in my targets too...

CV you fired up yet? :cheesy:

SuperSpurs - you've gone from 44 - 58K and back... I sense a lot of volatility there. One bad turn and big margin trades can get wiped out quicker than you can catch a falling knife. (y)

You guys are lucky I don't need any more television sets... :cool:

Don't know why Kimo'Sabby dropped out of the list - I had him in my targets too...

'Glitches', can't trade a platform full of glitches, especially when they wipe 50% of your profits out.

Besides, i wanna see who's on the make from now on. I also wanna see who should be making more. I've got high expectations for some, i hope i'm not dissapointed.

Good luck mate.

Just checked with the techies and there cleaning up the accounts that were affected, should be all in order shortly.
Sharky does that include my account, can you remove my 2 Aud/usd long trades that immediately were Stopped out at -2.6 & -2.3 pips each?

Thanks, it will drastically change my stats.
:)

'Glitches', can't trade a platform full of glitches, especially when they wipe 50% of your profits out.

Besides, i wanna see who's on the make from now on. I also wanna see who should be making more. I've got high expectations for some, i hope i'm not dissapointed.

Good luck mate.

Stop makin excuses u pussy. U said u were gonna win last week and u didn't, then u said u were gonna win these week and all ur ball suckers backed u up, now you've pussied out this week as well. Glitches my @rse, workin fine for me! Gonna win next week tho aren't ya?

Managed to close a single audusd tonight. Can't cancel other orders nor close remaining positions. Freekin nightmare. Only got winning trades in the stats and wining positions closed, now even I can figure out that this means account must be above 50k :rolleyes: Just hoping that my 10 lotter reaches target to see if that triggers a close.

Stop makin excuses u pussy. U said u were gonna win last week and u didn't, then u said u were gonna win these week and all ur ball suckers backed u up, now you've pussied out this week as well. Glitches my @rse, workin fine for me! Gonna win next week tho aren't ya?

STFU.

The only way you could EVER beat me in this comp is if Sharky put my account on hold for 24 hours. End of!

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'

Sharky will not be stitching me up again.

Besides, the way the rules are at the moment, there's only gonna be the same few people winning the comp every week. This comp is going down the pan unless Sharky makes up some rules to benefit the weaker traders.

Now go away.

Looks like there are two separate issues. Firstly with limits not working and secondly an issue with negative margin still showing on some accounts preventing you from closing positions or cancelling orders. Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it this morning.

People in this business are rewarded for success, everyone is rewarded for success. Therefore I see no reason to give a 'handicap' to the weaker traders, when over time they should in fact develop better strategies their self to win. Even the professionals have an 'off week'

Looks like there are two separate issues. Firstly with limits not working and secondly an issue with negative margin still showing on some accounts preventing you from closing positions or cancelling orders. Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it this morning.

Look forward to the fixes Sharky (y)

Another point - my stops and limits I think are working but I'm not sure which is which. I had entered quite a few Entry Orders

1. It would be good to be distinguish which were Market and which were Entry orders
2. To see whether trades were Stopped, Limit hit or Closed.

:)