T2W Forex Contest - Week 3

i see you've done ok too, well done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am attaching a statement...I 've earned some swap too. Pl. check

Attachments

• DetailedStatement.htm
    9.8 KB · Views: 328
To be honest,i had a TP AT 4385,and thought i would lower it,when i went to change the order it wasn,t there.

The short was a manual entry,then adjusted for TP.

Could there have been some bad data spike on FXCM?

Shall i delete the account #3 for the sake of the comp

No stay in dude. We need someone to aim abuse and laugh at... ;)

That short you had, did you close out manually or had you set up a limit entry when it got to that level? I understand it never actually got that low, but just wanted to find out what triggered closing the position.

To be honest,i had a TP AT 4385,and thought i would lower it,when i went to change the order it wasn,t there.

The short was a manual entry,then adjusted for TP.

Could there have been some bad data spike on FXCM?

Shall i delete the account #3 for the sake of the comp

So, just to confirm. You created the short as a simple market order. Then you adjusted it to add a TP(limit) to close at 4385. Then at some point it closed out at 4281, well below your limit order. And you only realised when you went to lower it further, but it was already closed out at 4281. And you don't think it ever went that low. Does that sound right?

Thanks superspurs, we'll investigate and report back on our findings, for now please continue to participate.

So, we found out what happened. Basically we have this 5 minute maintenance window between 5pm and 5:05pm BST (12pm-12:05 ET) when no trading can take place. When the maintenance window finished at 5:05, the first quote we got on the EUR/USD from FXCM had a massive 147 pip spread on it. Hence the system obeyed the delayed order and closed you out, but on this wrong price. The next quote returned back to normal with a ~2 pip spread. We're not sure why we got the wrong price come through, but it appears to have something to do with reconnecting to FXCM after the 5 min maintenance window. Actually we don't need this maintenance window anymore, so we're removing it as of today, that will ensure no more rogue prices on the reconnect.

Unfortunately it's kinda complicated to reverse that order or delete it now. I suggest you remove the #3 tag for now, as it's going to confuse everyone, but when it comes to the final ranking we'll include your entry, deducting the profit from your overall P&L (or perhaps just assigning the profit you would have got when the order closed out based on the actual price at the time). Sorry about that!

Mystery solved, we discovered a bug on the data received on the first quote after a re-connection. Since we actually should only connect once a week on a Sunday night, it could have easily been missed, had it not been for the 5 maintenance window that we had running, but now we've fixed the bug and removed the maintenance window. So all is good again :)

Today's update of the competition leaderboard sees Gordon Gekko snatch the lead from mk31970 with Rugby Trader and counter_violent trailing closely behind.

thurs-1.jpg

Note, this is the top 25 list, there are 32 entries in total.

Good trading! :clover:

Today's update of the competition leaderboard sees Gordon Gekko snatch the lead from mk31970 with Rugby Trader and counter_violent trailing closely behind.

View attachment 115398

Note, this is the top 25 list, there are 32 entries in total.

Good trading! :clover:

Scalping along at the mo and I can confirm Stops and Limits and Limit entries not working at all.

I think more robust error checking has to be applied.

I was thinking how I can setup environment for trading with MT4? If there is a quick link in hand I'll have a go now.

About the stops and limits, if you can confirm a repeatable pattern of when they don't work, please do post your findings in here. We need to be able easily replicate the bug to be able to fix it. Thanks!

The instructions are here for the Metatrader integration:
http://support.forexdesk.com/forums/115695/entries/106312

We need to rewrite them to make it easier to follow, for example FXSystemID and FXPassword values are found on a link from the trading page of your account on ForexDesk.

damn, its close - with NFP figures due shortly, anything can happen.

(generally as a rule I don't trade on NFP days)

Last edited:
Why can't you guys trade real money then you could buy all the prizes yourself?? You wouldn't have to be top! (provided you make some money)

Well, unless there's a major upset as we appach the end of the comp', it looks like being a photo finish between Gordon Gekko and Rugby Trader. C_V caught the Spanish stops bug from me which appears to have killed his chances, which leaves mk31970 fighting a rear guard action in 3rd place. Superspurs appears to have withdrawn from the comp' - which is very sporting of him as he's the only other person who may have given the leaders a run for their money. Anyway, well done to both of you and may the best trader win!
Tim.

Well, unless there's a major upset as we appach the end of the comp', it looks like being a photo finish between Gordon Gekko and Rugby Trader. C_V caught the Spanish stops bug from me which appears to have killed his chances, which leaves mk31970 fighting a rear guard action in 3rd place. Superspurs appears to have withdrawn from the comp' - which is very sporting of him as he's the only other person who may have given the leaders a run for their money. Anyway, well done to both of you and may the best trader win!
Tim.

Talking of stops none of my stops or limits work.

11:39 - USDJPY - Buy - Stop and Limit set at trade entry MO

11:41 - GBPUSD - Buy - Stop and Limit set at trade entry MO

11:52 - USDCAD - Sell - No Stops/Limit set at trade entry MO
11:53 - USDCAD - Stop - set after trade entry
11:57 - USDCAD - Limit - set after trade entry

12:00 - USDCHF - Buy - No stops / only limit set at trade entry MO

12:02 - AUDUSD - Buy - Only stop set / no limit set at trade entry MO

12:02 - AUDUSD - Sell - Entry Order set at 1.065

and despite the massive moves after payroll - nothing was actioned unless I push the buttons manually.

As per screen capture this AUDUSD is one that didn't get stopped out.

Despite different trades one of each nothing really worked.

Attachments

• Stops-Limits-Not-scr-capture.gif
    Stops-Limits-Not-scr-capture.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I gave up the competition this week after 2 days trading. How can I play when I couldn't close my position :( I think it's very basic stuff that the broker/service provider has to ensure. Traders needs only to report small bugs, rare bugs... Hopefully next week might be better :) The Kindle prize is very attractive :)