T2W Forex Contest - Week 3

So you'd like to click just once to close, perhaps just a quick confirmation message so you don't accidentally close a position?
Hi Paul,
Yes indeed - something along those lines would be ideal, IMO.

Today's update of the competition leaderboard propels mk31970 into the no.1 spot, closely followed by counter_violent and Rugby Trader.

weds.jpg

Note, this is the top 25 list, there are 31 entries in total.

in the fairness of the comp,i would like to bring to your attention,i,ve had a dodgy close on my euro short.im short from 4410 and the platform has closed me out for a massive profit at 4281 which it has clearly not reached.

Please do the amending or if not able to,i,ll disqualify myself.

That,s my golfing side coming out,

Oops, I think my chances of winning the Kindle may have suffered a bit of a set-back!
FD Comp.png
:LOL:

Thought I had it when AUD turned against me too...

Off the bottom now. Lightning McQueen is behind me... Amazing stuff. :)

If I could finish neutral this week it be a good result... :whistling

What happened there

Hi forker,
I ****** up!
Did a stunning combination of things wrong . . .
1. Employed 'Spanish Stops'. Not by choice you understand, I just can't work out how to set stops in ForexDesk!
2. Took my eye off the ball. Actually, I blame Sharky as he asked me to to do something - so it's all his fault! :LOL:
3. At one time, I had 4 legs on: 2 were well into profit, one was dancing around B/E and one was showing a loss. Overall, I was well up on the trade. However, because I hadn't had a losing trade (at that point) in this week's comp', I decided not to close the whole thing out, because I wanted to retain my record and I 'hoped' and 'wished' for the retrace to continue long enough to enable me to close all 4 legs with a profit. So, good ol' ego was my undoing there.
All good fun!
Tim.

Thought I had it when AUD turned against me too...

Off the bottom now. Lightning McQueen is behind me... Amazing stuff. :)

If I could finish neutral this week it be a good result... :whistling

yep i'm finished, done for by the sharp move down in gbp this morning.

just logged in tonight to the dismay that its all gone even more pear shaped and i reside in the basement, nice decor down here, you've left it tidy :cheesy:

at least there's plenty more players now and sharks only displays top 25, saves my blushes that :D

Hi forker,
I ****** up!
Did a stunning combination of things wrong . . .
1. Employed 'Spanish Stops'. Not by choice you understand, I just can't work out how to set stops in ForexDesk!
2. Took my eye off the ball. Actually, I blame Sharky as he asked me to to do something - so it's all his fault! :LOL:
3. At one time, I had 4 legs on: 2 were well into profit, one was dancing around B/E and one was showing a loss. Overall, I was well up on the trade. However, because I hadn't had a losing trade (at that point) in this week's comp', I decided not to close the whole thing out, because I wanted to retain my record and I 'hoped' and 'wished' for the retrace to continue long enough to enable me to close all 4 legs with a profit. So, good ol' ego was my undoing there.
All good fun!
Tim.

Guess who's behindddd youuuuuuu??? :cheesy:

Gold does it for me each and every-time... (y)

Went into profit last night and was stunned this morning but I thought it would come round. Half giving up and the other half hoping. The news is ****tee and anybody who says otherwise is glossing over some major issues.

Anyhow - thought gold would rise and went for AUD long. The gold linked currency of choice... (y)

Do you think I should change my name to gold finger? :D

I think my browser got something wrong here, now again I couldn't close my position :(

Hi,
I'll appreciate your answers.
1) (n)while creating the account, I forgot to add#, I only added '3'. I hope I am still being counted in the contest. If Not, pl. tell me how I can change the name.

2) Where can I check other's contestant's performances?

Thanks,

Hi,
1) while creating the account, I forgot to add #, I only added '3'. I hope I am still being counted in the contest. If Not, pl. tell me how I can change the name.

Thanks,

Hi,
1) (n)while creating the account, I forgot to add#, I only added '3'. I hope I am still being counted in the contest. If Not, pl. tell me how I can change the name.

Thanks,

1) it is possible to change the account name and add in the "#" but this hasn't been working and will only stick for a short time before reverting back to the original account naming. try it by going to your account overview and clicking settings.

2) click accounts in the top menu and put #3 in the search box, simples. well in your case put in 3, it'll be close enough :D

i see you've done ok too, well done.

1) it is possible to change the account name and add in the "#" but this hasn't been working and will only stick for a short time before reverting back to the original account naming. try it by going to your account overview and clicking settings.

2) click accounts in the top menu and put #3 in the search box, simples. well in your case put in 3, it'll be close enough :D

i see you've done ok too, well done.

I thought this was fixed as mine has been ok - and yesterday I carried out good many trades of all sorts with and without Stops & Limits. (y)

Actually - not sure if stops and limits, entry orders working yet as they were market orders.

I thought this was fixed as mine has been ok - and yesterday I carried out good many trades of all sorts with and without Stops & Limits. (y)

ok, that's good news (y)

hey you best get some good trades on mate, as i've just lifted off the bottom of the pile and on way up. ok so i'm 2nd from bottom, but i'm on my way :cheesy:

in the fairness of the comp,i would like to bring to your attention,i,ve had a dodgy close on my euro short.im short from 4410 and the platform has closed me out for a massive profit at 4281 which it has clearly not reached.

Please do the amending or if not able to,i,ll disqualify myself.

That,s my golfing side coming out,

That short you had, did you close out manually or had you set up a limit entry when it got to that level? I understand it never actually got that low, but just wanted to find out what triggered closing the position.

I think my browser got something wrong here, now again I couldn't close my position :(

Can you explain what happens when you try and close?

Hi,
1) while creating the account, I forgot to add #, I only added '3'. I hope I am still being counted in the contest. If Not, pl. tell me how I can change the name.

Thanks,

Yes, if you go to your account overview page and click the 'settings' button on the right hand side, you can rename your account. The bug where your account would revert back is now fixed.

Here's the link to check this week's leaderboard:
https://www.forexdesk.com/browse/accounts?direction=desc&search=#3&sort=profit_and_loss

That short you had, did you close out manually or had you set up a limit entry when it got to that level? I understand it never actually got that low, but just wanted to find out what triggered closing the position.

To be honest,i had a TP AT 4385,and thought i would lower it,when i went to change the order it wasn,t there.

The short was a manual entry,then adjusted for TP.

Could there have been some bad data spike on FXCM?

Shall i delete the account #3 for the sake of the comp

Last edited: