T2W Forex Contest - Week 3

I was trying to close online at the link you posted for a while now but it says:
"Oops, something went wrong...
The tech support team has been notified. Please try again later."
Something wrong with the server, Sharky

I could place SL and TP on mt4 but the EA response by a notification that server couldn't receive it, so just the trade, lot sizes without sl and tp :) I could also see on server that we don't have TP, is this the Limit?

Thanks for the update duyk20, that's useful info. TP is the limit, that's correct. Yeah so sorry to confuse, you can't close that position right now, but we'll get it fixed by tomorrow.

Hi, all

Bug? When you select anything other than EURUSD, the price doesn't update.
Feature Request: Stops and Limits in pips?
Feature Request: Show margin usage and 'P/L per pip move' on the Trade input box.
Feature Query: Can I connect up MetaTrader 5 to this comp? MQL5 rocks. (I suppose it shouldn't matter? It's just a buy/sell packet after all? Might try it, and see how it goes. Will update.

Don't want much, then ... n00bs, eh?

Just to set the tone, I went in at 5 Lots Buy on EURUSD and hit my 25 stop within minutes. 5 lots is $50 per pip?!?!?! Nearly s**t myself.

Good luck peeps!
Roji-san.

Some excellent suggestions, thanks for sharing. I've posted my comments below:

Hi, all

Bug? When you select anything other than EURUSD, the price doesn't update.

Do you mean on the trade management page, where it tells you the price in the new order form? If so, it's working fine here. Please tell us what browser you're on and if it's pc or mac.

Feature Request: Stops and Limits in pips?

Can you add this to http://feedback.forexdesk.com site and that will enable others to vote it up and add their own comments. If it's an idean in demand we'll prioritise it.

Feature Request: Show margin usage and 'P/L per pip move' on the Trade input box.

Can you describe in a little more detail how you envisage this working.

Feature Query: Can I connect up MetaTrader 5 to this comp? MQL5 rocks. (I suppose it shouldn't matter? It's just a buy/sell packet after all? Might try it, and see how it goes. Will update.

It's not currently supported, but again if there's demand we'll add it. Can you also add this as a separate idea to the feedback site (http://feedback.forexdesk.com), so people can vote on it. It'll also qualify you for entry for the USB drive for best suggestion this week.

OMG - shock horror! :-0

CV's in the lead...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Hi Sharky,
It's probably just me, but every time I manually close a trade (by clicking on 'close') - it never works first time. I have to click it, wait for the page to refresh and then click it again. I lost $200 in profit on my last trade as a result! As I say, I expect it's just me doing / not doing something silly!
Tim.

one more suggestion: Once we are on the trade, there's no way to move sl or tp.

Definitely a good idea. Some platforms allow a trailing stop. Example "20 point gap, updated every 10 pip step."

If the price moves in your favour by the step value (10), then the stop is recaculated to be maintained at the gap value (20). Obviously it cannot go down, that being the point of triggering trade exit via stop once a trend was aging/deteriorating.

This is also essential to allow automated exits at more sudden trend reversals.

The suggestion above is also essential, as when conditions change, a trade position needs to change with it.

R.

Last edited:
Definitely a good idea. Some platforms allow a trailing stop. Example "20 point gap, updated every 10 pip step."

If the price moves in your favour by the step value (10), then the stop is recaculated to be maintained at the gap value (20). Obviously it cannot go down, that being the point of triggering trade exit via stop once a trend was aging/deteriorating.

This is also essential to allow automated exits at more sudden trend reversals.

The suggestion above is also essential, as when conditions change, a trade position needs to change with it.

R.

You can change S/L by clicking on ORDER TYPE and change from MARKET ORDER to ENTRY ORDER.

Click on the little down arrow.

Strange thing here is you only get one box. However, system determines if it is a stop or limit based on your entry if it is above or below current price.

You can change S/L by clicking on ORDER TYPE and change from MARKET ORDER to ENTRY ORDER.

Click on the little down arrow.

Strange thing here is you only get one box. However, system determines if it is a stop or limit based on your entry if it is above or below current price.

Hardly intuitive is it? How about an "edit trade" link that showed the old values, and allowed new values to be entered?

A long time ago, a wise old developer lent me a book called "Distrubuting Clue to Developer". I'll have to dig it out at this rate. Search for it on Amazon, it's priceless.

R.

Hi Sharky,
It's probably just me, but every time I manually close a trade (by clicking on 'close') - it never works first time. I have to click it, wait for the page to refresh and then click it again. I lost $200 in profit on my last trade as a result! As I say, I expect it's just me doing / not doing something silly!
Tim.

So you'd like to click just once to close, perhaps just a quick confirmation message so you don't accidentally close a position?

I am trying to log in to the feedback URL, www.feedback.forexdesk.com, but can't log in. ShichiRoji/password doesn't work, nor does ShichiRoji#3/password.

Bug Report: "Unable log bug" .... sigh ....

So the url is actually http://feedback.forexdesk.com - but if you go there and click Sign In then it should take you to the main login page on forexdesk to log in. Once logged in then if you go back to that url or better still click the Feedback & Support tab on the right hand side of the page you should be able to get in no problem. If not, then let us know.

Hardly intuitive is it? How about an "edit trade" link that showed the old values, and allowed new values to be entered?

A long time ago, a wise old developer lent me a book called "Distrubuting Clue to Developer". I'll have to dig it out at this rate. Search for it on Amazon, it's priceless.

R.

The user interface definitely needs some more work, and that's one of the things over the next few weeks which will improve dramatically. We weren't sure at the beginning how many people would use the web interface over MT4 integration, but it appears most traders are using the website.

My trades got hammered. When I close a buy ticket, on MT4, it automaticly opens a sell on FXDesk.

@Sharky

The 'feedback login' issue I biatched about yesterday is actaully an issue at my end. I use a terminal server (RDC) which is behaving badly ... sorry for the false alarm.

Logged in properly now.

Will try and do better ... LOL.

R.