T2W Forex Contest - Week 2 (Prize: Apple TV)

I think I had the same thing happen on my first trade of this weeks contest. Took me out for a loss for no apparent reason. I had a limit order in to take profit; maybe it's getting it's knickers in a twist when you have a stop/profit target pending?

Not that I care. I won last week and don't expect to win again, lol

flashy

p'raps you didn't name your account properly - it should be Lord Flasheart#2 to be in the second week contest

jon

oh well that will teach me to read more carefully,Ill just have to wait for next weeks mega prize :)

Re: New T2W Forex Contest - Starts Sun, 15th May

Sharky,

If i win the prize this week i would like to donate whatever i win to a childrens charity, if that's a pratical request. Great Ormond Street or something. Cheers.

Absolutely.. if you win, just nominate your charity and we'll make the equivalent cash donation. (y)

Hi Sharky

I have registered as wastelands but am not on the list

wondered if I am kicked ouy :) ?

Jon was correct, you need to tag your account with #2 (as it's week 2). You still have time to do it, just go to your account here: https://www.forexdesk.com/traders/wastelands/accounts/74 then click "Settings" and change the name. You can call the account anything, be as creative as you like, but just remember to include "#2".

im not in the list

Likewise you need to tag your account with #2 - so go to your account page here: https://www.forexdesk.com/traders/Lord Flasheart/accounts/93 and click "settings" then update the name to include #2.

and today,four times i brought usd/chf only for the trade to to be placed and then i was taken out for a 7 pip loss every time. and yes i did place the stop 30 pips below and checked it

it only happens when i put a stop in

I think I had the same thing happen on my first trade of this weeks contest. Took me out for a loss for no apparent reason. I had a limit order in to take profit; maybe it's getting it's knickers in a twist when you have a stop/profit target pending?

Not that I care. I won last week and don't expect to win again, lol

So just doing some testing myself, I think there's a bug with entering a stop when you place a market order through the manual trading interface. Whatever value I place for the stop it immediately opens and closes the position. If someone create an additional practice account and try testing stops/limits both at the point of entering the order, and then afterwards and report back their results.. that would help a lot. We'll do the same. Thanks!

So just doing some testing myself, I think there's a bug with entering a stop when you place a market order through the manual trading interface. Whatever value I place for the stop it immediately opens and closes the position. If someone create an additional practice account and try testing stops/limits both at the point of entering the order, and then afterwards and report back their results.. that would help a lot. We'll do the same. Thanks!

When changing SL you need to click on little drop down button adn change from Market order to

ENTRY / LIMIT order.

Then it accepts and is clever enough to work out STOP or LIMIT etc...

I have used it to amend SL point works ok.

Otherwise it thinks a Market Order is being placed and closes current position.

being sarcastic,

seriously, its nuts, like Im reading everything backwards or something..

Anyways, heres to climbin out my $20,000 hole in 3 days, see ya Friday

With 2 more days of trading, you're not too late to enter. Find out how:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-competitions/125834-t2w-forex-contest-week-2-prize-apple-tv.html

Also don't forget you could win a nifty little 8gb USB drive just by making a suggestion. Here's how: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w...test-week-2-prize-apple-tv-2.html#post1565092

Today's rankings are as follows:

leaderboard.jpg

What a brilliant contest...every known "systems vendors" and all round "know it all's" have stayed out. What does that tell ya !:)

What a brilliant contest...every known "systems vendors" and all round "know it all's" have stayed out. What does that tell ya !:)

Volumes - money talks and BS walks...

I love it.

I am so tempted to raise my lot size and risk all - but I don't watch much TV so I'm saving my self for something a little more useful.

I like the prize idea...

My strategy is working. I'm flat again but hope to look at placing more entries this evening when I have some leisurely time.

Great stuff. Added a new dimension and edge to it all. (y)

I was just burned using ForexDesk.
Entered long Aud/usd with a 78 pip Stop, automatically closed at -2 pips. Opened a second Aud/usd long, automatically closed at -2 pips.

Opened a third long Aud/usd position without a Stop, has stayed opened.
Had opened Usd/cad short position with a StopLoss, it opened with no problems.

(n)

Yeah it's the same problem that Lord Flasheart reported earlier. Right now, if you open a trade with just a stop loss and no limit, the trade automatically closes. We've already fixed the problem but it's not yet live (it'll get updated tomorrow). For now, you can workaround it by creating the order without the stop then adding it right after, or by creating an order with a stop and limit.

I was just burned using ForexDesk.
Entered long Aud/usd with a 78 pip Stop, automatically closed at -2 pips. Opened a second Aud/usd long, automatically closed at -2 pips.

Opened a third long Aud/usd position without a Stop, has stayed opened.
Had opened Usd/cad short position with a StopLoss, it opened with no problems.

(n)

It has happened to me about 30 times already,

As for Ron paul, wish Him luck, the last 4 presidents that tryed to "take our money back" ended prematurly, He dont have a snowballs chance,

Just sayin, great profits to you

It has happened to me about 30 times already,

As for Ron paul, wish Him luck, the last 4 presidents that tryed to "take our money back" ended prematurly, He dont have a snowballs chance,

Just sayin, great profits to you
You're probably right. It really wouldn't matter anyhow, this country is one big Ponzi scheme on the verge of collapse.

Good trading to you too.