t/a Market timing versus predicting roulette

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
How you predict which entry will be profitable and time the entry , is no better than trying to predict roulette numbers .Most beginner systems are about timing the entry , most beginners lose ,they are taught roulette predicting gambling.

Market timing is the strategy of making buy or sell decisions of financial assets (often stocks) by attempting to predict future market price movements.

Instead try predicting roulette spins on youtube

Here is a thread on what happens , when you try to time the markets.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...22-what-happens-when-you-try-time-market.html

Attachments

• market timing.jpg
    market timing.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 517
80 % of trend breakouts fail in ranging markets.

Attachments

• bo failures.jpg
    bo failures.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 490
  • fbo.jpg
    fbo.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 475
  • zero sum game.jpg
    zero sum game.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 500
Who are you talking to? What are you hoping they will do?

The insane ! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again ,expecting different results.

Instead of waiting patiently for days on a trade , they will enter a trade often late , they will lose after getting a breakout failure.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again ,expecting different results.

You mean, rather like your posts?

Seriously though, you could spend the rest of your life cataloguing the million ways to NOT trade. Its up to you of course but is that a really constructive way to utilise your experience?

You mean, rather like your posts?

Seriously though, you could spend the rest of your life cataloguing the million ways to NOT trade. Its up to you of course but is that a really constructive way to utilise your experience?

I suppose writing about a sensible way to trade might be beneficial , but the crowd method of market timing and discussing it's perils , is a way to block it from the subconcious .

I am going to start a thread on " trading forex using options a stop" It would show how to trade without timing the markets , swing trading major support and resistance , using patience as the main skill.

bought egbp stop 200 pips 0.8434 foresight call

This is market timing trading , it does not work most of the time , inless you know the future or what is going to happen next!
The hindsight results traders got 350 ticks in their delusional trades , i did not get them :LOL::LOL:

Why did nobody get 350 pips profit ?I got over 100 and timed my exit very early , but unsuccessfully.

Attachments

• egbp.jpg
    egbp.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 446
80 % of trend breakouts fail in ranging markets.

100% of trend BO's fail in RANGING markets. There, i fixed this for you.

You are begging the question fallacy! A ranging market doesn't break out. or wouldn't be ranging duh:clap:

100% of trend BO's fail in RANGING markets. There, i fixed this for you.

You are begging the question fallacy! A ranging market doesn't break out. or wouldn't be ranging duh:clap:

so we trade range breakouts strategy everyday :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i'm not getting the joke?

maybe i am dense but i doubt it, consider myself pretty sharp

a ranging market doesn't bo:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am taking a swipe at all the gurus genuises ,they write books to preach

"Daily range breakouts"

"opening range breakouts"

"Daily trend breakouts"

"daily tick chart trades"

These strategies are impossible to make money from , they are non workable .The
authors sell the books and keep the money!

Now the are re-inventing the wheel with a new book for trading holy grail.

Nobel laureate William F. Sharpe and others have alerted investors to the potential pitfalls of market timing ,market timing is generally a difficult game. Using a new measure of investment performance that we call the “roulette wheel” measure

Attachments

• irpn.v2012.n1.pdf
    217.4 KB · Views: 464
nobel laureates are academics not traders. they have NO screen time!

Academics have been telling us for years that TA can't work. Of course, the big banks and market players are the ones sending them students and recruiting their graduates and paying for their research, and these firms want to sell us investment services, not see us go DIY. So they sort of would say that wouldn't they?

Even if only 10% of private retail traders make a consistent profit and survive, this success rate proves private retail trading can be profitable through skill rather than chance.

Academics have been telling us for years that TA can't work. Of course, the big banks and market players are the ones sending them students and recruiting their graduates and paying for their research, and these firms want to sell us investment services, not see us go DIY. So they sort of would say that wouldn't they?

Even if only 10% of private retail traders make a consistent profit and survive, this success rate proves private retail trading can be profitable through skill rather than chance.

Not all t/a works , only supports and resistances on higher time frame work.These give a true area of supply demand.How you trade these areas determines your trading.

More than 95% would make money , if this industry was not infested with losers breeding more losers.The blind are following the blind.

Not all t/a works , only supports and resistances on higher time frame work.These give a true area of supply demand.How you trade these areas determines your trading.

More than 95% would make money , if this industry was not infested with losers breeding more losers.The blind are following the blind.

Mornin' fl

Actually I don't think the failure rate in trading is much different to any profession where practitioners do not have proper training and experience. Would you trust yourself to a self-taught heart surgeon? Or what success rate would you give drivers who have just passed their driving test jumping into F1 racing without more ado?

Not all trainers are losers and charlatans, but sorting out the wheat from the chaff is not one of the easiest jobs in the world.

As an aside I'd add that I expect 95% of people rushing to the Klondike in the gold rush came back with nothing more than blisters on their hands.

Mornin' fl

Actually I don't think the failure rate in trading is much different to any profession where practitioners do not have proper training and experience. Would you trust yourself to a self-taught heart surgeon? Or what success rate would you give drivers who have just passed their driving test jumping into F1 racing without more ado?

Not all trainers are losers and charlatans, but sorting out the wheat from the chaff is not one of the easiest jobs in the world.

As an aside I'd add that I expect 95% of people rushing to the Klondike in the gold rush came back with nothing more than blisters on their hands.

That's the first time I've heard that point of view and it's a good one except that blisters on my backside might be more accurate in my case.

Last edited:
Mornin' fl

We don't allow people to drive without a license , they have to pass the skills and knowledge tests in driving examination.

Why not offer a trading course , an examination and a certificate of competence.You would be doing members pockets a lot of service , you could have saved them millions and got paid for a service.:LOL: