t/a Market timing versus predicting roulette

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
How you predict which entry will be profitable and time the entry , is no better than trying to predict roulette numbers .Most beginner systems are about timing the entry , most beginners lose ,they are taught roulette predicting gambling.

Market timing is the strategy of making buy or sell decisions of financial assets (often stocks) by attempting to predict future market price movements.

Instead try predicting roulette spins on youtube

Here is a thread on what happens , when you try to time the markets.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...22-what-happens-when-you-try-time-market.html

Attachments

• market timing.jpg
    market timing.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 319

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
80 % of trend breakouts fail in ranging markets.

Attachments

• bo failures.jpg
    bo failures.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 311
  • fbo.jpg
    fbo.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 301
  • zero sum game.jpg
    zero sum game.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 303

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
Who are you talking to? What are you hoping they will do?

The insane ! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again ,expecting different results.

Instead of waiting patiently for days on a trade , they will enter a trade often late , they will lose after getting a breakout failure.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,314 1,308
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again ,expecting different results.

You mean, rather like your posts?

Seriously though, you could spend the rest of your life cataloguing the million ways to NOT trade. Its up to you of course but is that a really constructive way to utilise your experience?

Reactions: wackypete2

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
You mean, rather like your posts?

Seriously though, you could spend the rest of your life cataloguing the million ways to NOT trade. Its up to you of course but is that a really constructive way to utilise your experience?

I suppose writing about a sensible way to trade might be beneficial , but the crowd method of market timing and discussing it's perils , is a way to block it from the subconcious .

I am going to start a thread on " trading forex using options a stop" It would show how to trade without timing the markets , swing trading major support and resistance , using patience as the main skill.

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
bought egbp stop 200 pips 0.8434 foresight call

This is market timing trading , it does not work most of the time , inless you know the future or what is going to happen next!
The hindsight results traders got 350 ticks in their delusional trades , i did not get them :LOL::LOL:

Why did nobody get 350 pips profit ?I got over 100 and timed my exit very early , but unsuccessfully.

Attachments

• egbp.jpg
    egbp.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 272

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
80 % of trend breakouts fail in ranging markets.

100% of trend BO's fail in RANGING markets. There, i fixed this for you.

You are begging the question fallacy! A ranging market doesn't break out. or wouldn't be ranging duh:clap:

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
so we trade range breakouts strategy everyday :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i'm not getting the joke?

maybe i am dense but i doubt it, consider myself pretty sharp

a ranging market doesn't bo:LOL::LOL::LOL:

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
i'm not getting the joke?

maybe i am dense but i doubt it, consider myself pretty sharp

a ranging market doesn't bo:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am taking a swipe at all the gurus genuises ,they write books to preach

"Daily range breakouts"

"opening range breakouts"

"Daily trend breakouts"

"daily tick chart trades"

These strategies are impossible to make money from , they are non workable .The
authors sell the books and keep the money!

Now the are re-inventing the wheel with a new book for trading holy grail.

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 137
Nobel laureate William F. Sharpe and others have alerted investors to the potential pitfalls of market timing ,market timing is generally a difficult game. Using a new measure of investment performance that we call the “roulette wheel” measure

Attachments

• irpn.v2012.n1.pdf
    217.4 KB · Views: 283

tomorton

Legendary member
8,314 1,308
Academics have been telling us for years that TA can't work. Of course, the big banks and market players are the ones sending them students and recruiting their graduates and paying for their research, and these firms want to sell us investment services, not see us go DIY. So they sort of would say that wouldn't they?

Even if only 10% of private retail traders make a consistent profit and survive, this success rate proves private retail trading can be profitable through skill rather than chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock